|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the pillowcase.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In his pockets.
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(c) She is very ticklish.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
3. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner trays.
(b) The family cat.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) A pile of clean laundry.
4. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
(a) Another child.
(b) A hug and a kiss.
(c) Her bank account number.
(d) To see her eyes one last time.
5. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) Five years.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Michael so scared of the birth of the baby?
2. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
3. How does Act 3, Scene 1 conclude relating to Agnes and Michael's relationship?
4. What is the source of conflict between Michael and Agnes in the final scene of the play?
5. What is the shift in Michael's actions and treatment toward Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What is Agnes' description of Michael's new found fame as an author?
7. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
8. What does Michael get from the cellar and what are his and Agnes' original plans for it?
9. In Act 1, Scene 2, who does it seem has taken the leadership role in the marriage?
10. Why does Michael roughly grab Agnes' arm and then kiss her in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)