|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dry Salvages.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker say is "in the fir trees" in the first part of "The Dry Salvages"?
(a) The fog.
(b) The briar rose.
(c) The moonlight.
(d) The salt.
2. Which of the following does the speaker NOT say man must think of as forever doing in Part II of "The Dry Salvages"?
3. What does the speaker of East Coker parallel with "death" in the final lines of Part I of "East Coker"?
4. In what way does the world move, according to the final three lines of Part II of "Burnt Norton"?
5. The speaker says in Part III of "The Dry Salvages" that the mind of a man may be intent, at the time of death, on whatever sphere of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years "largely wasted, the years of l'entre deux guerres," does the speaker mention having passed in Part V of "East Coker"?
2. The speaker asks, in "Burnt Norton," Part IV, if chill fingers of what "be curled / Down on us"?
3. From what is man said in Part II of "Burnt Norton" to be protected by the "enchainment of past and future" in the body?
4. What is said to be "not here" in this "twittering world" in the "Burnt Norton"'s third part?
5. Whose shine, discussed in Part IV of "The Dry Salvages" "stands on the promontory"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)