|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bond spot by the bathing huts?
2. According to Barbey who owns the "finest damn yacht in the Indian Ocean"?
3. According to Bond what are the best months in Venice?
4. How does Enrico Colombo hear Bond and Kristato's discussion?
5. Where is Mrs. Krest from originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bond and Lisl Baum first meet?
2. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
3. How does Lisl Baum leave Enrico Colombo at the restaurant?
4. Who murders Mr. Krest?
5. How does Enrico Colombo discover what Kristatos and Bond are talking about?
6. How is the Hildebrand Rarity finally caught?
7. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
8. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
9. What is Bond's first impression of Milton Krest?
10. When Mr. Krest catches Liz and Bond holding hands, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In FOR YOUR EYES ONLY Bond exhibits luxurious and refined tastes in respect to drinking, women, and commercial air travel, to name a few. How might Bond's career as a licensed killer be directly and indirectly related to his cultivation of these tastes? Discuss citing at least three specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The frightening first scene in second chapter of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY begins with a detailed description of a streamertail hummingbird, "the most beautiful bird in Jamaica." Why does Fleming start the scene this way? What does the streamertail symbolize? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize the structure of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY? Why do you think Fleming writes it this way? What advantages does it afford him? Are there any disadvantages? Use specifics.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)