|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Fall asleep in bed.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Embrace in bed.
(d) Laugh and kiss.
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
(a) So he can get a closer look at her eyes.
(b) So she can help him button his shirt.
(c) So she can smell his breath for herself.
(d) So he can kiss her on the lips.
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's top hat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) Michael's dirty ears.
(d) The bed pillow.
5. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(b) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
4. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)