|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Norton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to be "not here" in this "twittering world" in the "Burnt Norton"'s third part?
(a) The light.
(d) The darkness.
2. Only by what does the speaker postulate in Part V of "Burnt Norton," that words or music can reach the stillness?
(a) The passion.
(b) The form.
(c) The sound.
(d) The emotion.
3. What sort of bird is in the first part of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A thrush.
(d) A falcon.
4. What, described in Part I of "Burnt Norton," lays on the other side of the door that the speaker and his auditor never opened?
(b) Time future.
(c) The bird.
(d) The rose-garden.
5. Words and music are said to move, in the fifth part of "Burnt Norton," only in what?
(a) Truth and falsity.
(b) Men's minds.
(c) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which flowers had "the look of flowers that are looked at" in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
2. By a grace of what was the speaker surrounded in "Burnt Norton," Part II?
3. Of what world's inoperancy does the poem's narrator speak of in "Burnt Norton," Part III?
4. The speaker asks, in "Burnt Norton," Part IV, if chill fingers of what "be curled / Down on us"?
5. The speaker states, in the first part of "Burnt Norton," that what "might have been" is a(n) what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)