|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She now walks with crutches.
(b) She is now very pregnant.
(c) She has gained a lot of weight.
(d) She has cut her hair very short.
2. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(b) She is not ready to be a mother.
(c) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(d) There is still laundry drying outside.
3. Where does Agnes kiss Michael in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His head.
(b) His lips.
(c) His hand.
(d) His feet.
4. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) Gas from the lamps.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
5. What is the first thing that Michael and Agnes agree about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Concern over their financial issues.
(b) The description of the taste of the bourbon.
(c) Concern over the fact their son has not come home.
(d) The fact that they are both tired and need rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, about how much time has passed since the last scene?
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes ask Michael after she finds out what he said to their son?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)