|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
2. Michael wishes he was lying where in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a new bed.
(c) The cradle.
(d) In Agnes' arms.
3. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
(a) In his pockets.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) In the pillowcase.
(d) Under the bed.
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After she has labor pains.
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) They had met in a former existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agnes mad that Michael is wearing a nightshirt?
2. At the beginning of the play, why does Michael claim that he is embarrassed?
3. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
5. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)