|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael say no young couple should have to find underneath the sheets?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) A dirty old bed.
(c) Clean linens.
(d) A "God Is Love" pillow.
2. Why does Michael go into the cellar?
(a) In order to make sure there is no one down there.
(b) He wants to exercise on the stairs.
(c) To check for some wine to drink.
(d) To see if there is anything overlooked.
3. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His jeans and a sweater.
(b) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(c) Just his nightshirt.
(d) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
4. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
5. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Give the child to her parents.
(b) Take the child to a new home.
(c) Keep the child and get divorced.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
2. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
4. Where does Michael put the "God Is Love" pillow?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)