|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Newly Married."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Sweet Dreams."
(d) "God Bless."
2. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(b) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So she can help him button his shirt.
4. Why does Agnes hug Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is trying to control him.
(b) She is comforting him.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She is cold.
5. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His favorite childrens book.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The new book he has started to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
2. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)