|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael read to Agnes at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His favorite childrens book.
(b) The daily newspaper.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The new book he has started to write.
2. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(b) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
(c) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
(d) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
3. Michael describes himself as a "male animal" that has done what?
(a) Fallen ill and must be taken to the hospital.
(b) Found his mate for life.
(c) Cheated on Agnes.
(d) His duty and should be dismissed.
4. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) The sky and the earth.
(b) A royal king and queen.
(c) A fish and a shark.
(d) A drone and queen bee.
5. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) To be happy.
(c) Her daughter to be happy.
(d) A trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is hanging on the walls in Act 2?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what is Michael's selfish concern?
4. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, when Michael knocks on the door, what is Agnes doing?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)