|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) One year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Five years.
2. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) A stranger that morning.
(d) A gypsy.
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(d) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
4. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A dining set.
(d) Another bed.
5. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
(a) Michael is in a tuxedo, Agnes is in a wedding gown.
(b) Michael is wearing shorts, Agnes is in a polka dot skirt.
(c) Michael is wearing jeans, Agnes is in a black dress.
(d) Michael is dressed casually, Agnes is in a nightgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
4. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
5. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)