|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can help him button his shirt.
(b) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(c) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(d) So she can smell his breath for herself.
2. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
(b) Michael and Agnes embrace.
(c) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(d) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The way she folds laundry.
(b) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
4. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More children.
(b) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) More money.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Laugh hysterically.
(b) Open the door and tells him to come back.
(c) Lie in bed and cries.
(d) Follow after him out the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
2. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
4. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)