|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More children.
(b) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) More money.
2. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's dirty ears.
(b) The bed pillow.
(c) A mouse.
(d) Michael's top hat.
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(c) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(d) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Embraces Michael.
(b) Kicks Michael.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Cries in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Michael show he cares for Agnes on their wedding night?
2. What does Michael say about his daughter's choice of husband and how has he dealt with the upcoming wedding?
3. Why does Agnes feel so betrayed by Michael?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, who does it seem has taken the leadership role in the marriage?
5. Why does Michael complain that he is feeling horrible pains in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What message does Agnes want to tell the young couple by leaving the "God Is Love" pillow on the bed for them?
7. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
8. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship?
10. What do Michael and Agnes do as they are waiting for a car to come pick them up in the final scene?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)