|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) In the pillowcase.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In his pockets.
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(b) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
(c) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(d) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
3. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
(a) That she lied to him about her age.
(b) That she has never seen a man naked before.
(c) That she has been married once before.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(b) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
5. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes locks herself in the bathroom on her wedding night, what does she take with her?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
3. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)