|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell keeps worrying Agnes in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Gas from the lamps.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) His duty and should be dismissed.
(b) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(c) Cheated on Agnes.
(d) Found his mate for life.
3. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
(a) His shirt has stains on it and he hadn't realized it until that moment.
(b) He told Agnes a story about his fortune as fortold by a gypsy woman.
(c) His clothing doesn't fit right and he wants to make a good impression.
(d) He is nervous about the night and does not want to revolt Agnes.
4. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bassinet.
(b) Another bed.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A dining set.
5. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) An even prettier princess.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A wife, a friend.
(d) A widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
2. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. When Michael and Agnes are first seen, what are they doing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)