|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael first comfort Agnes in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) After Agnes confesses how much she loves Michael.
(b) After the baby is born.
(c) After Agnes brings in the folded laundry.
(d) After she has labor pains.
2. How do Agnes and Michael know of the young poet?
(a) The poet is the fiance of Agnes and Michael's daughter.
(b) The poet is an old friend from Michael's party days.
(c) The poet asked for criticism of his work from Michael.
(d) The poet is a neighbor.
3. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she has become ugly and he can no longer look at her.
(b) Because he is in love with another woman.
(c) Because he is in love with his work.
(d) Because he no longer cares for anyone anymore.
4. What does Agnes say she will do with the new baby if Michael is unhappy?
(a) Give the child to her parents.
(b) Keep the child and get divorced.
(c) Take the child to a new home.
(d) Raise the child as her own sibling.
5. Michael blames Agnes for what transgression of his?
(a) Causing him to find comfort in another woman.
(b) Causing him to spill a drink on his favorite shirt.
(c) Firing his favorite servant.
(d) Spending their savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agnes carrying into the room when she is first seen in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How many children do Michael and Agnes have?
3. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
4. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
5. Why does Michael ask to reread the young poet's works a second time?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)