|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through East Coker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what are the "tattered arras" woven in Part I of "East Coker"?
(a) Disconsolate eyes.
(b) A silent motto.
(c) A field-mouse.
(d) Luminescent thread.
2. Where, according to the speaker in the third part of "East Coker," do they "all go into"?
(b) The dark.
(c) The civil service.
(d) The light.
3. Which flowers had "the look of flowers that are looked at" in Part I of "Burnt Norton"?
(a) The daffodils.
(b) The roses.
(c) The daisies.
(d) The tulips.
4. What does the speaker, in Part I of "East Coker" state that his auditor can hear in the open field on a summer midnight?
5. Into what did the characters of "Burnt Norton"'s first part look towards the end?
(a) A pool.
(b) A mirror.
(c) Their souls.
(d) The sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker questions whether or not who had "deceived us / Or deceived themselves" in Part II of "East Coker"?
2. In the opening eight lines of the third part of "East Coker", the speaker mentions the "Directory of" what?
3. Under what are all of the dancers gone, according to the last line of Part II of "East Coker"?
4. "Garlic and sapphires in the mud," described at the outset of Part II, clot what?
5. What month is mentioned in the first line of the second part of "East Coker"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)