|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A piece of fruit.
(b) A miniature groom decoration.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
2. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A fish and a shark.
(b) A royal king and queen.
(c) The sky and the earth.
(d) A drone and queen bee.
3. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She has gained a lot of weight.
(b) She now walks with crutches.
(c) She is now very pregnant.
(d) She has cut her hair very short.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) There is still laundry drying outside.
(b) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
5. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In a new bed.
(b) In Agnes' arms.
(c) The cradle.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
3. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)