Part 1, Prelude - Chapter 7
• NOTE: Citations in this guide are based on the following version of the book: Anderson, Laurie Halse. Forge. Copyright 2010, Anthenum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing Division. Hardcover edition.
• The narrative of Forge is related from the first-person perspective of its protagonist, Curzon Smith.
• This historical novel is set during the American Revolution in various settings in New York state and Pennsylvania.
• Each chapter of the novel opens with a date or a span of dates in which the events of the chapter take place. Following this, the author includes excerpts from a variety of historical accounts of the war and the circumstances at Valley Forge.
• The Prelude is denoted as occurring on January 19, 1777, as Curzon awakens in a rowboat and realizes that his friend Isabel has saved him from Bridewell Prison.
• Isabel insists on walking to Charleston...
This section contains 3,057 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)