|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
(a) He dances with her.
(b) He twists her arm behind her back.
(c) He throws her onto the bed.
(d) He kisses her hand.
2. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(b) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(c) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
(d) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
3. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Carrying a bouquet of flowers.
(b) Drinking from a bottle of bourbon.
(c) Adjusting his suit and tie.
(d) Humming the Wedding March.
4. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The young poet.
(b) Her father.
5. What does Agnes determine is wrong with Michael at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has not eaten, and needs to eat.
(b) He is having sympathy labor pains.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He is suffering from migraines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
2. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
3. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
4. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
5. Where is Agnes in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)