|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Agnes holding in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Her folded wedding dress.
(b) A comb and hand mirror.
(c) Michael's book.
(d) A bouquet that matches her gown.
2. In his sullen mood in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Michael compare his relationship to Agnes to?
(a) A royal king and queen.
(b) A drone and queen bee.
(c) A fish and a shark.
(d) The sky and the earth.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, about how much time has passed since the previous scene?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
4. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(d) Children's rhymes.
5. What is Michael's reaction after reading the young poet's work?
(c) Brought to tears of sadness.
(d) Jealous of how good it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
2. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
3. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
4. At first, what are Agnes' feelings toward the young poet?
5. What description does Michael compare himself to at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)