|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes asks Michael to do what for her?
(a) Read his novel to her.
(b) Call a cab.
(c) Help her into bed.
(d) Make dinner.
2. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) A piece of wedding cake.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) Michael's clothes.
(d) Her favorite book.
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(b) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(c) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(d) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
4. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More money.
(b) More children.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
5. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) His smoking habit.
(b) His looks and charm.
(c) The children.
(d) The only person who has always loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)