|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third condition of Kristatos' arrangement with Bond?
(a) Bond must join Kristatos for his wife's birthday party.
(b) Bond must teach Kristatos how to play cricket.
(c) Bond must kill Enrico Colombo.
(d) Bond must arrange for a British visa for Kristatos.
2. What threat does Mr. Krest make to Bond?
(a) Mr. Krest threatens to have Bond fired from British Intelligence.
(b) Mr. Krest threatens to shoot Bond.
(c) Mr. Krest threatens to whip Bond.
(d) Mr. Krest threatens to have Bond thrown overboard.
3. How is Mr. Krest killed?
(a) Mr. Krest is strangled with a stingray tail.
(b) Mr. Krest dies of alcohol poisoning.
(c) Mr. Krest is shot by Bond.
(d) Mr. Krest has the spiny Hildebrand Rarity stuffed into his mouth.
4. What embarrassing tidbit does Mr. Krest reveal to everyone about Barbey?
(a) Mr. Krest tells everyone that Barbey is impotent.
(b) Mr. Krest claims Barbey likes to dress in women's clothing.
(c) Mr. Krest reveals that Barbey is virtually bankrupt.
(d) Mr. Krest says a member of Barbey's family has over a hundred illegitimate children.
5. What does Bond do when Mr. Krest tries to make up with him?
(a) Bond punches him in the jaw.
(b) Bond laughs and turns away.
(c) Bond punches him in the stomach.
(d) Bond says nothing and continues looking hard at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the smugglers get their heroin through customs?
2. What do Bond and Mrs. Krest discuss on the deck of the ship?
3. What business does Barbey propose to Bond?
4. Who does Bond suspect killed Mr. Krest?
5. What United States organization runs the Secret Service and is charged to investigate smuggling and counterfeiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bond do when he discovers Mr. Krest's corpse?
2. Why does M send Bond to Italy?
3. What does Bond notice upon regaining consciousness?
4. How do Bond and Kristatos secretly verify each other's identities?
5. What is Bond's first impression of Milton Krest?
6. Where and when does Baum agree to meet Bond?
7. Describe the Bagni Alberoni.
8. How is Mr. Krest murdered?
9. Why does Bond leave Lisl so soon after he arrives?
10. How does Colombo convince Bond to join forces with him?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)