Prologue, Chapters 1 and 2
• Hari Seldon foresaw the current conditions of the Galaxy, including the fall of the Empire.
• Seldon, in order to lessen the barbarism that would occur with the fall of the Empire, created two Foundations at each end of the Galaxy.
• Bel Riose arrives at the home of Ducem Barr, and asks him about magicians.
• Riose says that the only fact he knows about magicians is that his father met one.
• Barr offers Riose a historical account of the establishment of the Foundations.
• Riose interrupts Barr to say that he is wrong, and the Empire won't fall because it is strong.
• Barr continues to say that one Foundation was populated with scientists and the other was inhabited with psychologists.
• Riose says he will visit them both and return.
• Forell is the illegitimate son of a former Foundation ruler.
• One of Forell's ships captures one of Riose's...
This section contains 3,331 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)