|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Lisl Baum does to Colombo before leaving the restaurant?
(a) Baum throws a glass of wine in his face.
(b) Baum caresses his hand.
(c) Baum plants a kiss on his cheek.
(d) Baum turns and winks at him.
2. What does Bond hear as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) A shattering of glass.
(b) A great thud.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A woman's scream.
3. What is the best train from Rome to Venice?
(a) The Laguna Express.
(b) The Bagni Alberoni.
(c) The Acela.
(d) The Venezetti Local.
4. Why does M send Bond to the Seychelles?
(a) M sends Bond to take care of some personal business for him.
(b) M sends Bond to the Seychelles to fight the communist uprising there.
(c) M wants Bond to see if the Seychelles are a secure location for the British fleet.
(d) M thinks Bond needs a vacation.
5. Where is Mrs. Krest from originally?
6. What does Bond mistake Enrico Colombo and his men for?
(a) A group of octopus fishermen.
(b) A group of spear-fishermen.
(c) A collection of statues.
7. According to Bond what is the "usual story of big syndicate crime"?
(a) One never sees more than the tip of the iceberg.
(b) Someone must be killed.
(c) Great danger is involved.
(d) One is always exploited.
8. How much money is the British Prime Minister prepared to give Bond to use in order to bust the smugglers?
9. When Bond regains consciousness how is he being treated by his captor?
10. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
(a) Bond has a message for Baum from headquarters in London.
(b) Baum fancies Bond and wants time alone with him.
(c) Bond wants Baum to give him authentic stories of smuggling for his "adventure writing."
(d) Baum wishes to betray Enrico Colombo.
11. What type of man is Bond looking for in the Excelsior bar?
(a) An old woman sitting alone drinking a Negroni.
(b) A man with a moustache drinking an Alexandra.
(c) A woman in a red dress drinking a glass of wine.
(d) A bald man drinking a martini with an olive.
12. Where does the Wavekrest dock the night after Mr. Krest's death?
(b) New Dehli.
(d) North Point.
13. How does Barbey find Bond?
(a) Barbey has Bond tailed.
(b) Barbey sends a wire to British Intelligence in London requesting 007's whereabouts.
(c) Barbey uses a satellite.
(d) Barbey drives along the coast until one of the fisherman informs him there is a white man attempting to commit suicide.
14. How does Bond find Colombo's laugh?
15. Whom does Bond spot by the bathing huts?
(a) Two octopus fishermen with CO2 harpoon guns.
(b) A man stepping on a mine.
(c) Three women in bikinis.
(d) Three men in dark clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cargo does the Albanian trawler contain?
2. How does Colombo reward Bond for his service?
3. What threat does Mr. Krest make to Bond?
4. What does Bond do with Mr. Krest's body?
5. Where is Lisl Baum from?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)