|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East Coker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in the first line of "Burnt Norton," Part IV, are "time and the bell" said to have buried?
(a) The truth.
(b) The sun.
(c) The day.
(d) The night.
2. Where was the "unheard music" hidden in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) Under the earth.
(b) Outside the garden.
(c) The forest.
(d) The shrubbery.
3. In what way did the speaker, his auditor, and the flowers move in the garden of Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) A haphazard line.
(b) A formal pattern.
(c) A lazy stroll.
(d) A vertical mien.
4. The speaker states in Part V of "Burnt Norton" that "Desire itself is movement," that is what?
(a) Itself unmoving.
(b) The cause and end of movement.
(c) The quick of movement.
(d) Not in itself desirable.
5. Across what does the light fall, mentioned by the speaker in Part I of "East Coker" after the second time he utters the phrase "In my beginning is my end"?
(a) The village street.
(b) The open field.
(c) The gray stones.
(d) The deep lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker states that a new world and the old are made what in Part II of "Burnt Norton"?
2. What is disturbed on the bowl of rose-leaves, as mentioned in the first part of "Burnt Norton"?
3. The speaker asks, in "Burnt Norton," Part IV, if chill fingers of what "be curled / Down on us"?
4. In "Burnt Norton," what is daylight said to invest form with in Part III, when it is present?
5. Where, according to the speaker in the third part of "East Coker," do they "all go into"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)