|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(b) The bed is neatly made.
(c) There are no linens on the bed.
(d) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(c) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(d) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) They still have time before the baby is born.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(b) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(b) More money.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) More children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
3. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
4. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
5. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)