|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(b) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(c) Spending their savings.
(d) Firing his favorite servant.
2. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) Shaving in the mirror.
(c) Entering through the door.
(d) Writing in a notebook.
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(b) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
(c) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(d) Complain about Agnes' timing.
5. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
2. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
3. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
5. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)