|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(b) No, Michael calls him poor.
(c) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
(d) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
2. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are angry and both leave the room.
(b) They reconcile and embrace.
(c) They fail to see each others' point of view and are uneasy.
(d) They decide to be better parents and shake hands.
3. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
(b) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(c) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(d) Concern over their financial issues.
4. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
(a) A "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Clean linens.
(c) A bottle of champagne.
(d) A dirty old bed.
5. How does Act 3, Scene 2 conclude?
(a) Michael carries Agnes out of the room.
(b) Michael and Agnes fall asleep in bed.
(c) Agnes is left in tears as Michael leaves the room.
(d) Michael and Agnes' children enter and everyone hugs.
6. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The first day of their divorce.
(b) The end of their marriage.
(c) The first day of their vacation.
(d) The start of a better life.
7. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Joy and best wishes.
(b) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(c) Selfish anger.
(d) Empty Nest Syndrome.
8. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
9. What event is happening that day in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Agnes and Michael's wedding vow renewal.
(b) Agnes and Michael's son's wedding.
(c) Agnes and Michael's daughter's wedding.
(d) Agnes and Michael's divorce.
10. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(b) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Entering through the door.
11. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
(a) Dresser drawers.
(b) A vanity mirror.
(c) Table and chairs.
(d) The fourposter.
12. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) He hated Agnes.
(b) He would never be alone again.
(c) He was trapped in a world of women.
(d) He felt encouraged.
13. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her father.
(c) The young poet.
14. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Seven years.
(b) A few months.
(c) A few days.
(d) One year.
15. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) Redecorating is taking place.
(b) There is a party going on.
(c) It has become a children's room.
(d) The tenants are moving out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
3. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
4. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
5. What age are Agnes and Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)