|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After eating dinner.
(b) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(c) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(d) After Agnes' mother arrives.
2. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she has terrific balance.
(b) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(c) That her legs are weak.
(d) That she is a wonderful dancer.
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) They are holding hands.
(c) They are arguing over breakfast.
(d) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
4. Why does Agnes say that she and Michael cannot drink champagne?
(a) The champagne belongs to her son.
(b) It is too early in the morning.
(c) The champagne has spoiled.
(d) There are no glasses.
5. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
(c) Castor oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
2. What do Agnes and Michael muse over at the end of the play?
3. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)