|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
(a) The poet is her son-in-law.
(b) She is happy that he takes interest in her.
(c) The poet is her best friend.
(d) She is excited about upcoming authors.
3. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(b) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
(c) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
(d) Concern over their financial issues.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(c) Wedding cake.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she is happy too.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
3. What does Agnes describe herself as being all her life?
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)