|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
(a) She is jealous and angry.
(b) She is excited and happy.
(c) She will throw it away.
(d) She will read it tomorrow.
2. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In Agnes' arms.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) The cradle.
3. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(b) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(c) Kisses Agnes many times.
(d) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Help her into bed.
(c) Call a cab.
(d) Read his novel to her.
5. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Embroidered country quilts.
(b) Rich paintings.
(c) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(d) Pictures of the children.
6. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is now very pregnant.
(b) She has cut her hair very short.
(c) She now walks with crutches.
(d) She has gained a lot of weight.
7. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(b) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(c) The bed is neatly made.
(d) There are no linens on the bed.
8. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(b) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(c) Michael and Agnes embrace.
(d) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
9. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) An even prettier princess.
(b) A widow.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wife, a friend.
10. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
11. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(b) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(c) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(d) After eating dinner.
12. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More money.
(b) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) More children.
13. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Fall asleep in bed.
(b) Embrace in bed.
(c) Laugh and kiss.
(d) Argue and part ways.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never has another child.
(b) If she never sees her parents again.
(c) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
(d) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
15. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
(a) His clothing was fabulous.
(b) He had cute little stories.
(c) He could not stop giggling.
(d) His cologne was special.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
2. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
3. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)