|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes describe Michael's fathering?
(a) Completely ignorant and inexcusable.
(b) Occasianal fits of hysteria.
(c) Good and proper.
(d) Exactly like that of her own father.
2. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she has been married once before.
(b) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she lied to him about her age.
3. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He returns with a platter of food.
(b) He never returns.
(c) He quickly returns and is distracted.
(d) He returns, bringing his son in the room.
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Laugh and kiss.
(b) Embrace in bed.
(c) Fall asleep in bed.
(d) Argue and part ways.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Laugh hysterically.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(d) Lie in bed and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
3. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
5. What is inside of the bourbon bottle?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)