|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(c) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(d) After she has labor pains.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Kicks Michael.
(b) Cries in bed.
(c) Embraces Michael.
(d) Goes to sleep.
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The dinner bell.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) His book.
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is in love with another woman.
(b) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(c) Because he is in love with his work.
(d) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
5. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Embroidered country quilts.
(b) Rich paintings.
(c) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(d) Pictures of the children.
6. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In his pockets.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the pillowcase.
(d) In the trunk.
7. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) She reminded him of his mother.
8. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A whistle.
(b) An oversized dinner bell.
(c) Pots and pans.
(d) A horn.
9. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She has a headache from a busy day.
(b) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(c) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
10. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Wash his right ear.
(d) Brush his teeth.
11. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(b) A poem that he wrote.
(c) A song that he wrote.
(d) A list of his favorite things.
12. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) A book.
(d) A rattle.
13. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
14. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
15. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) Just his nightshirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)