|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will help him write a poem.
(b) That she is happy too.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(b) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
3. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Keep the child and get divorced.
(b) Take the child to a new home.
(c) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(d) Give the child to her parents.
4. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' mother.
(b) Agnes' father.
(c) Michael's sister.
(d) Michael's mother.
5. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(b) Cheated on Agnes.
(c) Found his mate for life.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
3. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
4. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)