|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Cheated on Agnes.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) Found his mate for life.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
3. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) The bed pillow.
(b) A mouse.
(c) Michael's dirty ears.
(d) Michael's top hat.
4. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) The way she folds laundry.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) Her youth is over.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
3. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
4. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
5. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)