|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A rattle.
(c) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(d) A book.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she is happy too.
(c) That she will go on vacation with him.
(d) That she will help him write a poem.
3. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
(a) Seeing her dressed up in her wedding gown, in the lamplight.
(b) Saying their vows at their wedding.
(c) Her sitting there, and him kneeling before her in a rented tuxedo.
(d) Her crying over the state of his top hat.
4. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(b) Found his mate for life.
(c) His duty and should be dismissed.
(d) Cheated on Agnes.
5. What is Agnes trying to prove by standing on one leg?
(a) That she is a bit tipsy from champagne.
(b) That her legs are weak.
(c) That she has terrific balance.
(d) That she is a wonderful dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
2. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
3. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
4. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
5. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)