|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East Coker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pattern of what, according to the speaker's meditation in Part V of "East Coker," becomes more complicated?
(a) Speaking and hearing.
(b) Dead and living.
(c) Truth and falsity.
(d) Reality and appearance.
2. In the opening eight lines of the third part of "East Coker", the speaker mentions the "Directory of" what?
3. Which of the following does the speaker wish to hear of concerning old men, in "East Coker," Part II?
(a) Their lives.
(b) Their folly.
(c) Their loves.
(d) Their wisdom.
4. The first line of Part III of "Burnt Norton" states that "here is a place of" what?
(a) Time future.
5. Under what are all of the dancers gone, according to the last line of Part II of "East Coker"?
(a) The sea.
(b) The earth.
(c) The sky.
(d) The hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what instrument's stillness, "while the note lasts," does the speaker explicitly speak in Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
2. What inhabits the garden of "Burnt Norton"'s first part?
3. Where was the "unheard music" hidden in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
4. In conjunction with the assertion that the stillness shall be the dancing, the speaker postulates in "East Coker"'s third part that the darkness shall be what?
5. What sort of bird is in the first part of "Burnt Norton"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)