|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dry Salvages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the life of the present individual and his peers, the speaker says in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" that "the past experience revived in the meaning / Is not the experience of one life only," but of whom?
(a) Many generations.
(c) The eternal.
2. The first line of Part III of "Burnt Norton" states that "here is a place of" what?
(c) Time future.
3. What in Part V of "The Dry Salvages" "searches past and future / And clings to that dimension"?
(a) Men's curiosity.
(b) The man of angst.
(c) The remembrance of the old.
(d) The gaze of the young.
4. The speaker asks in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" when there will be an end to "the unprayable / Prayer at the calamitous" what?
5. The speaker claims in Part V of "East Coker" that what "is most nearly itself / When here and now cease to matter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "unheard music" hidden in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
2. By what is the "sultry light" absorbed in Part I of "East Coker"?
3. The pattern of what, according to the speaker's meditation in Part V of "East Coker," becomes more complicated?
4. What does the speaker say "Crack and sometimes break, under the burden," in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
5. Of what does the speaker claim in "Burnt Norton," Part V the detail is movement?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)