|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Ten years.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
(a) She might have had an affair.
(b) She has spent all their savings.
(c) She might be pregnant again.
(d) She is heiress to a mass fortune.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) Her youth is over.
(d) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
4. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A pile of clean laundry.
(b) A newborn baby.
(c) Dinner trays.
(d) The family cat.
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) They had met in a former existence.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) He loved her at first sight.
(d) She reminded him of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
3. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
5. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)