|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michael so angry about the bourbon bottle?
(a) His seventeen-year-old son has been hiding the bottle.
(b) Agnes has been hiding it in secret.
(c) He thinks the family cannot afford to be buying bourbon.
(d) He has banned alcohol in the house.
2. What do Michael and Agnes feel is a pity?
(a) That the new couple will never be happy.
(b) That will not have that much longer to live.
(c) That the fourposter will not fit in their new apartment.
(d) That their children never got married.
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(b) She gets angry and storms out.
(c) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(d) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
(b) She might have had an affair.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She has spent all their savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
5. What does Michael say he got a different message and reaction from than Agnes on his wedding night?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)