|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many inhabitants are on Trantor?
2. What does Bodrig call Riose's message?
3. Where does Cleon II want Riose's attention focused?
4. Riose seems full of what?
5. Who is Sennett Forell's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bayta worried about meeting Toran's family?
2. What does Barr show Devers as proof of his relationship to Onum Barr?
3. How does Barr's belief in Seldon's Plan relate to his belief about individual actions?
4. How do Barr and Devers escape from arrest on Trantor?
5. What does Devers tell Bodrig regarding why he believes Riose is holding him captive?
6. Why does Barr say that he cannot help Riose regarding the military capabilities of the Foundation?
7. What does Devers' bracelet do?
8. Why did Seldon create the two Foundations?
9. What happens to Seldon's Plan over time?
10. What does Randu say that a battle between the Mule and the Foundation would do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the Mule's goals and how do his actions help him achieve, or not achieve, those goals? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What do the Traders represent for the people of the Empire, the Foundation, and the Mule? What role do the Traders play? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How has the evolution of Trantor/Neotrantor matched the evolution of the various characters in the book? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)