|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Her wedding gown.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) Her hand mirror.
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) They are arguing over breakfast.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(d) They are holding hands.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(c) She is extremely happy.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Writing in a notebook.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Shaving in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
3. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of the play, does it seem as if Agnes and Michael truly love each other?
2. How does the fourposter bed have importance in Michael's life before even meeting Agnes?
3. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
4. What is the source of conflict between Michael and Agnes in the final scene of the play?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
6. How is the relationship between Agnes and Michael at the very end of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What do both Agnes and Michael agree to do to calm down while waiting for their son to get home?
8. What mood is Agnes in when she first enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. Why is Agnes so melancholy at the start of Act 3, Scene 1?
10. What is Agnes' reaction to the declaration of Michael's true feelings towards her on the day of her daughter's wedding?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)