|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Havelock occupy herself while she watches the birds?
(a) With her record player.
(b) With her adventure novel.
(c) With her gin drinking.
(d) With her petit-point.
2. What does Judy give Bond before proceeding with her plan?
(a) A locket to remember her by.
(b) Her hunting knife.
(c) A whistle.
(d) The self-congratulatory smile of a woman who's had the last word.
3. How does Bond lure the assassin to him?
(a) Bond takes the assassin's cohort hostage.
(b) Bond disguises himself as a Royal Corps of Signals dispatch-rider.
(c) Bond imitates the sound of a motorcycle engine.
(d) Bond learns the spies' secret password.
4. Von Hammerstein counts down for the gunmen in what language?
5. How does Bond discover Judy Havelock's identity?
(a) Judy allows Bond to examine her hunting license.
(b) Judy's name is written on the tag of her shirt.
(c) Judy lets it slip during a story she tells Bond.
(d) Bond beats it out of Judy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anyone who can come up with an original idea concerning the case must be what according to Colonel Schreiber?
2. What kind of hat does Major Gonzales wear?
3. How does M know the Havelocks?
4. What is Gonzales' signal to his "secretaries"?
5. How does Rhoda humiliate Masters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bond's opinion of the governor?
2. What are some of the thoughts racing through Bond's mind on his long hike to Echo Lake?
3. Describe Bond's final preparations before leaving the KO-ZEE motel.
4. What equipment does Johns recommend Bond acquire for his mission?
5. Why does M want Bond to investigate the SHAPE assassination?
6. How does the Havelocks' meeting with Gonzales end?
7. What does M mean when he says that every man in the fleet knows what to do except the commanding admiral?
8. Why does Judy come to Echo Lake?
9. Describe Major Gonzales.
10. Besides murdering her parents, what else do Von Hammerstein and his goons do to threaten Judy?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)