|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A rocking chair.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) Another bed.
(d) A dining set.
2. What attribute(s) of Agnes does Michael proclaim to love?
(a) The sound she makes when she yawns.
(b) The way she folds laundry.
(c) How she sneezes when she brushes her hair.
(d) How she gets cold feet and scratches her stomach in her sleep.
3. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
(a) Embrace in bed.
(b) Fall asleep in bed.
(c) Laugh and kiss.
(d) Argue and part ways.
4. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After the baby is born.
(b) After she has labor pains.
(c) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(d) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
5. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His favorite childrens book.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The new book he has started to write.
(d) The daily newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does Michael use to call for Agnes?
2. What clothing are Michael and Agnes wearing in the very beginning of the play?
3. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
4. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
5. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)