|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Only one side of the bed is made, the other is messy.
(b) There is a hand embroidered quilt on the bed.
(c) The bed is neatly made.
(d) There are no linens on the bed.
2. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Spending their savings.
(b) Firing his favorite servant.
(c) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(d) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
3. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(b) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(c) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(d) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) There is still laundry drying outside.
(b) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
(c) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(d) She is not ready to be a mother.
5. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "Sweet Dreams."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Newly Married."
(d) "God Bless."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What happens after Michael leaves in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1 Agnes taunts Michael with what fact?
4. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)