|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dining set.
(b) Another bed.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A bassinet.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she will go on vacation with him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A whistle.
(b) Pots and pans.
(c) An oversized dinner bell.
(d) A horn.
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
5. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In a new bed.
(b) The cradle.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
6. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Sweet Dreams."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "God Bless."
(d) "Newly Married."
7. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
8. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) He is worshipping her.
(c) He tripped and fell.
(d) His leg hurts.
9. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(c) Because he is in love with another woman.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
10. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) An even prettier princess.
(b) A wife, a friend.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A widow.
11. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Wedding cake.
12. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Brush his teeth.
(c) Wash his right ear.
(d) Shave his face.
13. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
(a) She will throw it away.
(b) She will read it tomorrow.
(c) She is jealous and angry.
(d) She is excited and happy.
14. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) She forgot to turn off the oven.
(d) They still have time before the baby is born.
15. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) His book.
(d) The dinner bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
2. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
4. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)