|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Enrico Colombo's nickname?
2. To whom does Lisl Baum compare herself?
3. Why does Colombo claim Kristatos is wrong about him?
4. What weapons do Colombo and his men carry when they kidnap Bond on the beach?
5. How do the smugglers get their heroin through customs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
2. How do Bond and Kristatos secretly verify each other's identities?
3. Describe Fidele Barbey.
4. How does Mr. Krest insult Bond?
5. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
6. Why does M send Bond to Italy?
7. How is Mr. Krest murdered?
8. When Mr. Krest catches Liz and Bond holding hands, what does he do?
9. Where and when does Baum agree to meet Bond?
10. What is the conspiracy that Colombo and Bond destroyed in "half an hour"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a chapter from FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. How does Fleming manipulate tone to draw the reader into the story. Is there an overriding tone? Does it shift at some point? When and why? Be very specific.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout FOR YOUR EYES ONLY James Bond struggles with the appropriateness of killing. Explore three instances of this conflict. When does Bond feel killing is appropriate and/or justified? When does he feel it is not? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Does Fleming develop Bond primarily by having the narrator describe him or by inviting the reader to draw his or her own conclusions based on his actions? Do other characters' words or actions help to develop 007? How?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)