|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is really messy.
(b) The room is richly decorated
(c) The room has not changed at all.
(d) The room has sparse decoration.
2. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is in love with his work.
(b) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(c) Because he is in love with another woman.
(d) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She gets angry and storms out.
(b) She laughs and cries at the same time.
(c) She is annoyed and does not believe him.
(d) She is afraid that he is having an affair.
4. When Agnes sits on the bed in Act 2, Scene 1, she repeatedly says what?
(a) She wishes she were dead.
(b) She wishes she could get divorced.
(c) She wishes she would have more children.
(d) She wishes Michael would love her.
5. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More children.
(b) Understanding and warmth.
(c) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(d) More money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
2. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
4. Michael asks Agnes for what before she dies?
5. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)