|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(b) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(c) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(d) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Sweet Dreams."
(b) "Newly Married."
(c) "God Bless."
(d) "God is Love."
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They are arguing over breakfast.
4. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(b) So she can help him button his shirt.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A candle.
(b) A rose.
(c) A piece of fruit.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
4. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)