|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(b) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(c) Complain about Agnes' timing.
(d) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
2. When Michael goes to the washstand on his wedding night, what does he do?
(a) Wash his right ear.
(b) Brush his teeth.
(c) Comb his hair.
(d) Shave his face.
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The new book he has started to write.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) His favorite childrens book.
(d) The Bible.
4. When Agnes is whispering to Michael, what does she see that disgusts her?
(a) The bed pillow.
(b) Michael's top hat.
(c) Michael's dirty ears.
(d) A mouse.
5. Why does Michael claim he is kneeling before Agnes?
(a) He is worshipping her.
(b) He is proposing.
(c) His leg hurts.
(d) He tripped and fell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, Michael is deliriously happy and begs Agnes to tell him what?
2. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what scent does Michael tell Agnes is on his breath?
4. What does Agnes hold in her hand that she has taken from her wedding cake?
5. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)