|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(b) She has a headache from a busy day.
(c) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
3. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That her legs are weak.
(b) That she has terrific balance.
(c) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(d) That she is a wonderful dancer.
4. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she lied to him about her age.
(b) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has been married once before.
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) His jeans and a sweater.
(b) Just his nightshirt.
(c) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(d) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
3. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)