|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Michael's book.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) Her folded wedding dress.
(d) A bouquet that matches her gown.
2. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
(a) Framed manuscripts of Michael's work.
(b) Rich paintings.
(c) Embroidered country quilts.
(d) Pictures of the children.
3. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
(a) To show that he is better than every other writer.
(b) Because he is trying to steal the poet's work.
(c) To prove something to Agnes.
(d) Because Michael sincerely likes the poet's work.
4. What does Agnes throw at Michael when they have a fight in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) The dinner bell.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) His book.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Agnes describes Michael in what way when she is mad at him?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)