|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Good looks.
(b) Influence in society.
(c) Her life.
(d) Success of his book.
2. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(b) Michael and Agnes embrace.
(c) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(d) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
3. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is having an affair.
(c) He won a fortune gambling.
(d) He is bankrupt.
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(b) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
5. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, Agnes proclaims that she does not care about what fact?
3. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
5. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)