|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
2. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Ask for favor from her parents.
(b) Go on a trip with him.
(c) Not hate his book.
(d) Be happy.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) Cigar smoke.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(b) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(c) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(d) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
6. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she would have more children.
(c) She wishes Michael would love her.
(d) She wishes she could get divorced.
7. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(b) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(c) After eating dinner.
(d) After fetching the laundry from outside.
8. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Spending their savings.
(b) Firing his favorite servant.
(c) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
9. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A widow.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A wife, a friend.
(d) An even prettier princess.
10. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A song that he wrote.
(b) A list of his favorite things.
(c) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(d) A poem that he wrote.
11. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(b) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(c) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(d) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
12. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) They are holding hands.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(d) They are arguing over breakfast.
13. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Go outside to get the laundry.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Take off the coat again.
(d) Kiss Agnes.
14. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
15. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is worshipping her.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He tripped and fell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
2. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)