|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man is Bond looking for in the Excelsior bar?
(a) A man with a moustache drinking an Alexandra.
(b) A woman in a red dress drinking a glass of wine.
(c) An old woman sitting alone drinking a Negroni.
(d) A bald man drinking a martini with an olive.
2. What kind of fisherman have derricks along the seawall?
3. How do the smugglers get their heroin through customs?
(a) The smugglers hide it in the spare wheels of their cars.
(b) The smugglers disguise it as flour.
(c) The smugglers hide it in stuffed animals.
(d) The smugglers swallow balloons of the stuff.
4. Where is Mrs. Krest from originally?
5. To whom does Lisl Baum compare herself?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Katherine Hepburn.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
6. What color is Lisl Baum's umbrella?
7. What United States organization runs the Secret Service and is charged to investigate smuggling and counterfeiting?
(a) The United States Treasury Department.
(b) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The National Security Agency.
8. What does Bond hunt in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) A stingray.
(b) A barracuda.
(c) A panther.
(d) A smuggler.
9. What is the best train from Rome to Venice?
(a) The Bagni Alberoni.
(b) The Laguna Express.
(c) The Acela.
(d) The Venezetti Local.
10. What weapons do Colombo's men carry on the day of the rendezvous with the Albanian trawler?
(c) CO2 harpoon guns.
(d) Walther PPKs.
11. How is Mrs. Krest's face on the journey away from Chagrin Island?
(a) Very sunburned.
(b) Flushed from drinking vodka.
(c) White with Mr. Krest's finger marks.
(d) Alive with the joy of a successful mission.
12. What is the old slave-driver's whip of the Indian Ocean.
(a) An eel.
(b) A palm frond.
(c) A stingray tail.
(d) A mythical reef.
13. How does Barbey find Bond?
(a) Barbey drives along the coast until one of the fisherman informs him there is a white man attempting to commit suicide.
(b) Barbey has Bond tailed.
(c) Barbey uses a satellite.
(d) Barbey sends a wire to British Intelligence in London requesting 007's whereabouts.
14. Where does the Wavekrest dock the night after Mr. Krest's death?
(a) North Point.
(d) New Dehli.
15. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
(a) Baum wishes to betray Enrico Colombo.
(b) Baum fancies Bond and wants time alone with him.
(c) Bond has a message for Baum from headquarters in London.
(d) Bond wants Baum to give him authentic stories of smuggling for his "adventure writing."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Bond's early morning stroll through the backstreets of Venice?
2. What is your first reaction when you come to from being hit on the head?
3. What does Bond hear as he is getting ready for bed?
4. Where is Lisl Baum from?
5. What kind of champagne is served on the Wavekrest at the "wingding"?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)