|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old slave-driver's whip of the Indian Ocean.
2. What drink does Bond order when sits at Kristatos's table?
3. What threat does Mr. Krest make to Bond?
4. What does Mr. Krest catch Bond and his wife doing?
5. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Krest insult Fidele Barbey?
2. What does Barbey almost immediately propose to Bond?
3. How does Colombo convince Bond to join forces with him?
4. What does Bond notice upon regaining consciousness?
5. How does Lisl Baum leave Enrico Colombo at the restaurant?
6. How does Enrico Colombo discover what Kristatos and Bond are talking about?
7. What does Bond do when he discovers Mr. Krest's corpse?
8. What is Bond's first impression of Milton Krest?
9. How do Bond and Kristatos secretly verify each other's identities?
10. How does Mr. Krest insult Bond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"If foreign gangsters find they can get away with this kind of thing they'll decide the English are as soft as some other people seem to think we are. This is a case for rough justice--an eye for an eye." With these words to M in the second chapter, Bond reveals much about his idea of justice. Where in the novel do we see Bond carrying out this form of justice. Do Bond's actions in the novel ever contradict this idea? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
In the final chapter of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY Bond remarks to Milton Krest, "America has progressed from infancy to senility without having passed through a period of maturity." How does Mr. Krest make Bond's point?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fleming use alcohol to develop the plot in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY? How does he use it to develop character. Use at least two examples from the book.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)