|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Sweet Dreams."
(b) "God Bless."
(c) "God is Love."
(d) "Newly Married."
2. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Wash his right ear.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Brush his teeth.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(d) Her youth is over.
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(c) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(d) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
5. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(c) That she has terrific balance.
(d) That her legs are weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
5. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)