|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
(a) Agnes and Michael's son.
(c) Agnes and Michael's daughter.
2. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Get to bed.
(b) Good morning.
(d) Good night.
3. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Concern over their financial issues.
(b) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(c) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(d) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
4. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His fans.
(d) The young poet.
5. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) No shoes or socks.
(c) A nightshirt.
(d) A top hat.
6. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
(a) A bible.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) One of Michael's manucripts.
(d) Her hand mirror.
7. What do Agnes and Michael muse over at the end of the play?
(a) The start of their new life.
(b) How many children the new couple will have.
(c) The echoes in the room.
(d) How many grandchildren they will have.
8. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) United in love and parenthood.
(b) Full of jealousy and anger.
(c) On the brink of divorce.
(d) Torn apart by different parenting methods.
9. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) A dirty old bed.
(c) Clean linens.
(d) A "God Is Love" pillow.
10. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
(a) He stretches onto the bed.
(b) He sits down cross legged.
(c) He rests his head in his hands.
(d) He kneels on the ground.
11. What does Michael do with the foil from the champagne bottle?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Hide it under the bed linens.
(c) Give it to Agnes.
(d) Keep it in his pocket.
12. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A dog in the doghouse.
(b) A cat in a tree.
(c) A frog in a pond.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
13. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(b) Adjusting his suit and tie.
(c) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(d) Humming the Wedding March.
14. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
15. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(b) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(c) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(d) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
2. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
4. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)