|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bond insist his Americano be made with Perrier?
2. What is Bond's general opinion of Judy?
3. How does Rhoda humiliate Masters?
4. What is Bond's last question to Colonel Johns?
5. Where is Content located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Bond's displeasure with his flight to Montreal?
2. How does Mary Ann Russell drive?
3. Describe the appearance of the assassin in the first chapter of the book.
4. How does the Havelocks' meeting with Gonzales end?
5. What does M mean when he says that every man in the fleet knows what to do except the commanding admiral?
6. After killing the first spy, what gets Bond into trouble when he tries to deal with the others?
7. Why is Bond alarmed at the snapping of a twig?
8. Describe the place Bond discovers the spies to be hiding.
9. Who saves Bond? And how?
10. Besides murdering her parents, what else do Von Hammerstein and his goons do to threaten Judy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Fleming develop Bond primarily by having the narrator describe him or by inviting the reader to draw his or her own conclusions based on his actions? Do other characters' words or actions help to develop 007? How?
Essay Topic 2
How is Rhoda Llewellyn transformed by her relationship with Phillip Masters in the Nassau Governor's story? Use specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Select a chapter from FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. How does Fleming manipulate tone to draw the reader into the story. Is there an overriding tone? Does it shift at some point? When and why? Be very specific.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)