|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(b) The bed is neatly made.
(c) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(d) There are no linens on the bed.
2. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That she has terrific balance.
(c) That her legs are weak.
(d) That she is a wonderful dancer.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(b) After she has labor pains.
(c) After the baby is born.
(d) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
5. What does Agnes accuse Michael of in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Spending too much money.
(b) Favoring their daughter.
(c) Not working hard enough.
(d) Having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
3. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
5. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)