|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Smoke from the fireplace.
(d) Gas from the lamps.
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
3. What has changed about the fourposter bed in Act 2 from Act 1?
(a) The fourposter is bare and has no blankets or sheets on it.
(b) The fourposter is no longer in the room.
(c) The fourposter is broken in half.
(d) The fourposter is now draped with rich curtains.
4. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The way she folds laundry.
(b) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
5. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(c) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(d) Michael and Agnes embrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
2. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
5. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)