|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
(a) Wedding cake.
(b) Cigar smoke.
2. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A miniature groom decoration.
(b) A candle.
(c) A rose.
(d) A piece of fruit.
3. Why does Agnes take the side of the bed away from the door?
(a) She wants Michael to answer the door in case somebody knocks.
(b) She normally sleeps on that side and would feel uncomfortable anywhere else.
(c) She is supersticious about the side of the bed.
(d) Michael had already taken his side and she is following along.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she is happy too.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's sister.
(b) Agnes' mother.
(c) Agnes' father.
(d) Michael's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
3. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
4. What is different about Agnes from the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1 to Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)