|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she is happy too.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
(a) Her father had worn pajamas for years.
(b) She had not given him permission to change clothes.
(c) Michael said he would never wear a nightshirt.
(d) Michael was supposed to get dressed to go to dinner.
3. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
(a) Her favorite book.
(b) A piece of wedding cake.
(c) Her suitcase.
(d) Michael's clothes.
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(c) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
2. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)