|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His daughter is eloping.
(b) His son has not come home from a party.
(c) His novel has gotten bad reviews.
(d) He thinks Agnes is having an affair.
2. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(b) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
(c) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
(d) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
3. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) The sky and the earth.
(b) A fish and a shark.
(c) A drone and queen bee.
(d) A royal king and queen.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Lie in bed and cries.
(d) Laugh hysterically.
5. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He had bad breath.
(b) She no longer sees him as her husband.
(c) She has never loved him.
(d) He is a hack writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
2. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
4. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)