|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Go on a trip with him.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Ask for favor from her parents.
(d) Not hate his book.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Call a cab.
(c) Help her into bed.
(d) Read his novel to her.
3. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) A piece of wedding cake.
(b) Michael's clothes.
(c) Her suitcase.
(d) Her favorite book.
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(b) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(c) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
5. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(b) Because he is in love with another woman.
(c) Because he is in love with his work.
(d) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
4. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
2. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
3. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the conflict at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Describe the mood of Agnes during her wedding night.
6. Why does Michael say he is in love with another woman?
7. What message does Agnes want to tell the young couple by leaving the "God Is Love" pillow on the bed for them?
8. What has Michael tried to persuade Agnes with in order that she might like his book?
9. Why does Michael roughly grab Agnes' arm and then kiss her in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What does Michael set out to do when his son comes home, and what really happens?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)