|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
2. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Kisses Agnes many times.
(b) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
(c) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(d) Starts arguing with Agnes.
3. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) There is still laundry drying outside.
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' mother.
(b) Michael's sister.
(c) Agnes' father.
(d) Michael's mother.
6. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Take the child to a new home.
(d) Keep the child and get divorced.
7. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The new book he has started to write.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
8. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Not hate his book.
(b) Go on a trip with him.
(c) Ask for favor from her parents.
(d) Be happy.
9. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
(a) Spin and twirl in happiness.
(b) Fall down and cry.
(c) Slam the door.
(d) Sneeze repeatedly.
10. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(b) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(c) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(d) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
11. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A song that he wrote.
(b) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(c) A list of his favorite things.
(d) A poem that he wrote.
12. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
(a) He had cute little stories.
(b) His clothing was fabulous.
(c) He could not stop giggling.
(d) His cologne was special.
13. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is having an affair.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He won a fortune gambling.
(d) He is an orphan.
14. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) Just his nightshirt.
15. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Cries in bed.
(c) Kicks Michael.
(d) Embraces Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
3. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
4. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
5. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)