|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East Coker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what instrument's stillness, "while the note lasts," does the speaker explicitly speak in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) The cello.
(b) The piano.
(c) The violin.
(d) The organ.
2. What is said to be "not here" in this "twittering world" in the "Burnt Norton"'s third part?
(a) The darkness.
(d) The light.
3. What does the speaker of East Coker parallel with "death" in the final lines of Part I of "East Coker"?
4. What is the "dignified and commodious sacrament" mentioned in Part I of "East Coker"?
5. Words and music are said to move, in the fifth part of "Burnt Norton," only in what?
(a) Truth and falsity.
(b) Men's minds.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is desiccated when the speaker descends into a different world in the latter lines of "Burnt Norton," Part III?
2. Which of the following does the speaker wish to hear of concerning old men, in "East Coker," Part II?
3. Where, according to the speaker in the third part of "East Coker," do they "all go into"?
4. In what must the speaker "freeze / And quake" in order to be warmed, as described in "East Coker"'s fourth part?
5. The speaker says that "each venture / Is a new" what in Part V of "East Coker"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)