|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) To become a published author.
(b) A chance to live her life.
(c) Another child.
(d) More money.
2. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he is in love with his work.
(c) Because he is in love with another woman.
(d) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
3. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(d) After she has labor pains.
4. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
(b) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(c) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(d) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
5. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) His looks and charm.
(b) The children.
(c) The only person who has always loved him.
(d) His smoking habit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is happening that day in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What has been added to the scenery in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
4. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
5. Agnes tells Michael in Act 1, Scene 2 that he has changed into a what?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)