|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(b) The poet is a neighbor.
(c) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
(d) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
2. What do Agnes and Michael decide not to do in the last scene?
(a) Leave the fourposter bed.
(b) Drink the champagne.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Move to a new home.
3. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(b) Someone's mother and wife.
(c) Happy and content.
(d) Lonely and sad.
4. What does Agnes say she does not want to argue about in the last scene?
(a) Where she and Michael are moving.
(b) Who her son marries.
(c) Her children's lives.
(d) What to leave on the bed.
5. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) She wants to throw them away.
(b) She is leaving them on the bed.
(c) She wants to donate them to the poor.
(d) She wants Michael to keep them.
6. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) He has banned alcohol in the house.
(b) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(c) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(d) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
8. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Searching for something on the floor.
(b) In bed sleeping.
(c) Seated at her dressing table.
(d) Entering through the door.
9. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) There is a party going on.
(b) It has become a children's room.
(c) Redecorating is taking place.
(d) The tenants are moving out.
10. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
(a) Her son is failing in school.
(b) Her son has been picking on his sister.
(c) Her son has been talking back.
(d) Her son has been tricking her about his medicine.
11. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) Another child.
(b) More money.
(c) A chance to live her life.
(d) To become a published author.
12. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
(a) The wedding ceremony.
(b) Agnes' parents.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) His parents.
13. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(b) Good and proper.
(c) Exactly like that of her own father.
(d) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
14. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
(a) In Agnes' wardrobe.
(b) In the servant's quarters.
(c) In his son's drawer.
(d) Under the fourposter bed.
15. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
(a) Choke and cough.
(b) Go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
4. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)