|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first course of action considered by Bond after he is ambushed?
(a) Bond must regain the initiative and dispose of this stranger.
(b) Bond must refuse to move from his position.
(c) Bond must sneak off when the stranger is not looking.
(d) Bond must make friends with the stranger.
2. Phillip Masters' affection for the Nigerians takes the place of his affection for whom?
(a) The opposite sex.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
(d) His commander.
3. How many hours does Johns say it will take Bond to go from Frelighsburg to Echo Lake if he doesn't lose his way?
4. What does Bond fear about the marriage of Llewellyn to Masters?
(a) Bond fear Llewellyn is not entirely honest about her identity.
(b) Bond fears Llewellyn marries Masters because she thinks his life sounds exciting and grand.
(c) Bond fears Llewellyn marries Masters only to get close to him and kill him.
(d) Bond fears Llewellyn marries Masters because she thinks he is rich.
5. Who does Bond sent him to Echo Lake?
(a) The Mounties.
(b) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) British Intelligence.
(d) Scotland Yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the chapter, what kind of vehicle is the assassin using?
2. What are the gunmen's targets in their shooting contest?
3. How long does Colonel Johns say it should take Bond to get to Frelighsburg?
4. Where does Mary Ann Russell find Bond?
5. What is Bond wearing four days after arriving at SHAPE while he is keeping watch over a glade near the D98?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does M mean when he says that every man in the fleet knows what to do except the commanding admiral?
2. How does Masters respond when Rhoda attempts to reconcile with him?
3. Describe the place Bond discovers the spies to be hiding.
4. What is a "crash dive"?
5. What is Bond's opinion of the governor?
6. Why does Bond remark that he would rather fly slowly and comfortably than fast and uncosseted?
7. Why is Bond alarmed at the snapping of a twig?
8. Describe the appearance of the assassin in the first chapter of the book.
9. How does Mary Ann Russell drive?
10. Why does Judy come to Echo Lake?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)