|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East Coker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When darkness is present, as stated in the third part of "Burnt Norton," from what does it cleanse affection?
(a) The sensual.
(b) The shadow.
(c) The temporal.
(d) The soul.
2. In conjunction with the assertion that the stillness shall be the dancing, the speaker postulates in "East Coker"'s third part that the darkness shall be what?
3. Under what are all of the dancers gone, according to the last line of Part II of "East Coker"?
(a) The sky.
(b) The hill.
(c) The earth.
(d) The sea.
4. Words and music are said to move, in the fifth part of "Burnt Norton," only in what?
(a) Men's minds.
(b) Truth and falsity.
(d) The wind.
5. The speaker claims in Part V of "East Coker" that what "is most nearly itself / When here and now cease to matter"?
Short Answer Questions
1. If "we" in Part IV of "East Coker" do well in the whole earth, as "our hospital," of what shall we die?
2. What is disturbed on the bowl of rose-leaves, as mentioned in the first part of "Burnt Norton"?
3. In what must the speaker "freeze / And quake" in order to be warmed, as described in "East Coker"'s fourth part?
4. What does the speaker, in Part I of "East Coker" state that his auditor can hear in the open field on a summer midnight?
5. What does the speaker say is all he can utter concerning where "we have been" in Part II?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)