|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 2, Scene 1 conclude?
(a) Agnes has left Michael for another man.
(b) Michael has left Agnes crying on the bed.
(c) Michael and Agnes embrace.
(d) Agnes reveals that she is pregnant.
2. Michael tells Agnes what shocking confession?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is bankrupt.
(c) He won a fortune gambling.
(d) He is having an affair.
3. What type of poetry is the young poet's work?
(d) Children's rhymes.
4. About how much time has passed in the setting of Act 1, Scene 2 since the previous scene?
(a) A month.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) A week.
5. Why does Michael tell Agnes she should cheer up in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) She looks beautiful to him and that he loves her.
(b) Their daughter is marrying a wonderful man and they should be happy.
(c) He has had to pretend to be happy, so she should too.
(d) He has just sold his manuscript and they will have more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Agnes do when she is on the bed?
2. What does Agnes think Michael has given up?
3. What is Michael doing at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the status of the relationship of Agnes and Michael at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. As Michael goes to leave for the doctor, he turns around and does what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)