|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few months.
(c) One year.
(d) Seven years.
3. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(b) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(c) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(d) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
4. Where does Michael put the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) On Agnes' side of the bed.
(b) In the suitcase.
(c) In the trashcan.
(d) Underneath the bed.
5. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Torn apart by different parenting methods.
(b) Full of jealousy and anger.
(c) On the brink of divorce.
(d) United in love and parenthood.
6. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The start of a better life.
(b) The first day of their divorce.
(c) The first day of their vacation.
(d) The end of their marriage.
7. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(a) His fans.
(b) The young poet.
(d) His daughter.
8. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
(a) Choke and cough.
(c) Go to sleep.
9. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
10. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She is offended by him.
(b) She is enthralled with him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She sees him as a son.
11. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(b) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
(c) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(d) The poet is a neighbor.
12. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She is incredulous.
(d) She does not care.
13. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
(b) To see if there is anything overlooked.
(c) To check for some wine to drink.
(d) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
14. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(b) His daughter is eloping.
(c) His son has not come home from a party.
(d) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
15. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) A chance to live her life.
(b) Another child.
(c) To become a published author.
(d) More money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
3. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
4. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
5. What is on the walls of the room in the last scene?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)