|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In his pockets.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) In the pillowcase.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She might have had an affair.
(b) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She has spent all their savings.
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she has terrific balance.
(b) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(c) That her legs are weak.
(d) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) A mouse.
(b) The bed pillow.
(c) Michael's dirty ears.
(d) Michael's top hat.
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
3. What position does Michael get into after telling Agnes about what their son was wearing?
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)