|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He is suffering from migraines.
(d) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His book.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) The dinner bell.
3. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
(a) Slam the door.
(b) Spin and twirl in happiness.
(c) Fall down and cry.
(d) Sneeze repeatedly.
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(d) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
5. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A heated water bottle.
(d) The clean laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
2. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
3. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
5. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the words embroidered on the pillow affect the wedding night of Agnes and Michael?
2. Why does Michael say he is in love with another woman?
3. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
4. What stirs Michael to have the courage to express his true feelings for Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
6. What is the source of conflict between Michael and Agnes in the final scene of the play?
7. What mood is Agnes in when she first enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How does Michael describe his love for Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. What does Michael get from the cellar and what are his and Agnes' original plans for it?
10. What do both Agnes and Michael agree to do to calm down while waiting for their son to get home?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)