|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The new book he has started to write.
(c) The daily newspaper.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
2. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
(a) Michael is carrying Agnes.
(b) They are arguing over breakfast.
(c) Agnes is leading Michael into the room.
(d) They are holding hands.
3. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) They still have time before the baby is born.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
4. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) His leg hurts.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) He is worshipping her.
(d) He tripped and fell.
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A fish and a shark.
(b) A drone and queen bee.
(c) A royal king and queen.
(d) The sky and the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. What secret does Agnes tell Michael on her wedding night?
4. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)