|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After fetching the laundry from outside.
(b) After eating dinner.
(c) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(d) After Agnes' mother arrives.
2. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Take the child to a new home.
(d) Keep the child and get divorced.
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(c) Smoke from the fireplace.
(d) Gas from the lamps.
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
(a) Embraces Michael.
(b) Cries in bed.
(c) Kicks Michael.
(d) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
4. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
5. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)