|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Lie in bed and cries.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) An oversized dinner bell.
(b) Pots and pans.
(c) A horn.
(d) A whistle.
4. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) His book.
(d) The dinner bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
3. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
4. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. In the beginning of the play, does it seem as if Agnes and Michael truly love each other?
3. Why does Michael think it is a bad idea to leave the "God Is Love" pillow behind?
4. Why does Michael roughly grab Agnes' arm and then kiss her in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
6. Why does Agnes wish she were dead at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why are there so many sudden changes of subject in the conversation of Agnes and Michael on their wedding night?
8. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
9. What is the shift in Michael's actions and treatment toward Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What is Agnes' reaction when Michael recounts his encounter with their son?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)