|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
(a) An adolescent with a longing heart.
(b) Someone's mother and wife.
(c) Happy and content.
(d) Lonely and sad.
2. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A heated water bottle.
(c) The clean laundry.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
3. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Exactly like that of her own father.
(b) Good and proper.
(c) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(d) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Follow after him out the door.
(b) Lie in bed and cries.
(c) Laugh hysterically.
(d) Open the door and tells him to come back.
5. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(a) His daughter.
(c) His fans.
(d) The young poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)