|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Forrest vow never to do again in Chapter 20?
(c) Play ping-pong.
(d) Play chess.
2. Where does Forrest travel to by bus in Chapter 17, looking for a certain person?
3. Who does Forrest point out a tactical mistake to at the bus station during his change-over in Nashville?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Lt. Dan.
(c) Mr. Kranz.
(d) Mr. Tribble.
4. Why does Forrest feel bad for Sue in Chapter 13?
(a) She's been strapped in her seat for two days.
(b) She hasn't been given anything to eat.
(c) She has been beaten.
(d) She has been crying.
5. Where did Forrest pick up moves that are "not in the book"?
(a) Little Sam.
(b) Big Sam.
(c) Big John.
(d) Little John.
6. Jenny urges Forrest to stop competing. What does she want him to start with their savings?
(a) A shrimp business in Bayou La Batre.
(b) A crab business in Bayou La Batre.
(c) A clam business in Bayou La Batre.
(d) A lobster business in Bayou La Batre.
7. Why is Forrest's mama fired from her job?
(a) She forgets to clean the toliet.
(b) She breaks a few plates.
(c) She burns the pot roast.
(d) A pair of pants catches fire.
8. Where does Forrest take a bus to in Chapter 21?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Miami, Florida.
9. How much money will Forrest get if he loses the match in Chapter 19?
10. What does Mike suggest to Forrest that he become?
(a) A professional pool player.
(b) A professional "rassler."
(c) A professional ping-pong player.
(d) An olympic track runner.
11. What does the person that Forrest finds sheltering himself from the rain with a garbage bag tell him?
(a) She's waiting to die.
(b) She's waiting for her friend.
(c) He's waiting to die.
(d) He's waiting for his friend.
12. What kind of work does Forrest start in Chapter 24 to win Jenny back?
13. Who bails Forrest and Sue out of jail in Chapter 23?
(a) Mr. Tribble.
(c) Lt. Dan.
14. What does Jenny tell Forrest she wants out of life in Chapter 19?
(a) Quiet respectablity and perhaps children.
(b) A nice job and a bunch of kids.
(c) Excitement and lack of responsibility.
(d) Fame and fortune.
15. In Chapter 18, what is the man, Mike, wearing when Forrest meets him?
(a) A red suit, white shirt, and red shoes.
(b) A blue suit, polka dot shirt, and black shoes.
(c) A black suit, striped shirt, and Hawaiian necklace.
(d) A white suit, Hawaiian shirt, and gold necklaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crush of acceleration from the space shuttle remind Forrest of?
2. What does Forrest realize will happen if he loses to Sam in Chapter 15?
3. What does Mike offer Forrest when Jenny wants him to quit competing in Chapter 19?
4. When Fritch radios home, where does she say they have crash-landed?
5. Who does Mike tell Forrest he must lose to in Chapter 20?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)