|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(b) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(c) Adjusting his suit and tie.
(d) Humming the Wedding March.
2. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In his pockets.
(d) In the pillowcase.
3. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Her life.
(b) Influence in society.
(c) Good looks.
(d) Success of his book.
4. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A royal king and queen.
(b) The sky and the earth.
(c) A fish and a shark.
(d) A drone and queen bee.
5. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(b) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(c) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(d) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
2. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
4. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
5. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)