|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(c) She has a headache from a busy day.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He throws her onto the bed.
(b) He kisses her hand.
(c) He dances with her.
(d) He twists her arm behind her back.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Kicks Michael.
(b) Cries in bed.
(c) Embraces Michael.
(d) Goes to sleep.
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(b) Spending their savings.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
2. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
3. Where has Michael found the bourbon bottle?
4. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)