|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She has spent all their savings.
(b) She might be pregnant again.
(c) She might have had an affair.
(d) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
(b) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Call a cab.
(b) Help her into bed.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Read his novel to her.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Lie in bed and cries.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
6. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
7. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is now very pregnant.
(b) She has gained a lot of weight.
(c) She has cut her hair very short.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
8. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(d) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
10. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) He is worshipping her.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He tripped and fell.
11. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Laugh and kiss.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Fall asleep in bed.
12. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) He loved her at first sight.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
13. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) His duty and should be dismissed.
(b) Cheated on Agnes.
(c) Found his mate for life.
(d) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
14. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A stranger that morning.
15. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He throws her onto the bed.
(b) He dances with her.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He twists her arm behind her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)