|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She wants to donate them to the poor.
(b) She wants Michael to keep them.
(c) She wants to throw them away.
(d) She is leaving them on the bed.
2. What do Agnes and Michael decide not to do in the last scene?
(a) Drink the champagne.
(b) Move to a new home.
(c) Leave the fourposter bed.
(d) Get divorced.
3. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) There is a party going on.
(b) It has become a children's room.
(c) The tenants are moving out.
(d) Redecorating is taking place.
4. What event is happening that day in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Agnes and Michael's son's wedding.
(b) Agnes and Michael's wedding vow renewal.
(c) Agnes and Michael's daughter's wedding.
(d) Agnes and Michael's divorce.
5. How does Act 3, Scene 2 conclude?
(a) Agnes is left in tears as Michael leaves the room.
(b) Michael and Agnes fall asleep in bed.
(c) Michael and Agnes' children enter and everyone hugs.
(d) Michael carries Agnes out of the room.
6. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Full of jealousy and anger.
(b) United in love and parenthood.
(c) Torn apart by different parenting methods.
(d) On the brink of divorce.
8. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Good night.
(c) Good morning.
(d) Get to bed.
9. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) No, Michael calls him poor.
(b) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(c) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
(d) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
10. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
(a) Table and chairs.
(b) Dresser drawers.
(c) The fourposter.
(d) A vanity mirror.
11. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Leaving him for another man.
(b) Telling him she is pregnant again.
(c) Leaving the "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) Trying to drink alcohol.
12. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Take it with her.
(c) Leave it on the bed.
(d) Give it to her daughter.
13. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
(a) The young man.
(b) Her son.
(c) The young woman.
(d) Her daughter,
14. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Very early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late at night.
(d) After dinner.
15. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is a neighbor.
(b) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(c) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(d) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
2. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
4. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)