|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Fall asleep in bed.
(b) Argue and part ways.
(c) Laugh and kiss.
(d) Embrace in bed.
2. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(c) After she has labor pains.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
3. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bassinet.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) Another bed.
(d) A dining set.
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(b) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(c) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
(d) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A drone and queen bee.
(b) A fish and a shark.
(c) A royal king and queen.
(d) The sky and the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
3. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)