|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(c) He is suffering from migraines.
(d) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
2. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) They are arguing over breakfast.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) Michael is carrying Agnes.
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(b) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(c) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(d) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
4. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A fish and a shark.
(b) The sky and the earth.
(c) A drone and queen bee.
(d) A royal king and queen.
5. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she would have more children.
(b) She wishes Michael would love her.
(c) She wishes she were dead.
(d) She wishes she could get divorced.
6. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A list of his favorite things.
(b) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(c) A song that he wrote.
(d) A poem that he wrote.
7. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A rattle.
(c) A book.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
8. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
(a) Another child.
(b) A hug and a kiss.
(c) Her bank account number.
(d) To see her eyes one last time.
9. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The dinner bell.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) His book.
(d) Her shoe.
10. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(b) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(c) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(d) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
11. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) They had met in a former existence.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
12. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's mother.
(b) Michael's sister.
(c) Agnes' father.
(d) Agnes' mother.
13. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) He is a hack writer.
(d) He had bad breath.
14. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) They still have time before the baby is born.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
15. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In Agnes' arms.
(c) In a new bed.
(d) The cradle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
5. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)