|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) Understanding and warmth.
(b) More money.
(c) More children.
(d) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
2. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Michael's clothes.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) A piece of wedding cake.
(d) Her favorite book.
3. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(c) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(d) Saying their vows at their wedding.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Thirty years.
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Kiss Agnes.
(b) Take off the coat again.
(c) Go outside to get the laundry.
(d) Call for help.
6. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(b) He has the flu.
(c) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(d) He is suffering from migraines.
7. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They are arguing over breakfast.
8. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Michael's dirty ears.
(c) The bed pillow.
(d) Michael's top hat.
9. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Spending their savings.
(b) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
10. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room has not changed at all.
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room is richly decorated
11. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Shave his face.
(b) Wash his right ear.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Brush his teeth.
12. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
(a) Another child.
(b) Her bank account number.
(c) To see her eyes one last time.
(d) A hug and a kiss.
13. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
14. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(b) That she has terrific balance.
(c) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(d) That her legs are weak.
15. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) There is still laundry drying outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
2. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)