|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Michael so upset?
(a) He still wants but cannot have acceptance from Agnes' parents.
(b) He heard that Agnes had a miscarriage.
(c) He is thinking that Agnes might have had an affair.
(d) He knows that he has spent all his savings.
2. What does Agnes want before becoming a grandmother?
(a) To become a published author.
(b) More money.
(c) A chance to live her life.
(d) Another child.
3. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
(b) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(c) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(d) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
(a) Go into the bathroom to shave.
(b) Complain about Agnes' timing.
(c) Frantically rush to get dressed for the doctor.
(d) Faint onto the fourposter bed.
5. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The daily newspaper.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The new book he has started to write.
(d) His favorite childrens book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes is having labor pains, what does she remind Michael about?
2. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
3. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
4. Why does Agnes care about what the young poet does?
5. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)