|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
(d) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
2. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
(a) A rose.
(b) A miniature groom decoration.
(c) A piece of fruit.
(d) A candle.
3. What does Agnes tuck into bed with Michael when he is not feeling well?
(a) A heated water bottle.
(b) The clean laundry.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A teddy bear.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she will go on vacation with him.
(b) That she is happy too.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
5. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In a new bed.
(b) On the beach.
(c) The cradle.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
4. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)