|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) There are no bed linens.
(b) It has been dismantled.
(c) The curtains are more elaborate.
(d) The curtains are more conservative.
2. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
(a) A widow.
(b) A wife, a friend.
(c) A daughter.
(d) An even prettier princess.
3. Agnes tells Michael that he has sold his soul for what?
(a) Influence in society.
(b) Success of his book.
(c) Good looks.
(d) Her life.
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, Agnes is saddened when she thinks about what?
(a) The idea of divorce for her and Michael.
(b) The fact that Michael does not need her anymore.
(c) That she looks horrible in her dress.
(d) How much she misses her parents.
5. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) The sky and the earth.
(b) A drone and queen bee.
(c) A royal king and queen.
(d) A fish and a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
2. What is Agnes' reply when Michael says that he has started writing a new book?
3. What insult does Agnes tell Michael in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
5. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)