|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is broken in half.
(b) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(c) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
(d) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
(c) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(d) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(b) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(c) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(d) So she can help him button his shirt.
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(b) A song that he wrote.
(c) A poem that he wrote.
(d) A list of his favorite things.
5. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
(a) He could not stop giggling.
(b) He had cute little stories.
(c) His clothing was fabulous.
(d) His cologne was special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
3. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
5. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Agnes' feelings differ toward the writings of Michael and the writings of the young poet?
2. What is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. How do the words embroidered on the pillow affect the wedding night of Agnes and Michael?
4. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
5. Why are there so many sudden changes of subject in the conversation of Agnes and Michael on their wedding night?
6. What is the conflict at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
8. Why is Michael so scared of the birth of the baby?
9. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does Agnes do while Michael is taking their things to the car?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)