|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she is happy too.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
2. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(b) So she can help him button his shirt.
(c) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(d) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
4. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is comforting him.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She is trying to control him.
(d) She is cold.
5. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Embrace in bed.
(b) Fall asleep in bed.
(c) Argue and part ways.
(d) Laugh and kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
3. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
4. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)