|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bond regains consciousness how is he being treated by his captor?
2. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
(a) Mr. Krest sits under a tent on the beach smoking a cigar.
(b) Mr. Krest "corrects" Mrs. Krest.
(c) Mr. Krest drinks vodka and berates everyone.
(d) Mr. Krest sits on-board the ship reading the New York Times.
3. What does Bond tell Baum he does for a living?
(a) Bond says he is a secret agent.
(b) Bond says he is an art collector.
(c) Bond says he is a classics professor.
(d) Bond says he writes adventure stories.
4. How much money does Kristatos charge Bond for his services?
(c) $30, 000
5. What does Bond hear as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) A shattering of glass.
(b) A woman's scream.
(c) A great thud.
(d) A gunshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bond do when Mr. Krest tries to make up with him?
2. According to Bond what is the "usual story of big syndicate crime"?
3. What embarrassing tidbit does Mr. Krest reveal to everyone about Barbey?
4. Whom does Milton Krest sound like?
5. What does Bond do with Mr. Krest's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and when does Baum agree to meet Bond?
2. How does Colombo convince Bond to join forces with him?
3. How does Lisl Baum leave Enrico Colombo at the restaurant?
4. How do Bond and Kristatos secretly verify each other's identities?
5. Why does M send Bond to Italy?
6. What does Bond notice upon regaining consciousness?
7. Describe Fidele Barbey.
8. What does Bond do when he discovers Mr. Krest's corpse?
9. Why does Bond tell Lisl he would like to meet with her?
10. What is "The Corrector"?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)