|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) She is not ready to be a mother.
(c) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(d) There is still laundry drying outside.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(b) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(c) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
3. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The cradle.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
4. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) Five years.
(b) A week.
(c) One year.
(d) A month.
5. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
5. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Michael describe his love for Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
4. What do both Agnes and Michael agree to do to calm down while waiting for their son to get home?
5. Why does Agnes wish she were dead at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
7. Why does Michael roughly grab Agnes' arm and then kiss her in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Why is Agnes joking about taking her baby to a home, or orphanage, when talking to Michael?
9. Describe the mood of Agnes during her wedding night.
10. In Act 1, Scene 2, who does it seem has taken the leadership role in the marriage?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)