|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael complaining of at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) The brightness of the sunlight.
(c) Too much noise.
(d) Intense pain.
2. Why does Agnes stop Michael from calling the doctor?
(a) Michael wants to call the doctor to help with his headaches.
(b) Michael wants to call the doctor for himself, but should only call when Agnes needs care.
(c) Agnes does not trust the doctor and wants to find a new one.
(d) Agnes thinks the doctor's bill will be too expensive.
3. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More money.
(b) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(c) More children.
(d) Understanding and warmth.
4. Why does Agnes say she is not yet ready to have the baby?
(a) There is still laundry drying outside.
(b) Michael has not received his paycheck yet.
(c) She is not ready to be a mother.
(d) She wants her mother to be present for the birth.
5. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Not hate his book.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Go on a trip with him.
(d) Ask for favor from her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
2. What is Agnes' reaction after Michael finishes reading the young poet's work?
3. What does Agnes seem to be feeling in relationship to her daughter?
4. When does Michael finally go for the doctor?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)