Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) The cradle.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
2. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) The clean laundry.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A heated water bottle.
3. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) There are no linens on the bed.
(b) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(c) The bed is neatly made.
(d) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
4. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
5. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she could get divorced.
(c) She wishes Michael would love her.
(d) She wishes she would have more children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
2. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
3. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agnes feel so betrayed by Michael?
2. Why does Michael complain that he is feeling horrible pains in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What do Michael and Agnes do as they are waiting for a car to come pick them up in the final scene?
4. What is the conflict at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What faults in parenting do Agnes and Michael depict for each other?
6. How does the fourposter bed have importance in Michael's life before even meeting Agnes?
7. Why is Agnes joking about taking her baby to a home, or orphanage, when talking to Michael?
8. Why is it important that Michael tells Agnes how much he loves the fact she has cold feet, hiccups and scratches her stomach in her sleep?
9. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
10. What is the setting of the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)