|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(c) The way she folds laundry.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
2. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Michael's clothes.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) Her favorite book.
(d) A piece of wedding cake.
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(b) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(c) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
4. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is a hack writer.
(b) She has never loved him.
(c) He had bad breath.
(d) She no longer sees him as her husband.
5. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(b) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
6. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Writing in a notebook.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Shaving in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
7. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) Gas from the lamps.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
8. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will help him write a poem.
(b) That she will go on vacation with him.
(c) That she is happy too.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(b) Cigar smoke.
(d) Wedding cake.
10. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she lied to him about her age.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has been married once before.
(d) That she has never seen a man naked before.
11. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) The only person who has always loved him.
(b) The children.
(c) His smoking habit.
(d) His looks and charm.
12. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The cradle.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In Agnes' arms.
(d) In a new bed.
13. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' mother.
(b) Michael's mother.
(c) Michael's sister.
(d) Agnes' father.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room has sparse decoration.
(b) The room has not changed at all.
(c) The room is really messy.
(d) The room is richly decorated
15. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A wife, a friend.
(b) A widow.
(c) A daughter.
(d) An even prettier princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
3. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)