|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Take off the coat again.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Kiss Agnes.
(d) Go outside to get the laundry.
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Sweet Dreams."
(b) "Newly Married."
(c) "God is Love."
(d) "God Bless."
3. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Go on a trip with him.
(c) Ask for favor from her parents.
(d) Not hate his book.
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(b) She has a headache from a busy day.
(c) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(d) She is tipsy from the champagne.
5. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) Her hand mirror.
(d) Her wedding gown.
6. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He won a fortune gambling.
(c) He is bankrupt.
(d) He is having an affair.
7. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) She is not ready to be a mother.
(b) There is still laundry drying outside.
(c) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
8. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He had bad breath.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(d) He is a hack writer.
9. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
10. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she has been married once before.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she lied to him about her age.
(d) That she has never seen a man naked before.
11. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(b) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
12. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(b) A poem that he wrote.
(c) A song that he wrote.
(d) A list of his favorite things.
13. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes Michael would love her.
(b) She wishes she could get divorced.
(c) She wishes she were dead.
(d) She wishes she would have more children.
14. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(b) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(c) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
(d) Complain about Agnes' timing.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never has another child.
(b) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
(c) If she never sees her parents again.
(d) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
2. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
5. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)