|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A swig of bourbon.
(b) A lot of money.
(c) Breakfast and tea.
(d) A good rest.
2. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her father.
(d) The young poet.
3. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A trip.
(b) To be happy.
(c) Her daughter to be happy.
4. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Selfish anger.
(b) Joy and best wishes.
(c) Empty Nest Syndrome.
(d) Uneasiness and lack of control.
5. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(b) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(c) His daughter is eloping.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
6. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) Michael's book.
(d) Her folded wedding dress.
7. After drinking from the bourbon bottle, what does Michael do?
(a) Choke and cough.
(c) Go to sleep.
8. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) In bed sleeping.
(b) Seated at her dressing table.
(c) Searching for something on the floor.
(d) Entering through the door.
9. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is enthralled with him.
(c) She sees him as a son.
(d) She is offended by him.
10. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) Writing at his desk.
(c) Packing a suitcase.
(d) Shaving in the mirror.
11. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Being too lenient with their son.
(c) Disciplining their son too much.
(d) Being an alcoholic.
12. Where does Michael put the bottle of champagne?
(a) In his son's room.
(b) On his side of the bed.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In his suitcase.
13. What does Michael ask Agnes about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Are they selling or leaving them.
(b) Does she want to throw them away.
(c) How much do they cost.
(d) Are they newly laundered.
14. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Good and proper.
(b) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(c) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
15. How does Agnes describe the couple moving in?
(a) Rude and arrogant.
(b) Young and rich.
(c) Poor and sad.
(d) Nice and young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
3. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
4. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)