|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(b) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(c) The way she folds laundry.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
2. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
(a) To see her eyes one last time.
(b) Another child.
(c) Her bank account number.
(d) A hug and a kiss.
3. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) His leg hurts.
(c) He is worshipping her.
(d) He tripped and fell.
4. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(b) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(c) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(d) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
5. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He kisses her hand.
(b) He twists her arm behind her back.
(c) He dances with her.
(d) He throws her onto the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
3. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
5. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael react the way he did when he encountered his son returning home?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship?
3. What message does Michael say he got when he first saw the "God Is Love" pillow on his wedding night?
4. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
5. In what ways does Michael show he cares for Agnes on their wedding night?
6. What unites Agnes and Michael in the attitude toward their son's behavior?
7. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
8. What has Michael tried to persuade Agnes with in order that she might like his book?
9. How does Michael act in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What mood is Agnes in when she first enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)