|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) They still have time before the baby is born.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
3. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(b) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(c) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(d) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
4. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Good looks.
(b) Success of his book.
(c) Influence in society.
(d) Her life.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Help her into bed.
(c) Read his novel to her.
(d) Call a cab.
6. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He had bad breath.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(d) He is a hack writer.
7. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room is really messy.
(c) The room has not changed at all.
(d) The room has sparse decoration.
9. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Another bed.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A dining set.
(d) A rocking chair.
10. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he is in love with his work.
(c) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(d) Because he is in love with another woman.
11. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
12. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "God Bless."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Newly Married."
(d) "Sweet Dreams."
13. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) Understanding and warmth.
(b) More children.
(c) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(d) More money.
14. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
15. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Too much noise.
(b) Intense pain.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) The brightness of the sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
2. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
3. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
5. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)