|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The start of a better life.
(b) The first day of their vacation.
(c) The end of their marriage.
(d) The first day of their divorce.
2. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Choke and cough.
3. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
(b) He never returns.
(c) He returns with a platter of food.
(d) He quickly returns and is distracted.
4. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
(a) In his suitcase.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) On his side of the bed.
(d) In his son's room.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) One year.
(b) A few days.
(c) Seven years.
(d) A few months.
6. In Act 3, Scene 2, what is the only thing that remains in the room from previous scenes?
(a) The fourposter.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) Dresser drawers.
(d) A vanity mirror.
7. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Empty Nest Syndrome.
(b) Selfish anger.
(c) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(d) Joy and best wishes.
8. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Go and search for his son.
(b) Administer punishment to his son.
(c) Fetch something to eat.
(d) Call the doctor for his sick son.
9. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Young and rich.
(b) Nice and young.
(c) Rude and arrogant.
(d) Poor and sad.
10. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
11. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Her hand mirror.
(c) A bible.
(d) One of Michael's manucripts.
12. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
(b) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
(c) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(d) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
13. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Four in the morning.
(c) Four in the afternoon.
(d) Seven in the evening.
14. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A frog in a pond.
(b) A cat in a tree.
(c) A fish is the ocean.
(d) A dog in the doghouse.
15. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
(a) That his son is an alcoholic.
(b) That his son is a young man.
(c) That his son is stealing from him.
(d) That his son is a womanizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
5. What motivates Michael to declare his true feelings to Agnes in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)