|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Ask for favor from her parents.
(b) Not hate his book.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Go on a trip with him.
2. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
3. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A heated water bottle.
(c) The clean laundry.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(c) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(d) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Embraces Michael.
(c) Cries in bed.
(d) Kicks Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
2. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
5. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)