|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a wonderful dancer.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(d) That she has terrific balance.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(d) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
3. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) His leg hurts.
(c) He is worshipping her.
(d) He tripped and fell.
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) Dinner from a recipe he created.
(b) A song that he wrote.
(c) A list of his favorite things.
(d) A poem that he wrote.
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(c) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
2. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
3. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
5. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)