|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(b) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(c) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
2. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The bed is neatly made.
(b) There are no linens on the bed.
(c) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(d) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(b) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(c) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(d) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
4. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Embroidered country quilts.
(b) Rich paintings.
(c) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(d) Pictures of the children.
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His book.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) The dinner bell.
(d) Her shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
2. What makes Michael so angry in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
5. Michael comes face to face with what fact about his son?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)