|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Michael puts on his coat to leave in Act 1, Scene 2, what is the next thing he does?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Go outside to get the laundry.
(c) Take off the coat again.
(d) Kiss Agnes.
2. What does Michael change into after Agnes retreats to the bathroom on their wedding night?
(a) A suit with a top hat and bowtie.
(b) His nightshirt, nightcap, coat and trousers.
(c) Just his nightshirt.
(d) His jeans and a sweater.
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
4. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
5. Why is Agnes upset over Michael taking off her shoes?
(a) He is making rude comments about her feet.
(b) He keeps kissing her feet and it makes her uncomfortable.
(c) She is very ticklish.
(d) Her feet hurt from dancing at their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
2. As Agnes undresses on her wedding night, she gets distracted and comments about what?
3. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
4. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)