|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) She is extremely happy.
2. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) The new book he has started to write.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He throws her onto the bed.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He twists her arm behind her back.
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Michael's sister.
(c) Agnes' mother.
(d) Agnes' father.
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
6. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(b) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
(c) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(d) Complain about Agnes' timing.
7. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A poem that he wrote.
(b) A song that he wrote.
(c) A list of his favorite things.
(d) Dinner from a recipe he created.
8. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A piece of fruit.
(b) A rose.
(c) A candle.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
9. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(b) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(c) After she has labor pains.
(d) After the baby is born.
10. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Read his novel to her.
(c) Call a cab.
(d) Help her into bed.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
12. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She now walks with crutches.
(b) She has cut her hair very short.
(c) She has gained a lot of weight.
(d) She is now very pregnant.
13. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) He needs to finish writing his book.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) She forgot to turn off the oven.
(d) They still have time before the baby is born.
14. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Michael's clothes.
(b) A piece of wedding cake.
(c) Her favorite book.
(d) Her suitcase.
15. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How pretty the bed is.
(b) How handsome Michael is.
(c) How wonderful the wedding was.
(d) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)