|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes plan to do with the "God Is Love" pillow in the end of the play?
(a) Take it with her.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Give it to her daughter.
(d) Leave it on the bed.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
3. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
4. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Favoring their daughter.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Spending too much money.
(d) Not working hard enough.
5. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) Lonely and sad.
(b) Happy and content.
(c) Someone's mother and wife.
(d) An adolescent with a longing heart.
6. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(b) The poet is a neighbor.
(c) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(d) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
7. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Administer punishment to his son.
(b) Fetch something to eat.
(c) Go and search for his son.
(d) Call the doctor for his sick son.
8. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) Why did he only say that?
(b) How much does he love her?
(c) What was their son wearing?
(d) What time is it?
9. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
(b) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(c) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
(d) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
10. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They decide to be better parents and shake hands.
(b) They are angry and both leave the room.
(c) They fail to see each others' point of view and are uneasy.
(d) They reconcile and embrace.
11. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The curtains are more elaborate.
(b) The curtains are more conservative.
(c) There are no bed linens.
(d) It has been dismantled.
12. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) The tenants are moving out.
(b) There is a party going on.
(c) Redecorating is taking place.
(d) It has become a children's room.
13. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Exactly like that of her own father.
(b) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(c) Good and proper.
(d) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
14. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) No, Michael calls him poor.
(b) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(c) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
(d) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
15. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Late night.
(d) After dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Michael and Agnes feel is a pity?
2. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
3. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What is Agnes' decision about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)