|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he is in love with another woman.
(b) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(c) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
(d) Because he is in love with his work.
2. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
(a) She will throw it away.
(b) She will read it tomorrow.
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She is jealous and angry.
3. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
(a) The poet is her son-in-law.
(b) She is excited about upcoming authors.
(c) The poet is her best friend.
(d) She is happy that he takes interest in her.
4. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A dog in the doghouse.
(b) A cat in a tree.
(c) A frog in a pond.
(d) A fish is the ocean.
5. What reason does Agnes give that Michael was the life of the party?
(a) His clothing was fabulous.
(b) He could not stop giggling.
(c) His cologne was special.
(d) He had cute little stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
2. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When Michael grabs Agnes' arm in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens immediately?
4. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)