|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Found his mate for life.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) Cheated on Agnes.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never sees her parents again.
(b) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
(c) If she never has another child.
(d) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
3. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Keep the child and get divorced.
(b) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(c) Give the child to her parents.
(d) Take the child to a new home.
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(b) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(c) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
5. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She relaxes and goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)