|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(b) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(c) Humming the Wedding March.
(d) Adjusting his suit and tie.
2. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
(c) Castor oil.
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(b) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(c) So she can help him button his shirt.
(d) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
4. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(b) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
(c) Concern over their financial issues.
(d) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
5. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(b) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(c) To prove something to Agnes.
(d) To show that he is better than every other writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
2. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
3. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
4. About what time does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
5. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)