|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) It has been dismantled.
(b) The curtains are more conservative.
(c) The curtains are more elaborate.
(d) There are no bed linens.
2. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She is incredulous.
(d) She does not care.
3. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(c) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(b) Concern over their financial issues.
(c) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(d) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
5. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(b) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(c) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(d) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
6. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) He felt encouraged.
(b) He was trapped in a world of women.
(c) He hated Agnes.
(d) He would never be alone again.
7. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
(a) A vanity mirror.
(b) The fourposter.
(c) Dresser drawers.
(d) Table and chairs.
8. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To be happy.
(c) Her daughter to be happy.
(d) A trip.
9. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Lonely and sad.
(b) Happy and content.
(c) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(d) Someone's mother and wife.
10. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
(a) She is excited about upcoming authors.
(b) The poet is her best friend.
(c) The poet is her son-in-law.
(d) She is happy that he takes interest in her.
11. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The first day of their vacation.
(b) The start of a better life.
(c) The first day of their divorce.
(d) The end of their marriage.
12. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
(a) Give it to her daughter.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Leave it on the bed.
(d) Take it with her.
13. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Administer punishment to his son.
(b) Call the doctor for his sick son.
(c) Fetch something to eat.
(d) Go and search for his son.
14. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
(a) His parents.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) The wedding ceremony.
(d) Agnes' parents.
15. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
(a) Her hand mirror.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) A bible.
(d) One of Michael's manucripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
2. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)