|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) In the pillowcase.
(d) Under the bed.
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(b) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(c) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(d) She is very ticklish.
3. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(b) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(c) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(d) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
4. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) A piece of wedding cake.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) Michael's clothes.
(d) Her favorite book.
5. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She has a headache from a busy day.
(b) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She is too hot and can smell gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
5. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)