|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A swig of bourbon.
(b) A good rest.
(c) A lot of money.
(d) Breakfast and tea.
2. Where does Michael put the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) On Agnes' side of the bed.
(b) In the trashcan.
(c) In the suitcase.
(d) Underneath the bed.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
4. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(a) Children's rhymes.
5. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
(b) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(c) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(d) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
6. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Drinking bourbon.
(b) Folding laundry.
(c) Storming through the door.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
7. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A dead rodent.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) An old family photo album.
(d) A crate of wine.
8. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
(a) The young man.
(b) Her son.
(c) The young woman.
(d) Her daughter,
9. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She does not care.
(d) She is incredulous.
10. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She is enthralled with him.
(b) She sees him as a son.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is offended by him.
11. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She gets angry and storms out.
(b) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
(c) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(d) She laughs and cries at the same time.
12. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Searching for something on the floor.
(b) In bed sleeping.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Seated at her dressing table.
13. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Late night.
(c) After dinner.
14. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
(a) In his son's room.
(b) In his suitcase.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) On his side of the bed.
15. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
5. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)