|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dry Salvages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the "wailing warning " of Part I of "The Dry Salvages" come?
(a) The receding shoreline.
(b) The dwindling sunlight.
(c) The approaching headland.
(d) The waxing storm.
2. Which of the following is not cataloged by the speaker as something "long looked forward to" in the second part of "East Coker"?
(a) Autumnal serenity.
(b) Eternal respite.
(d) Wisdom of age.
3. What does the speaker of East Coker parallel with "death" in the final lines of Part I of "East Coker"?
4. By whom does the speaker say that the "brown god is almost forgotten" in the first part of "The Dry Salvages"?
(b) City dwellers.
(c) All mankind.
5. The speaker states in Part V of "Burnt Norton" that "Desire itself is movement," that is what?
(a) Not in itself desirable.
(b) The cause and end of movement.
(c) Itself unmoving.
(d) The quick of movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the derived knowledge, spoken of in Part II of "East Coker" impose and falsify?
2. Of what instrument's stillness, "while the note lasts," does the speaker explicitly speak in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
3. Where was the "unheard music" hidden in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
4. Of what world's inoperancy does the poem's narrator speak of in "Burnt Norton," Part III?
5. "But to apprehend / The point of intersection of the timeless / With time, is an occupation for" whom according to Part V of "The Dry Salvages"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)