|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(b) Pictures of the children.
(c) Rich paintings.
(d) Embroidered country quilts.
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "God is Love."
(b) "Newly Married."
(c) "God Bless."
(d) "Sweet Dreams."
3. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(b) There are no linens on the bed.
(c) The bed is neatly made.
(d) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After she has labor pains.
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) They had met in a former existence.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
4. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
5. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the young poet's poem and who is it apparently dedicated to?
2. What message does Michael say he got when he first saw the "God Is Love" pillow on his wedding night?
3. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
4. What has Michael tried to persuade Agnes with in order that she might like his book?
5. What does Michael say about his daughter's choice of husband and how has he dealt with the upcoming wedding?
6. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Michael read to Agnes to help ease her labor pains?
8. What does Agnes do while Michael is taking their things to the car?
9. Why does Michael complain that he is feeling horrible pains in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)