|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the walls of the room in the last scene?
(a) Family portraits.
(b) A fresh coat of paint.
(c) Framed paintings.
(d) Discolored spots on the wallpaper.
2. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To prove something to Agnes.
(b) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(c) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(d) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
3. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She now walks with crutches.
(b) She has gained a lot of weight.
(c) She has cut her hair very short.
(d) She is now very pregnant.
4. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Concern over their financial issues.
(b) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(c) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(d) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
5. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A comb and hand mirror.
(b) A bouquet that matches her gown.
(c) Her folded wedding dress.
(d) Michael's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
2. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
5. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)