|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She sees him as a son.
(c) She is enthralled with him.
(d) She is offended by him.
2. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Her folded wedding dress.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(d) Michael's book.
3. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(b) Good and proper.
(c) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
4. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Her daughter to be happy.
(c) To be happy.
(d) A trip.
5. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Young and rich.
(b) Nice and young.
(c) Rude and arrogant.
(d) Poor and sad.
6. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) No shoes or socks.
(b) A top hat.
(c) A nightshirt.
7. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Happy and content.
(b) Lonely and sad.
(c) Someone's mother and wife.
(d) An adolescent with a longing heart.
8. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) How much does he love her?
(b) What was their son wearing?
(c) What time is it?
(d) Why did he only say that?
9. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She is comforting him.
(c) She is trying to control him.
(d) She is cold.
10. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
11. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) He hated Agnes.
(b) He was trapped in a world of women.
(c) He would never be alone again.
(d) He felt encouraged.
12. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She does not care.
(c) She is incredulous.
(d) She is angry.
13. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
(a) That his son is a womanizer.
(b) That his son is an alcoholic.
(c) That his son is stealing from him.
(d) That his son is a young man.
14. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) One year.
(b) A few months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) A few days.
15. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
2. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
3. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What do Michael and Agnes feel is a pity?
5. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)