|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bond, what are the best things in America?
(a) Marilyn Monroe and The New York Yankees.
(b) The Boston Redsocks and Doris Day.
(c) Maple syrup and bluebirds.
(d) Chipmunks and oyster stew.
2. Where does Masters meet Rhoda Llewellyn?
(a) On an oceanliner.
(b) In an elevator.
(c) In a taxi cab.
(d) On an airplane.
3. Why does the Governor ask Bond to dinner?
(a) Bond and the Governor are fast friends.
(b) The Governor invites Bond only as a duty.
(c) M arranges the meeting.
(d) Bond blew up the Governor's boat.
4. What happens to the Havelocks' bottles for Guavas?
(a) The Havelocks never have any bottles.
(b) The bottles shatter.
(c) The bottles get mashed.
(d) The bottles fill with mold.
5. What does Bond think of the Governor?
(a) Bond thinks the Governor is a great man.
(b) Bond thinks he could do a better job governing the colony.
(c) Bond thinks the Governor is a coward.
(d) Bond thinks the Governor is a routine type.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Havelock do after Major Gonzales introduces his "secretaries"?
2. What is in Bond's flask?
3. Why do the spies leave no tracks?
4. If he ever so decides, whom will Bond marry?
5. How long does Colonel Johns say it should take Bond to get to Frelighsburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Bond to Nassau?
2. How does Rhoda humiliate Masters?
3. What are some of the thoughts racing through Bond's mind on his long hike to Echo Lake?
4. How does Mary Ann Russell drive?
5. Describe a male streamertail hummingbird.
6. What does Bond think of Judy? How does he react to being discovered?
7. Describe Bond's final preparations before leaving the KO-ZEE motel.
8. What is a "crash dive"?
9. What comes of Rhoda's relationship with Tattersall?
10. Describe the place Bond discovers the spies to be hiding.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)