|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(b) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(c) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(d) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A stranger that morning.
(b) His teacher.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) His mother.
4. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Smoke from the fireplace.
(b) Gas from the lamps.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Cigarette smoke.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
(a) Weeping in bed.
(c) Combing her hair.
(d) Taking off her evening gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
2. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
3. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
4. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)