|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A stranger that morning.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
2. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is proposing.
(b) He tripped and fell.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He is worshipping her.
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(b) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(c) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(d) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
4. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
(b) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
5. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(c) His jeans and a sweater.
(d) Just his nightshirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)