|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Call the doctor for his sick son.
(b) Go and search for his son.
(c) Administer punishment to his son.
(d) Fetch something to eat.
2. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
(a) The bed had a nice history.
(b) The bed was a bad financial investment.
(c) The bed only has bad memories for her.
(d) She wishes she could get rid of the bed.
3. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His lips.
(b) His head.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hand.
4. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Rude and arrogant.
(b) Young and rich.
(c) Nice and young.
(d) Poor and sad.
5. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To prove something to Agnes.
(b) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(c) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(d) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
6. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A frog in a pond.
(b) A dog in the doghouse.
(c) A cat in a tree.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
7. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Her father.
(d) The young poet.
8. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
9. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Seated at her dressing table.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Searching for something on the floor.
(d) In bed sleeping.
10. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
(c) Castor oil.
11. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A nightshirt.
(c) No shoes or socks.
12. What does Agnes say she does not want to argue about in the last scene?
(a) What to leave on the bed.
(b) Where she and Michael are moving.
(c) Her children's lives.
(d) Who her son marries.
13. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A swig of bourbon.
(b) A good rest.
(c) Breakfast and tea.
(d) A lot of money.
14. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) He hated Agnes.
(b) He would never be alone again.
(c) He was trapped in a world of women.
(d) He felt encouraged.
15. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Someone's mother and wife.
(b) Lonely and sad.
(c) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(d) Happy and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
2. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
4. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
5. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)