|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond do with Mr. Krest's body?
2. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
3. What do Bond and Mrs. Krest discuss on the deck of the ship?
4. How much money does Kristatos charge Bond for his services?
5. What weapons do Colombo and his men carry when they kidnap Bond on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bond's first impression of Milton Krest?
2. Describe the Bagni Alberoni.
3. Describe Fidele Barbey.
4. How does Enrico Colombo discover what Kristatos and Bond are talking about?
5. How do Bond and Lisl Baum first meet?
6. What does Bond notice upon regaining consciousness?
7. How does Colombo convince Bond to join forces with him?
8. Who murders Mr. Krest?
9. How does Mr. Krest insult Fidele Barbey?
10. What is the conspiracy that Colombo and Bond destroyed in "half an hour"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frightening first scene in second chapter of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY begins with a detailed description of a streamertail hummingbird, "the most beautiful bird in Jamaica." Why does Fleming start the scene this way? What does the streamertail symbolize? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Enrico Colombo and Bond end up becoming quite friendly by the end of the fourth chapter. Why are they so compatible? Compare and contrast their personal and professional characteristics citing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How is Phillip Masters transformed by his relationship with Rhoda Llewellyn in the Nassau Governor's story? Use specific examples.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)