|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Kicks Michael.
(b) Embraces Michael.
(c) Cries in bed.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she would have more children.
(b) She wishes Michael would love her.
(c) She wishes she were dead.
(d) She wishes she could get divorced.
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She has a headache from a busy day.
(c) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(b) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Weeping in bed.
(c) Taking off her evening gloves.
(d) Combing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
2. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael describe his love for Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Why does Agnes taunt Michael with the idea that she might have had an affair?
3. What mood is Agnes in when she first enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
6. What is the author saying about Agnes' character when she is more concerned about the laundry outside than her labor pains?
7. How does Act 3, Scene 1 conclude relating to Agnes and Michael's relationship?
8. What does Agnes realize about the bourbon after Michael takes a swig of it?
9. What is Agnes' reaction to the declaration of Michael's true feelings towards her on the day of her daughter's wedding?
10. Why did Michael react the way he did when he encountered his son returning home?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)