|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Norton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the world move, according to the final three lines of Part II of "Burnt Norton"?
2. What does the speaker say is all he can utter concerning where "we have been" in Part II?
3. Of what instrument's stillness, "while the note lasts," does the speaker explicitly speak in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) The piano.
(b) The violin.
(c) The organ.
(d) The cello.
4. Into what world does the speaker mention descending in the third part of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) The world of ineffable sound.
(b) The world of perpetual solitude.
(c) The world of lachrymose souls.
(d) The world without man.
5. Words and music are said to move, in the fifth part of "Burnt Norton," only in what?
(a) The wind.
(b) Truth and falsity.
(c) Men's minds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form is love caught, between un-being and being, according to Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
2. If not, as stated in Part II, for what, there would be no dance?
3. For the appeasement of what does the "trilling wire in the blood" of Part II in "Burnt Norton" sing?
4. Which of the following is found at the still point of the world, as described in Part II?
5. From what are the "strained time-ridden faces" of Part III of "Burnt Norton" distracted?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)