|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Wash his right ear.
2. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(b) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(c) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(d) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Combing her hair.
(c) Taking off her evening gloves.
(d) Weeping in bed.
4. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) Her wedding gown.
(c) Her hand mirror.
(d) A suitcase.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(b) Cigar smoke.
(c) Wedding cake.
6. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) Five years.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) One year.
7. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A miniature groom decoration.
(b) A piece of fruit.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
8. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) They are arguing over breakfast.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
9. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A dining set.
(b) Another bed.
(c) A bassinet.
(d) A rocking chair.
10. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(c) The way she folds laundry.
(d) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
11. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(b) He is suffering from migraines.
(c) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(d) He has the flu.
12. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A wife, a friend.
(b) A widow.
(c) An even prettier princess.
(d) A daughter.
13. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) Shaving in the mirror.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Writing in a notebook.
14. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He won a fortune gambling.
(d) He is an orphan.
15. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(c) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)