|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 20 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is defined in the dictionary entry that opens Chapter 24?
2. Who is the Rhode Island slave whose pension application is excerpted in the opening of Chapter 4?
(a) Ezra Tilden.
(b) Ebenezer Woodruff.
(c) Jehu Grant.
(d) Thomas Anbury.
3. With how many soldiers does Curzon share his tent after enlisting in Chapter 10?
4. What do they give to Sergeant Woodruff before they pack him on a litter to take him to get medical care in Chapter 22?
(a) A half-bottle of rum.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of vodka.
(d) A beer.
5. Who are assigned digging a privy trench for the camp in Chapter 17?
(a) Jack and Paul.
(b) John and Roger.
(c) The Janack twins.
(d) Silvenus and Eben.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Curzon claim to be when enlisting in Chapter 9?
2. Who is given Sergeant Woodruff's pencil nubs after he dies?
3. What object does Curzon weep over having lost in Chapter 6?
4. In the end of Chapter 20, Eben asks Curzon if he knows how to cook what?
5. Who is the 17-year-old private whose journal is cited in the opening of Chapter 18?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)