|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Gas from the lamps.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She might be pregnant again.
(b) She has spent all their savings.
(c) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
(d) She might have had an affair.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) A week.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten years.
4. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The cradle.
(b) In Agnes' arms.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a new bed.
5. What does Michael say his son was wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A top hat.
(c) A nightshirt.
(d) No shoes or socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
2. What is Michael first seen doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
5. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)