|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
(a) Mr. Krest drinks vodka and berates everyone.
(b) Mr. Krest sits on-board the ship reading the New York Times.
(c) Mr. Krest "corrects" Mrs. Krest.
(d) Mr. Krest sits under a tent on the beach smoking a cigar.
2. What is the old slave-driver's whip of the Indian Ocean.
(a) A palm frond.
(b) A stingray tail.
(c) A mythical reef.
(d) An eel.
3. What is Enrico Colombo's nickname?
(a) The Zebra.
(b) The Jackal.
(c) The Lion.
(d) The Dove.
4. How does Mr. Krest finally catch the Hildebrand Rarity?
(a) Mr. Krest shoots the fish with a CO2 harpoon gun.
(b) Mr. Krest pours poison into the water that floats all the nearby fish to the surface of the water.
(c) Mr. Krest builds a lobster trap and uses poisonous bait.
(d) Mr. Krest spears the fish in the water.
5. What does Bond do when Mr. Krest tries to make up with him?
(a) Bond laughs and turns away.
(b) Bond punches him in the stomach.
(c) Bond says nothing and continues looking hard at him.
(d) Bond punches him in the jaw.
6. What does Bond do to Mr. Krest's hammock?
(a) Bond takes the hammock below.
(b) Bond cuts the hammock in half with a machete.
(c) Bond frays and breaks one of the ropes with a table knife.
(d) Bond throws the hammock overboard.
7. What does Kristatos say Lisl Baum is?
(a) A luxus whore.
(b) A surprisingly witty young lady.
(c) A victim of Enrico Colombo.
(d) A virtuous woman.
8. To whom does Lisl Baum compare herself?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Marlene Dietrich.
(c) Katherine Hepburn.
(d) Greta Garbo.
9. What is the last thing Lisl Baum does to Colombo before leaving the restaurant?
(a) Baum turns and winks at him.
(b) Baum caresses his hand.
(c) Baum plants a kiss on his cheek.
(d) Baum throws a glass of wine in his face.
10. Whom does Milton Krest sound like?
(a) Gregory Peck.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) James Cagney.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
11. Whom does Bond spot by the bathing huts?
(a) A man stepping on a mine.
(b) Three men in dark clothes.
(c) Three women in bikinis.
(d) Two octopus fishermen with CO2 harpoon guns.
12. Why have Baum and Bond arranged to meet?
(a) Bond wants Baum to give him authentic stories of smuggling for his "adventure writing."
(b) Bond has a message for Baum from headquarters in London.
(c) Baum fancies Bond and wants time alone with him.
(d) Baum wishes to betray Enrico Colombo.
13. What do Bond and Mrs. Krest discuss on the deck of the ship?
(b) The stars.
14. Who is "the only man on the island who doesn't carry a machete"?
(a) Fidele Barbey.
(c) James Bond.
(d) Milton Krest.
15. What does Bond mistake Enrico Colombo and his men for?
(b) A group of octopus fishermen.
(c) A group of spear-fishermen.
(d) A collection of statues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of champagne is served on the Wavekrest at the "wingding"?
2. At their first meeting what is Bond's impression of Kristatos?
3. What is the price of the information Colombo gives Bond?
4. According to Bond what is the "usual story of big syndicate crime"?
5. Just as Bond is about to fall asleep what keeps him awake?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)