|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A drone and queen bee.
(b) A fish and a shark.
(c) A royal king and queen.
(d) The sky and the earth.
2. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Wash his right ear.
3. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(d) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
4. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) In the pillowcase.
5. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) His duty and should be dismissed.
(b) Found his mate for life.
(c) Cheated on Agnes.
(d) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
2. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
4. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
5. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)