|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(c) Her youth is over.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Gas from the lamps.
(b) Smoke from the fireplace.
(c) Cigarette smoke.
(d) The ocean.
4. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A piece of fruit.
(b) A miniature groom decoration.
(c) A rose.
(d) A candle.
5. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) Michael's dirty ears.
(b) Michael's top hat.
(c) The bed pillow.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
5. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)