|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(b) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(c) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(d) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
2. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
(a) Selfish anger.
(b) Joy and best wishes.
(c) Uneasiness and lack of control.
(d) Empty Nest Syndrome.
3. What is the setting of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Very early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
4. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) They are arguing over breakfast.
(d) They are holding hands.
5. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
(a) Why did he only say that?
(b) What time is it?
(c) How much does he love her?
(d) What was their son wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
2. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
4. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)