|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mood is Agnes in when Michael enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. In the closing moments of Act 1, Scene 2, what is the status of Agnes and Michael?
(a) They have mixed feelings towards each other with the addition of the new baby.
(b) They are in an argument and are heading for separation.
(c) They have plans to go on a vacation together and give the new baby up for adoption.
(d) They have embraced their roles as husband and wife, devoted to each other and the baby.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
(a) He feels insignificant compared to the coming baby.
(b) He needs to finish writing his book.
(c) He is hungry and wants to eat right away.
(d) He thinks the doctor will not tend to him.
4. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Influence in society.
(b) Good looks.
(c) Her life.
(d) Success of his book.
5. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Writing in a notebook.
(b) Entering through the door.
(c) Sleeping in bed.
(d) Shaving in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
2. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
3. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is special about the condition of the linens on the fourposter bed in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)