Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She is enthralled with him.
(b) She is offended by him.
(c) She sees him as a son.
(d) She hates him.
2. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
(b) No, Michael calls him poor.
(c) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(d) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
(a) Shaving in the mirror.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Packing a suitcase.
(d) Writing at his desk.
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(b) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(c) To prove something to Agnes.
(d) To show that he is better than every other writer.
5. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Throws the pillow away in the trashcan.
(b) Hides the pillow in the cellar.
(c) Covers the pillow with the bed linens.
(d) Hands the pillow to Michael.
6. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(c) Children's rhymes.
7. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A nightshirt.
(b) No shoes or socks.
(c) A top hat.
8. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) It has been dismantled.
(b) The curtains are more elaborate.
(c) There are no bed linens.
(d) The curtains are more conservative.
9. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Get to bed.
(b) Good night.
(c) Good morning.
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) A good rest.
(c) Breakfast and tea.
(d) A swig of bourbon.
11. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
(b) Michael's father.
(d) Agnes' father.
12. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping in the fourposter.
13. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) The tenants are moving out.
(b) There is a party going on.
(c) It has become a children's room.
(d) Redecorating is taking place.
14. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Late at night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Very early morning.
15. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Good and proper.
(b) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(c) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
2. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
4. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)