|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(a) Wedding cake.
(c) Cigar smoke.
2. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In his pockets.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) In the pillowcase.
(d) Under the bed.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she will go on vacation with him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she is happy too.
4. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her suitcase.
(b) A piece of wedding cake.
(c) Her favorite book.
(d) Michael's clothes.
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Agnes' father.
(b) Michael's sister.
(c) Michael's mother.
(d) Agnes' mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
4. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)