|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(b) A song that he wrote.
(c) A list of his favorite things.
(d) A poem that he wrote.
2. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes Michael would love her.
(b) She wishes she would have more children.
(c) She wishes she were dead.
(d) She wishes she could get divorced.
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
4. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Shaving in the mirror.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Writing in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
2. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
3. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
5. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mood is Agnes in when she first enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Describe the mood of Agnes during her wedding night.
3. Why does Agnes taunt Michael with the idea that she might have had an affair?
4. Why does Agnes have a rose in her hand?
5. What does Michael say about his daughter's choice of husband and how has he dealt with the upcoming wedding?
6. What does Michael set out to do when his son comes home, and what really happens?
7. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What is Agnes' description of Michael's new found fame as an author?
9. Why did Michael react the way he did when he encountered his son returning home?
10. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)