|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Her daughter to be happy.
(c) To be happy.
(d) A trip.
2. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Sleeping in bed.
(c) Storming through the door.
(d) Drinking bourbon.
3. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
(a) Give the couple all new furniture and clothes.
(b) Give the couple money so they can start a new life.
(c) Let the couple know that she and Michael had been happy.
(d) Let the couple know that marriage is not pleasant.
4. Why does Agnes say that she and Michael cannot drink champagne?
(a) The champagne belongs to her son.
(b) It is too early in the morning.
(c) There are no glasses.
(d) The champagne has spoiled.
5. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
(a) Her son has been talking back.
(b) Her son is failing in school.
(c) Her son has been tricking her about his medicine.
(d) Her son has been picking on his sister.
6. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(a) The young poet.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His fans.
7. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A nightshirt.
(b) No shoes or socks.
(d) A top hat.
8. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is a neighbor.
(b) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(c) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(d) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
9. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Searching for something on the floor.
(b) Seated at her dressing table.
(c) In bed sleeping.
(d) Entering through the door.
10. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
11. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A swig of bourbon.
(b) A good rest.
(c) A lot of money.
(d) Breakfast and tea.
12. What does Agnes do with the "God Is Love" pillow when she hears Michael coming back into the room at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Covers the pillow with the bed linens.
(b) Hides the pillow in the cellar.
(c) Throws the pillow away in the trashcan.
(d) Hands the pillow to Michael.
13. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His daughter is eloping.
(b) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(c) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
14. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
(a) Under the fourposter bed.
(b) In his son's drawer.
(c) In the servant's quarters.
(d) In Agnes' wardrobe.
15. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Late night.
(c) After dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
4. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)