|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(b) Spending their savings.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Argue and part ways.
(b) Fall asleep in bed.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Laugh and kiss.
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His favorite childrens book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) The new book he has started to write.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will go on vacation with him.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she is happy too.
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
4. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
5. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)