|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are not a part of the Echo Lake estate?
2. Who does Mrs. Havelock call "the most dreadful show-offs"?
3. What does Colonel Havelock do after Major Gonzales introduces his "secretaries"?
4. Phillip Masters' affection for the Nigerians takes the place of his affection for whom?
5. What is Bond's general opinion of Judy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does M want Bond to investigate the SHAPE assassination?
2. What is the nature of Bond's displeasure with his flight to Montreal?
3. What comes of Rhoda's relationship with Tattersall?
4. How does the Havelocks' meeting with Gonzales end?
5. What brings Bond to Nassau?
6. After killing the first spy, what gets Bond into trouble when he tries to deal with the others?
7. Who saves Bond? And how?
8. What does M mean when he says that every man in the fleet knows what to do except the commanding admiral?
9. Why does the Canadian Commissioner wish to keep the business of Colonel Johns and Bond at a distance?
10. What is Bond's opinion of the governor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is James Bond? Compare and contrast 007 with another favorite character of yours from film or literature. When you are finished, compare him to another Spy-type character.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of women in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. Examine their distinct strengths and limitations citing at least two characters as examples. How do they compare to the male characters? What do you believe the authors attitude toward the sexes is?
Essay Topic 3
How is Rhoda Llewellyn transformed by her relationship with Phillip Masters in the Nassau Governor's story? Use specific examples.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)