|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(a) Wedding cake.
(c) Cigar smoke.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
(b) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
3. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Cigarette smoke.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
(a) After Agnes' mother arrives.
(b) After eating dinner.
(c) After Agnes' labor pains continue for a while.
(d) After fetching the laundry from outside.
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
3. While Agnes and Michael are in bed on their wedding night, why does Michael lean in to Agnes?
4. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
5. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)