|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
2. Where does the Wavekrest dock the night after Mr. Krest's death?
3. How does Enrico Colombo hear Bond and Kristato's discussion?
4. What cargo does the Albanian trawler contain?
5. How much money does Kristatos charge Bond for his services?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Hildebrand Rarity finally caught?
2. Why does M send Bond to Italy?
3. Describe the Bagni Alberoni.
4. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
5. How do Bond and Lisl Baum first meet?
6. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
7. How does Mr. Krest insult Bond?
8. What is "The Corrector"?
9. Describe Fidele Barbey.
10. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In FOR YOUR EYES ONLY Bond exhibits luxurious and refined tastes in respect to drinking, women, and commercial air travel, to name a few. How might Bond's career as a licensed killer be directly and indirectly related to his cultivation of these tastes? Discuss citing at least three specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How is status important in the book? Write an essay on one of the following:
1) How does the superior/subordinate relationship between James Bond and M shape the story of the book? Cite three examples.
2) How do social distinctions shape the story of Phillip Masters and Rhoda Llewellyn.
3) How does status feed they interpersonal dynamics that lead to the murder of Milton Krest.
Essay Topic 3
Who is James Bond? Compare and contrast 007 with another favorite character of yours from film or literature. When you are finished, compare him to another Spy-type character.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)