|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another bed.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A dining set.
(d) A bassinet.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She has spent all their savings.
(b) She might have had an affair.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
3. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(b) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(c) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(d) Kisses Agnes many times.
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Agnes' mother.
(c) Michael's sister.
(d) Agnes' father.
5. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) They still have time before the baby is born.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
2. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Agnes do while Michael is taking their things to the car?
2. What is Michael's gift to the new couple and where does he leave it?
3. What does Michael turn around and do as he is about to leave to fetch the doctor?
4. What is the setting at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the setting of the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What is the purpose of the fourposter bed in the first scene?
7. Why is Agnes joking about taking her baby to a home, or orphanage, when talking to Michael?
8. Why does Agnes keep bringing up the fact that she smells gas from the lamps?
9. How does Michael act in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What message does Agnes want to tell the young couple by leaving the "God Is Love" pillow on the bed for them?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)