|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she will go on vacation with him.
(c) That she will help him write a poem.
(d) That she is happy too.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(c) Wedding cake.
(d) Cigar smoke.
3. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
(a) She is hungry and her stomach hurts.
(b) She is too hot and can smell gas.
(c) She is tipsy from the champagne.
(d) She has a headache from a busy day.
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(b) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
5. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's dirty ears.
(b) Michael's top hat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) The bed pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
3. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
4. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
5. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)