|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
2. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she could get divorced.
(c) She wishes Michael would love her.
(d) She wishes she would have more children.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Combing her hair.
(b) Weeping in bed.
(d) Taking off her evening gloves.
4. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is broken in half.
(b) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
(c) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(d) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Lie in bed and cries.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michael roughly grab Agnes' arm and then kiss her in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why did Michael react the way he did when he encountered his son returning home?
3. What unites Agnes and Michael in the attitude toward their son's behavior?
4. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
5. Why does Agnes have a rose in her hand?
6. What is the shift in Michael's actions and treatment toward Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How do Agnes' feelings differ toward the writings of Michael and the writings of the young poet?
8. Why is Agnes joking about taking her baby to a home, or orphanage, when talking to Michael?
9. What is it that Agnes taunts Michael with in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)