|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A stranger that morning.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
2. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
3. What is Michael doing when he is first seen in the last scene?
(a) Shaving in the mirror.
(b) Writing at his desk.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Packing a suitcase.
4. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) His duty and should be dismissed.
(b) Cheated on Agnes.
(c) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(d) Found his mate for life.
5. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) The young poet.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
4. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)