|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After she has labor pains.
2. What does Michael do with the foil from the champagne bottle?
(a) Keep it in his pocket.
(b) Give it to Agnes.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Hide it under the bed linens.
3. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
(b) He returns with a platter of food.
(c) He never returns.
(d) He quickly returns and is distracted.
4. How does Agnes describe the fourposter bed in the last scene?
(a) The bed only has bad memories for her.
(b) She wishes she could get rid of the bed.
(c) The bed had a nice history.
(d) The bed was a bad financial investment.
5. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(b) Because he is in love with his work.
(c) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(d) Because he is in love with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
3. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)