|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dry Salvages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom does the speaker say that the "brown god is almost forgotten" in the first part of "The Dry Salvages"?
(a) All mankind.
(d) City dwellers.
2. By what are "Men and bits of paper" whirled about in "Burnt Norton," Part III?
(a) The cold wind.
(b) The eddies of time.
(c) The gyre of history.
(d) The vacillation of spirit.
3. The speaker claims in Part V of "East Coker" that what "is most nearly itself / When here and now cease to matter"?
4. From what is man said in Part II of "Burnt Norton" to be protected by the "enchainment of past and future" in the body?
(a) Reality and truth.
(b) Heaven and damnation.
(c) Sin and sight.
(d) Freedom and expression.
5. The speaker says in Part III of "The Dry Salvages" that the mind of a man may be intent, at the time of death, on whatever sphere of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is desiccated when the speaker descends into a different world in the latter lines of "Burnt Norton," Part III?
2. The speaker implores that a prayer be repeated on behalf of whom, in Part IV of "The Dry Salvages"?
3. What does the speaker claim in Part IV of "East Coker" is "Our only health"?
4. The speaker states in "The Dry Salvages"'s last part that the "hint half guessed, the gift half understood, is" what?
5. To whose funeral(s) do they all, in "East Coker," Part III, go?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)