|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Wash his right ear.
(b) Shave his face.
(c) Brush his teeth.
(d) Comb his hair.
2. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Kiss Agnes.
(c) Go outside to get the laundry.
(d) Take off the coat again.
3. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She now walks with crutches.
(b) She has gained a lot of weight.
(c) She is now very pregnant.
(d) She has cut her hair very short.
4. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A wife, a friend.
(b) An even prettier princess.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A widow.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(b) Cigar smoke.
(c) Wedding cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
2. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
4. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)