|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) She is very ticklish.
(b) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(c) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(d) He is making rude comments about her feet.
2. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A rose.
(b) A candle.
(c) A miniature groom decoration.
(d) A piece of fruit.
3. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the pillowcase.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) In his pockets.
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Newly Married."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Sweet Dreams."
(d) "God Bless."
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(b) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(c) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(d) Saying their vows at their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
2. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)