|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(b) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Spending their savings.
2. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(b) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(c) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(d) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(b) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(c) So she can help him button his shirt.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Laugh hysterically.
(b) Lie in bed and cries.
(c) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(d) Follow after him out the door.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
(a) If she never sees her parents again.
(b) If the servants hear them fighting or not.
(c) If she ever sees Michael or the children again.
(d) If she never has another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
3. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
4. Who does Agnes and Michael's son seem to be taking after?
5. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)