|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Corrector"?
(a) A stingray tail Mr. Krest uses to discipline his wife.
(b) Mr. Krest's nickname for Mrs. Krest.
(c) A weaponized helicopter on-board the Wavekrest.
(d) Mr. Krest's nickname for his revolver.
2. Why does Bond say he ran from Colombo's men?
(a) Bond was frightened.
(b) Bond is unable to explain his split-second reaction.
(c) Bond knows killers when he sees them.
(d) Bond thought a chase would be sporting.
3. Whom does Bond spot by the bathing huts?
(a) Two octopus fishermen with CO2 harpoon guns.
(b) Three women in bikinis.
(c) Three men in dark clothes.
(d) A man stepping on a mine.
4. To whom does Lisl Baum compare herself?
(a) Marlene Dietrich.
(b) Katherine Hepburn.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Greta Garbo.
5. What business does Barbey propose to Bond?
(a) Barbey proposes that he and Bond assist Milton Krest in finding a rare tropical fish.
(b) Barbey proposes that he and Bond spend the rest of the week hunting sharks.
(c) Barbey proposes a grand trip to Paris.
(d) Barbey proposes that he and Bond pool their money together to purchase some real estate.
6. How does Mr. Krest behave at the party?
(a) Mr. Krest seems distant.
(b) Mr. Krest suddenly acts very feminine.
(c) Mr. Krest is joyful and wins back everyone.
(d) Mr. Krest gets very drunk and insults everyone.
7. What does Bond do to Mr. Krest's hammock?
(a) Bond takes the hammock below.
(b) Bond cuts the hammock in half with a machete.
(c) Bond throws the hammock overboard.
(d) Bond frays and breaks one of the ropes with a table knife.
8. What is the best train from Rome to Venice?
(a) The Laguna Express.
(b) The Venezetti Local.
(c) The Acela.
(d) The Bagni Alberoni.
9. What is the second condition of Kristatos' arrangement with Bond?
(a) Bond will do a small personal favor for Kristatos.
(b) Bond will never return to Italy.
(c) Bond will arrange a marriage for Kristatos's sister.
(d) Bond will not reveal the source of his information even if he is beaten.
10. How do the smugglers get their heroin through customs?
(a) The smugglers disguise it as flour.
(b) The smugglers hide it in stuffed animals.
(c) The smugglers hide it in the spare wheels of their cars.
(d) The smugglers swallow balloons of the stuff.
11. What does Bond mistake Enrico Colombo and his men for?
(a) A group of octopus fishermen.
(c) A group of spear-fishermen.
(d) A collection of statues.
12. What kind of fisherman have derricks along the seawall?
13. How does Bond feel about killing the Hildebrand Rarity?
(a) Bond finds it much easier than killing a man.
(b) Bond wishes the fish were easier to find.
(c) Bond is resistant to the idea of killing the fish.
(d) Bond relishes the thought of ridding the sea of this poisonous fish.
14. Why does M send Bond to the Seychelles?
(a) M thinks Bond needs a vacation.
(b) M sends Bond to take care of some personal business for him.
(c) M sends Bond to the Seychelles to fight the communist uprising there.
(d) M wants Bond to see if the Seychelles are a secure location for the British fleet.
15. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
(a) Bond jumps in front of a bullet intended for Colombo.
(b) Bond diverts all of the Albanians.
(c) Bond takes out the enemy machine gunner.
(d) Bond drinks poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mrs. Krest's face on the journey away from Chagrin Island?
2. What color is Lisl Baum's umbrella?
3. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
4. Where is Lisl Baum from?
5. According to Barbey who owns the "finest damn yacht in the Indian Ocean"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)