|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A rattle.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A book.
2. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Take the child to a new home.
(b) Give the child to her parents.
(c) Keep the child and get divorced.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
3. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's sister.
(b) Agnes' mother.
(c) Michael's mother.
(d) Agnes' father.
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
(a) Kisses Agnes many times.
(b) Fetches his new manuscript to take with him.
(c) Starts arguing with Agnes.
(d) Moves the bassinet close to Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
2. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
3. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
4. When Agnes is in bed she swears she is comfortable, but then immediately changes her mind, saying what?
5. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)