|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Michael's dirty ears.
(c) Michael's top hat.
(d) The bed pillow.
2. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(b) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(c) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(d) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
3. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
(a) His cologne was special.
(b) He had cute little stories.
(c) He could not stop giggling.
(d) His clothing was fabulous.
4. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(c) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(d) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) Understanding and warmth.
(b) More children.
(c) More money.
(d) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
6. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His book.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) The dinner bell.
(d) Her shoe.
7. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Ask for favor from her parents.
(b) Not hate his book.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Go on a trip with him.
8. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) The cradle.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
9. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is suffering from migraines.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(d) He is having sympathy labor pains.
10. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
11. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(b) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(c) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(d) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
12. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room has not changed at all.
13. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She has never loved him.
(b) He is a hack writer.
(c) He had bad breath.
(d) She no longer sees him as her husband.
14. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) Just his nightshirt.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
15. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
3. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
4. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)