|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) There is still laundry drying outside.
(b) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
2. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(b) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
(c) She is very ticklish.
(d) He is making rude comments about her feet.
3. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How pretty the bed is.
(b) How wonderful the wedding was.
(c) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(d) How handsome Michael is.
4. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) They had met in a former existence.
(b) She reminded him of his mother.
(c) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(d) He loved her at first sight.
5. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
(d) The sound she makes when she yawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
4. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
5. What does Agnes believe Michael has prepared for their wedding night?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)