|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Michael say told him that everything in his life would turn out right and that he would have a happy married life?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A stranger that morning.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teacher.
2. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) Five years.
(b) A month.
(c) One year.
(d) A week.
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His favorite childrens book.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The new book he has started to write.
4. What does the pillow in the bed have embroidered on it?
(a) "God Bless."
(b) "God is Love."
(c) "Newly Married."
(d) "Sweet Dreams."
5. What does Michael reveal that he said to Agnes when they first met?
(a) He loved her at first sight.
(b) They had met in a former existence.
(c) She reminded him of his mother.
(d) She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of Act 1, Scene 1, what do Michael and Agnes do?
2. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
3. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
4. Where does Agnes try to find Michael's poem on their wedding night?
5. What moment does Michael claim to have shared with Agnes before?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)