|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
(b) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(c) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
(d) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
2. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Michael's book.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) Her folded wedding dress.
(d) A bouquet that matches her gown.
3. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His fans.
(d) The young poet.
4. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(c) Sleeping in the fourposter.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They fail to see each others' point of view and are uneasy.
(b) They reconcile and embrace.
(c) They are angry and both leave the room.
(d) They decide to be better parents and shake hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael accuse Agnes of in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
3. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
4. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
5. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)