|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Take the child to a new home.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Keep the child and get divorced.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
2. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(b) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(c) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
3. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Firing his favorite servant.
(b) Spending their savings.
(c) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
4. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Embroidered country quilts.
(b) Pictures of the children.
(c) Rich paintings.
(d) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
5. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(c) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(d) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
2. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
3. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agnes describe Michael's parenting?
2. How does Act 3, Scene 1 conclude relating to Agnes and Michael's relationship?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship?
4. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Agnes realize about the bourbon after Michael takes a swig of it?
6. What message does Michael say he got when he first saw the "God Is Love" pillow on his wedding night?
7. What do Michael and Agnes do as they are waiting for a car to come pick them up in the final scene?
8. Why is Michael so scared of the birth of the baby?
9. What is the conflict at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)