|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Seven in the evening.
(c) Four in the morning.
(d) Four in the afternoon.
2. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(c) Jealous of how good it is.
(d) Brought to tears of sadness.
3. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She has gained a lot of weight.
(b) She is now very pregnant.
(c) She has cut her hair very short.
(d) She now walks with crutches.
4. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Not hate his book.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Go on a trip with him.
(d) Ask for favor from her parents.
5. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(b) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(c) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(d) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes say she wants to do for the young couple?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
4. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
5. What does Michael leave to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)