|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(b) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(c) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(d) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
2. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Influence in society.
(b) Good looks.
(c) Her life.
(d) Success of his book.
3. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Her wedding gown.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) Her hand mirror.
(d) The "God Is Love" pillow.
4. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A candle.
(b) A piece of fruit.
(c) A rose.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
5. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(c) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(d) Michael and Agnes embrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
2. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
3. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)