|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She is offended by him.
(b) She is enthralled with him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She sees him as a son.
2. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
3. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(b) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(c) Exactly like that of her own father.
(d) Good and proper.
4. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Disciplining their son too much.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Being an alcoholic.
(d) Being too lenient with their son.
5. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
(a) Leave it on the bed.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Take it with her.
(d) Give it to her daughter.
6. Why does Agnes say that she and Michael cannot drink champagne?
(a) It is too early in the morning.
(b) The champagne belongs to her son.
(c) There are no glasses.
(d) The champagne has spoiled.
7. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Drinking bourbon.
(b) Storming through the door.
(c) Folding laundry.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
8. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Poor and sad.
(b) Nice and young.
(c) Young and rich.
(d) Rude and arrogant.
9. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) After dinner.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Very early morning.
(d) Late at night.
10. What age are Agnes and Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Almost middle age.
(c) In their twenties.
11. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
(a) The young man.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter,
(d) The young woman.
12. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Her daughter to be happy.
(c) A trip.
(d) To be happy.
13. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Seven in the evening.
(b) Four in the afternoon.
(d) Four in the morning.
14. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(d) Children's rhymes.
15. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
(a) The bed was a bad financial investment.
(b) The bed only has bad memories for her.
(c) She wishes she could get rid of the bed.
(d) The bed had a nice history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Agnes and Michael muse over at the end of the play?
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
3. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
4. How does Act 3, Scene 2 conclude?
5. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)