|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
(a) Castor oil.
2. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(b) His daughter is eloping.
(c) His son has not come home from a party.
(d) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
3. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(b) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Entering through the door.
4. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Michael's book.
(b) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(c) Her folded wedding dress.
(d) A comb and hand mirror.
5. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The young poet.
(c) Her father.
6. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A frog in a pond.
(b) A dog in the doghouse.
(c) A fish is the ocean.
(d) A cat in a tree.
7. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
(a) Agnes and Michael's daughter.
(d) Agnes and Michael's son.
8. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) A chance to live her life.
(b) Another child.
(c) More money.
(d) To become a published author.
9. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) How much she misses her parents.
(b) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(c) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
(d) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
10. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A letter of fan mail that he just read.
(b) His memories of an early love.
(c) The anger in Agnes' eyes.
(d) The crass words of the young poet.
11. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Get to bed.
(b) Good morning.
(d) Good night.
12. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Drinking bourbon.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) Storming through the door.
13. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To be happy.
(c) Her daughter to be happy.
(d) A trip.
14. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The curtains are more conservative.
(b) The curtains are more elaborate.
(c) It has been dismantled.
(d) There are no bed linens.
15. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
(a) Dresser drawers.
(b) A vanity mirror.
(c) The fourposter.
(d) Table and chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)