|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So he can kiss her on the lips.
(b) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(c) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(d) So she can help him button his shirt.
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(c) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(d) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
3. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her favorite book.
(b) Michael's clothes.
(c) Her suitcase.
(d) A piece of wedding cake.
4. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He tripped and fell.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He is worshipping her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
4. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)