|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 3, Scene 2 conclude?
(a) Michael carries Agnes out of the room.
(b) Agnes is left in tears as Michael leaves the room.
(c) Michael and Agnes' children enter and everyone hugs.
(d) Michael and Agnes fall asleep in bed.
2. It is apparent that what event is happening in the room at the end of the play?
(a) There is a party going on.
(b) It has become a children's room.
(c) The tenants are moving out.
(d) Redecorating is taking place.
3. What can Michael not believe that Agnes is doing in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Telling him she is pregnant again.
(b) Leaving him for another man.
(c) Trying to drink alcohol.
(d) Leaving the "God Is Love" pillow.
4. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(b) His fans.
(c) The young poet.
(d) His daughter.
5. What do Agnes and Michael muse over at the end of the play?
(a) How many children the new couple will have.
(b) The start of their new life.
(c) The echoes in the room.
(d) How many grandchildren they will have.
6. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A cat in a tree.
(b) A dog in the doghouse.
(c) A frog in a pond.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
7. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(a) Children's rhymes.
8. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
(a) She is excited about upcoming authors.
(b) The poet is her son-in-law.
(c) She is happy that he takes interest in her.
(d) The poet is her best friend.
9. What do Michael and Agnes feel is a pity?
(a) That their children never got married.
(b) That will not have that much longer to live.
(c) That the new couple will never be happy.
(d) That the fourposter will not fit in their new apartment.
10. What is Agnes' response when she hears what Michael tells their son?
(a) She is incredulous.
(b) She does not care.
(c) She starts crying.
(d) She is angry.
11. What does Agnes say she does not want to argue about in the last scene?
(a) What to leave on the bed.
(b) Who her son marries.
(c) Her children's lives.
(d) Where she and Michael are moving.
12. What has Michael and Agnes' son been doing with his medicine?
(a) Tricking his sister into taking it.
(b) Dutifully taking it.
(c) Hiding it in the bourbon bottle.
(d) Selling it to the poor.
13. What does Michael bring back from the cellar?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) An old family photo album.
(c) A crate of wine.
(d) A dead rodent.
14. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
(b) To see if there is anything overlooked.
(c) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
(d) To check for some wine to drink.
15. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(b) Good and proper.
(c) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Agnes and Michael decide not to do in the last scene?
2. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
3. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
4. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)