|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A song that he wrote.
(b) A list of his favorite things.
(c) A poem that he wrote.
(d) Dinner from a recipe he created.
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(b) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
(c) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(d) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
4. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That her legs are weak.
(b) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(c) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
5. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) She is very ticklish.
(c) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
3. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)