|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond hunt in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What does Bond mistake Enrico Colombo and his men for?
3. Whom does Milton Krest sound like?
4. Just as Bond is about to fall asleep what keeps him awake?
5. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond notice upon regaining consciousness?
2. Where and when does Baum agree to meet Bond?
3. Bond knows M has certain "bees in his bonnet." What are they?
4. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
5. What is "The Corrector"?
6. What is Bond's first impression of Milton Krest?
7. How do Bond and Lisl Baum first meet?
8. Describe Fidele Barbey.
9. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
10. How does Enrico Colombo discover what Kristatos and Bond are talking about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enrico Colombo and Bond end up becoming quite friendly by the end of the fourth chapter. Why are they so compatible? Compare and contrast their personal and professional characteristics citing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY are servants of the British Empire, men and women of a culture that places a high premium on civility. How does the juxtaposition of civility and violence enrich the dramatic narrative? Give several examples of this in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Select a chapter from FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. How does Fleming manipulate tone to draw the reader into the story. Is there an overriding tone? Does it shift at some point? When and why? Be very specific.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)