|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
3. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
(a) He stretches onto the bed.
(b) He kneels on the ground.
(c) He sits down cross legged.
(d) He rests his head in his hands.
4. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A drone and queen bee.
(b) A royal king and queen.
(c) The sky and the earth.
(d) A fish and a shark.
5. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes Michael would love her.
(b) She wishes she would have more children.
(c) She wishes she could get divorced.
(d) She wishes she were dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
2. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
3. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)