|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Forrest and Sue head after he helps his mama?
(c) Bayou La Batre.
2. What is Forrest almost disqualified for in Chapter 23?
(a) A fart.
(b) A yell.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A burp.
3. Who does Fritch move in with in Chapter 15 while on the island?
4. What does the person that Forrest finds sheltering himself from the rain with a garbage bag tell him?
(a) He's waiting to die.
(b) She's waiting for her friend.
(c) He's waiting for his friend.
(d) She's waiting to die.
5. Why is Forrest's mama fired from her job?
(a) She breaks a few plates.
(b) She forgets to clean the toliet.
(c) A pair of pants catches fire.
(d) She burns the pot roast.
6. Where did Forrest pick up moves that are "not in the book"?
(a) Little John.
(b) Little Sam.
(c) Big John.
(d) Big Sam.
7. Who does Forrest meet at a movie studio in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Felder.
(c) Mr. Tribble.
8. What does the crush of acceleration from the space shuttle remind Forrest of?
(a) His daddy's death.
(b) The war.
(c) Running from bullies.
(d) Playing football.
9. What does Sam spend evenings teaching Forrest to do?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Play basketball.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Play tennis.
10. What does Forrest see a sign for at his change-over in Nashville?
(a) The Grandmaster's Inviational Boxing Tournament.
(b) The Grandmaster's Invitational Ping-Pong Tournament.
(c) The Grandmaster's Invitational Wrestling Tournament.
(d) The Grandmaster's Invitational Chess Tournament.
11. What actress does Forrest meet in Chapter 22?
(a) Doris Day.
(b) Raquel Welch.
(c) Janet Leigh.
(d) Sophia Loren.
12. What does the person who Forrest meets at a movie studio in Chapter 21 want him to do?
(a) Sign autographs.
(b) Test for a movie.
(c) See the set.
(d) Work the cameras.
13. In Chapter 16, what does Forrest tell the pygmies' king?
(a) That they are American celebrities.
(b) That they are American astronauts.
(c) That they are American dancers.
(d) That they are American musicians.
14. In Chapter 17, who does Forrest learn that his mama ran off with?
(a) A Lutheran.
(b) A Protestant.
(c) A Catholic.
(d) A Jehovah's Witness.
15. Who do Forrest, Sue, and Fritch meet on the island?
(a) A young woman named Sara.
(b) A POW named Bill.
(c) Sam, who learned English during a year at Yale.
(d) A man on walkabout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam want Forrest and Fritch to help him achieve?
2. What does Jenny tell Forrest she wants out of life in Chapter 19?
3. What is Forrest made up to play in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Forrest find sheltering himself from the rain under a garbage bag?
5. Where is Jenny working in Chapter 17?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)