|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Micheal tell Agnes it is befitting of her to be crying?
(a) She is extremely happy.
(b) She is a bad wife and he hates her.
(c) Her youth is over.
(d) Women are sensitive and always cry.
2. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A book.
(b) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(c) A rattle.
(d) Her shoe.
3. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's sister.
(b) Agnes' mother.
(c) Michael's mother.
(d) Agnes' father.
4. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Keep the child and get divorced.
(b) Take the child to a new home.
(c) Give the child to her parents.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
5. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
3. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
4. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)