|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of jewelry does Devers have that works as a field distorter?
2. What does Riose have to show that his ship was captured by enemies?
3. When Barr and Devers attempt to land on Trantor they are subjected to probes, _________, and questionnaires.
4. What does Bodrig call Riose's message?
5. When Barr and Devers escape from Trantor, what fate do they discover has befallen Riose and Bodrig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Indbur the Third.
2. What does Devers' bracelet do?
3. What does Riose say when he interrupts Barr's recitation of history?
4. What does Barr say is the effect of a weak Emperor fighting a war?
5. What happens when Barr and Devers attempt to land at Trantor?
6. What happened to one of the ships in Riose's group?
7. Why does Barr say that he cannot help Riose regarding the military capabilities of the Foundation?
8. How do Barr and Devers escape from arrest on Trantor?
9. What has prompted Bodrig to be concerned about Riose?
10. What does Devers tell Bodrig regarding why he believes Riose is holding him captive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Seldon's Plan? What does Seldon's Plan mean for individual decisions? Use examples from the book to explain why Seldon's Plan allows, or doesn't allow, the actions of individuals to change the outcome of Seldon's Plan.
Essay Topic 2
How do the people of the Empire, and the Mule, view the Foundation and the Second Foundation? Is there a difference between the way the two Foundations are viewed? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Mule hide himself in plain sight? What actions does the Mule take in order to keep people from knowing he is the Mule. How does his disguise fall apart? What does this mean for the Mule's future in Seldon's Plan? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)