|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first course of action considered by Bond after he is ambushed?
(a) Bond must sneak off when the stranger is not looking.
(b) Bond must refuse to move from his position.
(c) Bond must regain the initiative and dispose of this stranger.
(d) Bond must make friends with the stranger.
2. How does the assassin leave the scene without a trace?
(a) He flies off using a jet-pack.
(b) He rides his motorcycle away slowly in order to leave no skid marks.
(c) He is lifted out by a helicopter.
(d) He tiptoes.
3. How does Judy find Echo Lake?
(a) Colonel Johns drives her there.
(b) Judy searches on her own for two years.
(c) The Pinkertons find the location for her.
(d) M gives her the location.
4. What is Bond's general opinion of Judy?
(a) He finds her wonderful.
(b) He finds her irritating.
(c) He has little interest in her.
(d) He finds her suspicious.
5. Where does Bond spend the night before departing for Echo Lake?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) Motel 6.
(c) The Hunter's Arms.
(d) The KO-ZEE Motor Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nassau?
2. Where does Mary Ann Russell find Bond?
3. What does Bond think of the Governor?
4. What are the gunmen's targets in their shooting contest?
5. What is the last thing Bond tells the Governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Havelocks' meeting with Gonzales end?
2. Describe the circumstances of Bond's arrival at Echo Lake.
3. Why does M want Bond to investigate the SHAPE assassination?
4. Describe Bond's final preparations before leaving the KO-ZEE motel.
5. What is a "crash dive"?
6. What is the nature of Bond's displeasure with his flight to Montreal?
7. Why does Bond remark that he would rather fly slowly and comfortably than fast and uncosseted?
8. Describe the appearance of the assassin in the first chapter of the book.
9. Describe a male streamertail hummingbird.
10. Why is Bond interested in the Gypsy camp?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)