|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(c) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(d) She is very ticklish.
2. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(b) He is suffering from migraines.
(c) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(d) He has the flu.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(b) Cigar smoke.
(c) Wedding cake.
4. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(c) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(d) Michael and Agnes embrace.
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(b) How pretty the bed is.
(c) How handsome Michael is.
(d) How wonderful the wedding was.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
4. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
5. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agnes keep bringing up the fact that she smells gas from the lamps?
2. What is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Michael set out to do when his son comes home, and what really happens?
4. What do both Agnes and Michael agree to do to calm down while waiting for their son to get home?
5. What does Agnes realize about the bourbon after Michael takes a swig of it?
6. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
7. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
8. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Michael say about his daughter's choice of husband and how has he dealt with the upcoming wedding?
10. What does Agnes do while Michael is taking their things to the car?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)