|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(b) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(c) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(d) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she will help him write a poem.
(c) That she is happy too.
(d) That she will go on vacation with him.
4. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she has terrific balance.
(d) That she is a wonderful dancer.
5. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(d) He is making rude comments about her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
2. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
3. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)