|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes sees her husband bewildered at the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does she do?
(a) She relaxes and goes to sleep.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets angry.
2. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She gets angry and storms out.
(b) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(c) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
(d) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
3. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A dog in the doghouse.
(b) A cat in a tree.
(c) A fish is the ocean.
(d) A frog in a pond.
4. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) Her wedding gown.
(d) Her hand mirror.
5. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A week.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is the young poet's work dedicated to?
3. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
4. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
5. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)