|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
2. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A piece of fruit.
(b) A candle.
(c) A rose.
(d) A miniature groom decoration.
3. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) Just his nightshirt.
(b) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
4. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) A stranger that morning.
(d) A gypsy.
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Gas from the lamps.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
2. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
4. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
5. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)