|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
2. When does Colombo say he worked for the English?
3. Just as Bond is about to fall asleep what keeps him awake?
4. What does Kristatos say Lisl Baum is?
5. At their first meeting what is Bond's impression of Kristatos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
2. Where and when does Baum agree to meet Bond?
3. Who murders Mr. Krest?
4. How is Mr. Krest murdered?
5. How does Lisl Baum leave Enrico Colombo at the restaurant?
6. How is the Hildebrand Rarity finally caught?
7. What does Bond do when he discovers Mr. Krest's corpse?
8. When Mr. Krest catches Liz and Bond holding hands, what does he do?
9. How do Bond and Lisl Baum first meet?
10. Why is Colombo so comfortable offering Lisl Baum to Bond as a reward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fleming use alcohol to develop the plot in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY? How does he use it to develop character. Use at least two examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In FOR YOUR EYES ONLY Bond exhibits luxurious and refined tastes in respect to drinking, women, and commercial air travel, to name a few. How might Bond's career as a licensed killer be directly and indirectly related to his cultivation of these tastes? Discuss citing at least three specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In the final chapter of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY Bond remarks to Milton Krest, "America has progressed from infancy to senility without having passed through a period of maturity." How does Mr. Krest make Bond's point?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)