|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(b) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(c) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(d) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
3. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bassinet.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A dining set.
(d) Another bed.
4. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her favorite book.
(b) Michael's clothes.
(c) A piece of wedding cake.
(d) Her suitcase.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room has not changed at all.
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room is richly decorated
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
2. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the shift in Michael's actions and treatment toward Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Michael get from the cellar and what are his and Agnes' original plans for it?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does Agnes describe Michael's parenting?
5. What stirs Michael to have the courage to express his true feelings for Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What is Agnes' description of Michael's new found fame as an author?
7. What is the author saying about Agnes' character when she is more concerned about the laundry outside than her labor pains?
8. What does Michael turn around and do as he is about to leave to fetch the doctor?
9. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
10. Why does Agnes feel so betrayed by Michael?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)