|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) The cradle.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
2. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(b) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
4. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A whistle.
(b) Pots and pans.
(c) A horn.
(d) An oversized dinner bell.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Kicks Michael.
(b) Cries in bed.
(c) Embraces Michael.
(d) Goes to sleep.
6. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(b) Spending their savings.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
7. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) Understanding and warmth.
(b) More money.
(c) More children.
(d) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
8. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
9. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So she can smell his breath for herself.
10. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner trays.
(b) The family cat.
(c) A pile of clean laundry.
(d) A newborn baby.
11. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A widow.
(b) A wife, a friend.
(c) A daughter.
(d) An even prettier princess.
12. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His book.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) The dinner bell.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
13. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Wash his right ear.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Shave his face.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Read his novel to her.
(b) Call a cab.
(c) Help her into bed.
(d) Make dinner.
15. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(b) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(c) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
3. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
4. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)