|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond suspect killed Mr. Krest?
2. What does Bond hear as he is getting ready for bed?
3. What color is Lisl Baum's umbrella?
4. According to Colombo why does Kristatos want him killed?
5. What does Mrs. Krest say she did on the night of Mr. Krest's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
2. How does Lisl Baum leave Enrico Colombo at the restaurant?
3. Bond knows M has certain "bees in his bonnet." What are they?
4. Why does M send Bond to Italy?
5. Describe the Bagni Alberoni.
6. How does Mr. Krest insult Bond?
7. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
8. What is the conspiracy that Colombo and Bond destroyed in "half an hour"?
9. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
10. What is "The Corrector"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you characterize the structure of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY? Why do you think Fleming writes it this way? What advantages does it afford him? Are there any disadvantages? Use specifics.
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the first chapter an assassin disguised as a Royal Corps of Signals dispatch-rider kills an actual Royal Corps of Signals dispatch-rider as he is en route to deliver a top-secret case to headquarters. How does this disguise provide the spy with the advantage he needs to complete his mission. Discuss at least two other instances of the use and advantage of a disguise in the first chapter.
Essay Topic 3
How is Rhoda Llewellyn transformed by her relationship with Phillip Masters in the Nassau Governor's story? Use specific examples.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)