|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A drone and queen bee.
(b) The sky and the earth.
(c) A royal king and queen.
(d) A fish and a shark.
2. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
(c) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(d) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(b) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(c) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(d) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
4. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
(a) A poem that he wrote.
(b) A list of his favorite things.
(c) A song that he wrote.
(d) Dinner from a recipe he created.
5. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Keep the child and get divorced.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Take the child to a new home.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
2. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
3. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
4. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
5. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)