|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) The bed pillow.
(b) A mouse.
(c) Michael's top hat.
(d) Michael's dirty ears.
2. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A horn.
(b) Pots and pans.
(c) An oversized dinner bell.
(d) A whistle.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never has another child.
(b) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
(c) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
(d) If she never sees her parents again.
4. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(b) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(c) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(d) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
5. Who does Michael say makes him sing?
(a) His fans.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The young poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
2. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
3. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)