|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) Smoke from the fireplace.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) The ocean.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will go on vacation with him.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she is happy too.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Wedding cake.
4. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) Just his nightshirt.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
2. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
3. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
5. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)