|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's top hat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The bed pillow.
(d) Michael's dirty ears.
2. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the pillowcase.
(c) In his pockets.
(d) In the trunk.
3. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her suitcase.
(b) A piece of wedding cake.
(c) Michael's clothes.
(d) Her favorite book.
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(b) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
5. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she has terrific balance.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(d) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
4. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
5. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)