|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Call a cab.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Help her into bed.
(d) Read his novel to her.
2. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How handsome Michael is.
(b) How pretty the bed is.
(c) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(d) How wonderful the wedding was.
3. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A rose.
(b) A candle.
(c) A piece of fruit.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
4. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Go on a trip with him.
(b) Ask for favor from her parents.
(c) Not hate his book.
(d) Be happy.
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) A book.
(d) A rattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
2. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
3. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
4. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michael react the way he did when he encountered his son returning home?
2. What do both Agnes and Michael agree to do to calm down while waiting for their son to get home?
3. Why does Michael complain that he is feeling horrible pains in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does the fourposter bed have importance in Michael's life before even meeting Agnes?
5. Why does Agnes keep bringing up the fact that she smells gas from the lamps?
6. What is the shift in Michael's actions and treatment toward Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why is Michael so scared of the birth of the baby?
8. What is Agnes' reaction to the declaration of Michael's true feelings towards her on the day of her daughter's wedding?
9. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
10. Why does Agnes taunt Michael with the idea that she might have had an affair?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)