|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
(b) His daughter is eloping.
(c) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(d) His son has not come home from a party.
2. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
(a) Agnes' parents.
(b) His parents.
(c) The wedding ceremony.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
3. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(c) Because he is in love with another woman.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
4. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
5. What does Michael ask Agnes about the bedclothes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) How much do they cost.
(b) Are they newly laundered.
(c) Are they selling or leaving them.
(d) Does she want to throw them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
3. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)