Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
Michael is carrying Agnes.
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
4. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
He is worshipping her.
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
6. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
Michael's dirty ears.
7. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
8. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
They had met in...
This section contains 3,086 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)