|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seldon's Plan assures that _______ will succeed the Empire.
2. What does Barr hit Riose with?
3. How long has Cleon II reigned without internal uprisings?
4. Barr offers Riose a historical account of what?
5. Riose says that the technological gadget that killed his soldier was a "nuclear puncher, __________."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barr say that he cannot help Riose regarding the military capabilities of the Foundation?
2. How do Barr and Devers escape from arrest on Trantor?
3. What does Riose say when he interrupts Barr's recitation of history?
4. How does Riose describe himself?
5. Describe the planet of Trantor.
6. What is noteworthy about the actions of the men from the Foundation regarding Riose's ship?
7. What does Riose tell Barr about the world he visited that was occupied by devils?
8. How does Bodrig characterize the message from Riose?
9. Describe Indbur the Third.
10. What did Devers earn by giving Luk a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Mule hide himself in plain sight? What actions does the Mule take in order to keep people from knowing he is the Mule. How does his disguise fall apart? What does this mean for the Mule's future in Seldon's Plan? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How did Bayta and Toran defeat the Mule? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do the people of the Empire, and the Mule, view the Foundation and the Second Foundation? Is there a difference between the way the two Foundations are viewed? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)