|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) His leg hurts.
(b) He tripped and fell.
(c) He is worshipping her.
(d) He is proposing.
2. Who does Agnes say left the pillow on the bed?
(a) Michael's sister.
(b) Agnes' father.
(c) Agnes' mother.
(d) Michael's mother.
3. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) She reminded him of his mother.
(b) He loved her at first sight.
(c) They had met in a former existence.
(d) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
2. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
3. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
4. What is the time period of the play in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)