|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is trying to control him.
(b) She is comforting him.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She misses him.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what do both Agnes and Michael want to help ease their worry?
(a) A lot of money.
(b) A good rest.
(c) Breakfast and tea.
(d) A swig of bourbon.
3. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A fish is the ocean.
(b) A frog in a pond.
(c) A dog in the doghouse.
(d) A cat in a tree.
4. Agnes says she is leaving the "God Is Love" pillow for who?
(a) Her son.
(b) The young man.
(c) Her daughter,
(d) The young woman.
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The end of their marriage.
(b) The first day of their divorce.
(c) The start of a better life.
(d) The first day of their vacation.
6. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
(a) A "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) A dirty old bed.
(c) Clean linens.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
7. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Drinking bourbon.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Storming through the door.
8. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
(a) In the servant's quarters.
(b) In Agnes' wardrobe.
(c) Under the fourposter bed.
(d) In his son's drawer.
9. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Being an alcoholic.
(c) Being too lenient with their son.
(d) Disciplining their son too much.
10. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(b) His son has not come home from a party.
(c) His daughter is eloping.
(d) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
11. Where does Michael put the "God Is Love" pillow?
(a) In the suitcase.
(b) Underneath the bed.
(c) In the trashcan.
(d) On Agnes' side of the bed.
12. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) His parents.
(c) The wedding ceremony.
(d) Agnes' parents.
13. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
(a) She is happy that he takes interest in her.
(b) She is excited about upcoming authors.
(c) The poet is her son-in-law.
(d) The poet is her best friend.
14. Is Michael happy with his daughter's choice of husband, and how does he address his son-in-law?
(a) No, Michael calls him a nit wit.
(b) Yes, Michael thinks he is wealthy.
(c) No, Michael calls him poor.
(d) Yes, Michael descibes him as perfect.
15. What does Michael ask Agnes about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Does she want to throw them away.
(b) Are they newly laundered.
(c) How much do they cost.
(d) Are they selling or leaving them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
2. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
3. Agnes tells Michael that what object is staying on the bed when they leave?
4. What does Agnes say she does not want to argue about in the last scene?
5. Why has Agnes become angry with her son?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)