|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(b) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(c) Spending their savings.
(d) Firing his favorite servant.
2. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her favorite book.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) A piece of wedding cake.
(d) Michael's clothes.
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His mother.
(b) A stranger that morning.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) His teacher.
4. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
5. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(b) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(c) They are arguing over breakfast.
(d) They are holding hands.
6. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
(a) Fall down and cry.
(b) Spin and twirl in happiness.
(c) Slam the door.
(d) Sneeze repeatedly.
7. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
8. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
(b) The fourposter is broken in half.
(c) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(d) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
(b) If she never sees her parents again.
(c) If she never has another child.
(d) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
10. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(b) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(c) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(d) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
11. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Follow after him out the door.
(b) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(c) Lie in bed and cries.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
12. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(b) So she can help him button his shirt.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
13. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(c) Her youth is over.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
14. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Not hate his book.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Ask for favor from her parents.
(d) Go on a trip with him.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room has not changed at all.
(c) The room has sparse decoration.
(d) The room is really messy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
2. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
5. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)