|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(b) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
(c) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(d) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
2. What does Michael tell his son in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Good morning.
(c) Get to bed.
(d) Good night.
3. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A cat in a tree.
(b) A frog in a pond.
(c) A dog in the doghouse.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) How much she misses her parents.
(b) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
(c) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(d) That she looks horrible in her dress.
5. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Joy and best wishes.
(b) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(c) Empty Nest Syndrome.
(d) Selfish anger.
6. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She sees him as a son.
(c) She is offended by him.
(d) She is enthralled with him.
7. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His daughter is eloping.
(b) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(c) His son has not come home from a party.
(d) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
8. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She relaxes and goes to sleep.
9. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
(b) To see if there is anything overlooked.
(c) To check for some wine to drink.
(d) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
10. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To prove something to Agnes.
(b) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(c) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(d) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
11. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Storming through the door.
(c) Drinking bourbon.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
12. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
(a) He sits down cross legged.
(b) He rests his head in his hands.
(c) He stretches onto the bed.
(d) He kneels on the ground.
13. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Searching for something on the floor.
(c) Seated at her dressing table.
(d) In bed sleeping.
14. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A crate of wine.
(b) An old family photo album.
(c) A dead rodent.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
15. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) To become a published author.
(b) More money.
(c) Another child.
(d) A chance to live her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
2. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
3. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
5. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)