|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A dining set.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) Another bed.
2. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After she has labor pains.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
3. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) They had met in a former existence.
(d) She reminded him of his mother.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) There is still laundry drying outside.
(b) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
5. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Cheated on Agnes.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) Found his mate for life.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
6. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) His book.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) The dinner bell.
7. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(c) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(d) Michael and Agnes embrace.
8. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
9. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(c) She has a headache from a busy day.
(d) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(b) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(c) Her youth is over.
(d) She is extremely happy.
11. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(b) Kisses Agnes many times.
(c) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(d) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
12. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Laugh and kiss.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Fall asleep in bed.
13. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) His smoking habit.
(b) His looks and charm.
(c) The children.
(d) The only person who has always loved him.
14. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(b) Complain about Agnes' timing.
(c) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(d) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
15. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
4. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)