|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(b) So she can help him button his shirt.
(c) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(d) So she can smell his breath for herself.
2. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(b) Embroidered country quilts.
(c) Rich paintings.
(d) Pictures of the children.
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She gets angry and storms out.
(b) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(c) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
(d) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
4. Where is Agnes when Act 2, Scene 2 begins?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Brushing her hair in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping in the fourposter.
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A candle.
(b) A miniature groom decoration.
(c) A rose.
(d) A piece of fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
2. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)