|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dry Salvages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the life of the present individual and his peers, the speaker says in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" that "the past experience revived in the meaning / Is not the experience of one life only," but of whom?
(b) Many generations.
(c) The eternal.
2. What inhabits the garden of "Burnt Norton"'s first part?
(a) Other footfalls.
(b) Other echoes.
(c) Other times.
(d) Other birds.
3. The speaker asserts in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" that there "is no end, but" what?
(a) A cycle.
(b) A renewal.
4. The speaker says that "each venture / Is a new" what in Part V of "East Coker"?
5. What in Part V of "The Dry Salvages" "searches past and future / And clings to that dimension"?
(a) The remembrance of the old.
(b) The gaze of the young.
(c) Men's curiosity.
(d) The man of angst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker claim in Part IV of "East Coker" is "Our only health"?
2. What, described in Part I of "Burnt Norton," lays on the other side of the door that the speaker and his auditor never opened?
3. The "time" which the speaker mentions in Part I of "The Dry Salvages" is older than "time counted by" what?
4. Above what do the speaker and his companions move in Part II of "Burnt Norton"?
5. What does the speaker say that he believes to be a "strong brown god" in Part I of "The Dry Salvages"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)