|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
(a) The children.
(b) His smoking habit.
(c) His looks and charm.
(d) The only person who has always loved him.
2. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner trays.
(b) A newborn baby.
(c) A pile of clean laundry.
(d) The family cat.
3. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More children.
(b) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(c) Understanding and warmth.
(d) More money.
4. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(b) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Spending their savings.
5. Why does Agnes say she would give away all twenty of her children?
(a) To give the children a better opportunity at life.
(b) To ease the couple's financial burden of raising so many children.
(c) To make sure that the children receive better parental care than she can provide.
(d) To ease Michael's mind, reminding him that he is most important as her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the fourposter bed in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Agnes clearly express that she does not want in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
4. When Agnes goes to the dressing room and returns, what item does she bring with her in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who does Agnes really love, proven in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)