|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Norton.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burnt Norton," what is daylight said to invest form with in Part III, when it is present?
(a) Lucid stillness.
(b) Affective aesthesis.
(c) Transient beauty.
(d) Suggestive permanence.
2. Of what world's inoperancy does the poem's narrator speak of in "Burnt Norton," Part III?
(a) The world of solitude.
(b) The world of spirit.
(c) The world of fancy.
(d) The world of sense.
3. The first line of Part III of "Burnt Norton" states that "here is a place of" what?
(a) Time future.
4. Above what do the speaker and his companions move in Part II of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) The turning world.
(b) The stars.
(c) The summer leaf.
(d) The moving tree.
5. What is a synonym for the word "eructation," used in the third part of "Burnt Norton"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hidden laughter in the foliage does the speaker mention in the final lines of "Burnt Norton"?
2. Into what world does the speaker mention descending in the third part of "Burnt Norton"?
3. By what are "Men and bits of paper" whirled about in "Burnt Norton," Part III?
4. What does the speaker say "Crack and sometimes break, under the burden," in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
5. Which flowers had "the look of flowers that are looked at" in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)