|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the assassin kill the dispatch-rider?
(a) To avenge the death of his father.
(b) To obtain the top-secret intelligence he carries.
(c) To win a bet.
(d) To satisfy his pathological urge to kill.
2. What is Bond wearing four days after arriving at SHAPE while he is keeping watch over a glade near the D98?
(a) Walnut Stain.
(b) Parachutist camouflage.
(c) A khaki shirt, jeans and hiking boots.
(d) A tailored suit.
3. What are the gunmen's targets in their shooting contest?
(a) Von Hammerstein's girls.
(b) Iron garden furniture.
(c) Empty champagne bottles.
(d) Clay disks.
4. What kind of car does Russell drive?
(a) A shiny BMW.
(b) A Mustang.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A battered Peugeot.
5. What is in Bond's flask?
(a) Orange juice and vodka.
(b) Bourbon and coffee.
(c) Scotch and tea.
(d) Gin and grapefruit juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the assassin cover his tracks?
2. What is the source of Harvey Miller's money?
3. Which of the following are not a part of the Echo Lake estate?
4. What alarms Bond so that he crouches motionless for a full ten minutes?
5. Where does Mary Ann Russell find Bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary Ann Russell drive?
2. What brings Bond to Nassau?
3. Who saves Bond? And how?
4. Describe the circumstances of Bond's arrival at Echo Lake.
5. Why does Judy come to Echo Lake?
6. Why is Bond alarmed at the snapping of a twig?
7. How does Masters respond when Rhoda attempts to reconcile with him?
8. Describe a male streamertail hummingbird.
9. After killing the first spy, what gets Bond into trouble when he tries to deal with the others?
10. Why does Bond remark that he would rather fly slowly and comfortably than fast and uncosseted?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)