|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Wash his right ear.
(b) Comb his hair.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Shave his face.
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(b) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(c) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(d) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
3. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(c) She is very ticklish.
(d) He is making rude comments about her feet.
4. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he is in love with another woman.
(c) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
5. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(c) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
4. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
5. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)