|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) One of Michael's manucripts.
(c) Her hand mirror.
(d) A bible.
2. What does Michael tell Agnes he first thought when he saw the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) He hated Agnes.
(b) He felt encouraged.
(c) He was trapped in a world of women.
(d) He would never be alone again.
3. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She relaxes and goes to sleep.
(d) She cries.
4. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(b) Someone's mother and wife.
(c) Happy and content.
(d) Lonely and sad.
5. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
(a) The bed was a bad financial investment.
(b) The bed only has bad memories for her.
(c) The bed had a nice history.
(d) She wishes she could get rid of the bed.
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(b) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
(c) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(d) How much she misses her parents.
7. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Favoring their daughter.
(c) Not working hard enough.
(d) Spending too much money.
8. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(b) Children's rhymes.
9. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His lips.
(b) His feet.
(c) His head.
(d) His hand.
10. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She gets angry and storms out.
(b) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(c) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(d) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
11. What does Michael ask Agnes about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) How much do they cost.
(b) Does she want to throw them away.
(c) Are they selling or leaving them.
(d) Are they newly laundered.
12. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A comb and hand mirror.
(b) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(c) Her folded wedding dress.
(d) Michael's book.
13. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A crate of wine.
(b) A dead rodent.
(c) An old family photo album.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
14. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(b) The young poet.
(c) His fans.
(d) His daughter.
15. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He never returns.
(b) He quickly returns and is distracted.
(c) He returns with a platter of food.
(d) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
2. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
4. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
5. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)