|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Give the child to her parents.
(b) Raise the child as her own sibling.
(c) Take the child to a new home.
(d) Keep the child and get divorced.
2. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
(a) They still have time before the baby is born.
(b) The way to sing her favorite lullaby.
(c) He needs to finish writing his book.
(d) She forgot to turn off the oven.
3. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A drone and queen bee.
(b) A fish and a shark.
(c) The sky and the earth.
(d) A royal king and queen.
4. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) The brightness of the sunlight.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Intense pain.
5. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
(a) How wonderful the wedding was.
(b) How pretty the bed is.
(c) How excited she is about their honeymoon.
(d) How handsome Michael is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
2. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
4. Michael says that Agnes has changed from a "princess" to a what?
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)