|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) Her youth is over.
(b) She is extremely happy.
(c) Women are sensitive and always cry.
(d) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(b) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(c) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(d) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
3. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(b) How pretty the bed is.
(c) How wonderful the wedding was.
(d) How handsome Michael is.
4. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) His leg hurts.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) He is worshipping her.
(d) He tripped and fell.
5. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the pillowcase.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) In his pockets.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
3. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
4. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
5. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)