|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "God Bless."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Sweet Dreams."
(d) "Newly Married."
2. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A widow.
(b) An even prettier princess.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wife, a friend.
3. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' father.
(b) Michael's sister.
(c) Agnes' mother.
(d) Michael's mother.
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
(d) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
2. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)