Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is meant in "Burnt Norton"'s first part by "What might have been... a world of speculation," lines 6-8?
2. What is meant in the lines, "But to what purpose... I do not know," in the first part of "Burnt Norton"?
3. What are the other echoes which inhabit the rose-garden in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
4. What might be meant by the statement of the bird at the end of "Burnt Norton"'s first part, that "human kind / Cannot bear very much reality"?
5. What does the speaker mean in Part II of "Burnt Norton" when he states at the still point of the turning world, "there the dance is, / But neither arrest nor movement"?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)