|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Newly Married."
(b) "Sweet Dreams."
(c) "God Bless."
(d) "God is Love."
2. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Too much noise.
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) The brightness of the sunlight.
(d) Intense pain.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Weeping in bed.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Taking off her evening gloves.
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How pretty the bed is.
(b) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(c) How wonderful the wedding was.
(d) How handsome Michael is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
2. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
4. What has Michael and Agnes' son been doing with his medicine?
5. How is Agnes and Michael's relationship at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)