|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) In the pillowcase.
(d) In the trunk.
2. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is now very pregnant.
(b) She has gained a lot of weight.
(c) She has cut her hair very short.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He twists her arm behind her back.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He throws her onto the bed.
(d) He kisses her hand.
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The dinner bell.
(b) His book.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
5. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
(a) Fall down and cry.
(b) Slam the door.
(c) Spin and twirl in happiness.
(d) Sneeze repeatedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
2. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael turn around and do as he is about to leave to fetch the doctor?
2. Why does Agnes keep bringing up the fact that she smells gas from the lamps?
3. What is the source of conflict between Michael and Agnes in the final scene of the play?
4. Why does Michael complain that he is feeling horrible pains in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the status of Michael and Agnes' relationship at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What unites Agnes and Michael in the attitude toward their son's behavior?
7. What do Michael and Agnes do as they are waiting for a car to come pick them up in the final scene?
8. What does Agnes do while Michael is taking their things to the car?
9. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
10. How do the words embroidered on the pillow affect the wedding night of Agnes and Michael?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)