|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
(b) He quickly returns and is distracted.
(c) He never returns.
(d) He returns with a platter of food.
2. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A dead rodent.
(b) An old family photo album.
(c) A bottle of champagne.
(d) A crate of wine.
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(b) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(c) How much she misses her parents.
(d) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
4. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(b) Adjusting his suit and tie.
(c) Humming the Wedding March.
(d) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
5. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Seated at her dressing table.
(b) Searching for something on the floor.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) In bed sleeping.
6. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His head.
(b) His hand.
(c) His lips.
(d) His feet.
7. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(a) Brought to tears of sadness.
(d) Jealous of how good it is.
8. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) A chance to live her life.
(b) Another child.
(c) To become a published author.
(d) More money.
9. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(b) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
(c) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(d) Concern over their financial issues.
10. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(b) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(c) His daughter is eloping.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
11. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Leaving him for another man.
(b) Leaving the "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) Telling him she is pregnant again.
(d) Trying to drink alcohol.
12. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) Redecorating is taking place.
(b) It has become a children's room.
(c) The tenants are moving out.
(d) There is a party going on.
13. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(b) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
(c) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(d) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
14. What is on the walls of the room in the last scene?
(a) A fresh coat of paint.
(b) Discolored spots on the wallpaper.
(c) Framed paintings.
(d) Family portraits.
15. How does Act 3, Scene 2 conclude?
(a) Michael and Agnes' children enter and everyone hugs.
(b) Michael and Agnes fall asleep in bed.
(c) Michael carries Agnes out of the room.
(d) Agnes is left in tears as Michael leaves the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why does Agnes say that she and Michael cannot drink champagne?
4. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
5. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)