|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special skills does M believe Bond can bring to the table at SHAPE.
2. Where does Bond discover the spies' hideout?
3. What is the winning gunman's reward?
4. According to M, who are "well-dug" in the banana republics?
5. Why can one not drink seriously in a French cafe according to Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bond interested in the Gypsy camp?
2. Besides murdering her parents, what else do Von Hammerstein and his goons do to threaten Judy?
3. What comes of Rhoda's relationship with Tattersall?
4. What is the nature of Bond's displeasure with his flight to Montreal?
5. What equipment does Johns recommend Bond acquire for his mission?
6. What are some of the thoughts racing through Bond's mind on his long hike to Echo Lake?
7. Describe Bond's final preparations before leaving the KO-ZEE motel.
8. Describe the appearance of the assassin in the first chapter of the book.
9. What is the Law of the Quantum of Solace?
10. Describe Bond's first meeting with Judy Havelock.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Phillip Masters transformed by his relationship with Rhoda Llewellyn in the Nassau Governor's story? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How would you characterize the structure of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY? Why do you think Fleming writes it this way? What advantages does it afford him? Are there any disadvantages? Use specifics.
Essay Topic 3
Fleming frequently relies on foreshadowing in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY to build suspense. Find three examples of this device in the novel and demonstrate how each works to involve the reader more deeply in the story.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)