|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Michael's top hat.
(c) Michael's dirty ears.
(d) The bed pillow.
2. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(b) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(c) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
3. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(b) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(c) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(d) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
4. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
(b) To prove something to Agnes.
(c) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(d) To show that he is better than every other writer.
5. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His lips.
(b) His head.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does Agnes describe this day to Michael in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)