|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Be happy.
(b) Ask for favor from her parents.
(c) Go on a trip with him.
(d) Not hate his book.
2. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A horn.
(c) An oversized dinner bell.
(d) Pots and pans.
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Entering through the door.
(b) Writing in a notebook.
(c) Shaving in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
4. When Agnes first enters the room in Act 2, what does she do?
(a) Spin and twirl in happiness.
(b) Slam the door.
(c) Sneeze repeatedly.
(d) Fall down and cry.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
(b) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
5. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)