|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) Why did he only say that?
(b) What time is it?
(c) How much does he love her?
(d) What was their son wearing?
2. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
3. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
(b) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
(c) To check for some wine to drink.
(d) To see if there is anything overlooked.
4. Michael tell Agnes he would have made a run for it on the first night of their marriage had he not been wearing what?
(a) Uncomfortable shoes.
(b) His wedding tuxedo.
(c) His top hat.
(d) Woolen underwear.
5. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Poor and sad.
(b) Rude and arrogant.
(c) Nice and young.
(d) Young and rich.
6. What do Agnes and Michael decide not to do in the last scene?
(a) Get divorced.
(b) Leave the fourposter bed.
(c) Drink the champagne.
(d) Move to a new home.
7. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) In bed sleeping.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Searching for something on the floor.
(d) Seated at her dressing table.
8. What is on the walls of the room in the last scene?
(a) Framed paintings.
(b) Discolored spots on the wallpaper.
(c) A fresh coat of paint.
(d) Family portraits.
9. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Humming the Wedding March.
(b) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(c) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(d) Adjusting his suit and tie.
10. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To be happy.
(c) A trip.
(d) Her daughter to be happy.
11. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Storming through the door.
(c) Drinking bourbon.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
12. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Get to bed.
(c) Good morning.
(d) Good night.
13. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
(a) A bible.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) Her hand mirror.
(d) One of Michael's manucripts.
14. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Late at night.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Very early morning.
15. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
(c) Castor oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
2. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
3. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)