|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bond first meet Baum?
(a) Bond hails her a cab outside Colombo's restaurant.
(b) Bond meets her on a beach in Venice.
(c) Bond spots her on a flight to Rome.
(d) Bond approaches her at the bar of his hotel.
2. What color is Lisl Baum's umbrella?
3. What is the price of the information Colombo gives Bond?
(d) There is no price.
4. What is the last thing Lisl Baum does to Colombo before leaving the restaurant?
(a) Baum caresses his hand.
(b) Baum throws a glass of wine in his face.
(c) Baum turns and winks at him.
(d) Baum plants a kiss on his cheek.
5. What does Kristatos say Lisl Baum is?
(a) A virtuous woman.
(b) A surprisingly witty young lady.
(c) A luxus whore.
(d) A victim of Enrico Colombo.
6. As Bond is gathering his shirt and shorts what happens?
(a) Mr. Krest appears in his cabin with a gun.
(b) The Wavekrest begins taking on water.
(c) Bond hears a crash followed by a choking sound.
(d) The Wavekrest falls quiet.
7. A week earlier at his meeting with Bond, what was M's mood?
8. What organization is the the beneficiary of the Krest Foundation?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The KGB.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Museum of Natural History.
9. What does Bond hear as he is getting ready for bed?
(a) A woman's scream.
(b) A shattering of glass.
(c) A great thud.
(d) A gunshot.
10. Where does the Wavekrest dock the night after Mr. Krest's death?
(a) North Point.
(c) New Dehli.
11. Just as Bond is about to fall asleep what keeps him awake?
(a) Fidele Barbey suddenly entering the room.
(b) Mr. Krest's snoring.
(c) Mrs. Krest's sobs.
(d) A splash.
12. What United States organization runs the Secret Service and is charged to investigate smuggling and counterfeiting?
(a) The National Security Agency.
(b) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(c) The United States Treasury Department.
(d) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
13. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
(a) Baum wishes to betray Enrico Colombo.
(b) Bond has a message for Baum from headquarters in London.
(c) Bond wants Baum to give him authentic stories of smuggling for his "adventure writing."
(d) Baum fancies Bond and wants time alone with him.
14. To whom does Lisl Baum compare herself?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Marlene Dietrich.
(c) Greta Garbo.
(d) Katherine Hepburn.
15. What does Kristatos smoke with his coffee?
(a) A short fat cigar.
(b) A thin black cigar.
(c) A mahogany pipe.
(d) A brown cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Krest from originally?
2. What does the Prime Minister consider the smuggling of heroin into Britain to be?
3. According to Bond what is the "usual story of big syndicate crime"?
4. What business does Barbey propose to Bond?
5. Where is Lisl Baum from?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)