|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Bagni Alberoni appear to Bond?
2. What embarrassing tidbit does Mr. Krest reveal to everyone about Barbey?
(a) Mr. Krest tells everyone that Barbey is impotent.
(b) Mr. Krest reveals that Barbey is virtually bankrupt.
(c) Mr. Krest claims Barbey likes to dress in women's clothing.
(d) Mr. Krest says a member of Barbey's family has over a hundred illegitimate children.
3. According to Bond which are the only two countries where rolls and butter are delicious?
(a) Germany and Spain.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) Spain and Italy.
(d) France and Spain.
4. How do the smugglers get their heroin through customs?
(a) The smugglers disguise it as flour.
(b) The smugglers swallow balloons of the stuff.
(c) The smugglers hide it in the spare wheels of their cars.
(d) The smugglers hide it in stuffed animals.
5. What weapons do Colombo and his men carry when they kidnap Bond on the beach?
(b) Semi-automatic handguns.
(c) CO2 harpoon guns.
6. What does Mr. Krest do while Bond and Barbey dive for the fish?
(a) Mr. Krest "corrects" Mrs. Krest.
(b) Mr. Krest sits under a tent on the beach smoking a cigar.
(c) Mr. Krest drinks vodka and berates everyone.
(d) Mr. Krest sits on-board the ship reading the New York Times.
7. What weapons do Colombo's men carry on the day of the rendezvous with the Albanian trawler?
(a) CO2 harpoon guns.
(c) Walther PPKs.
8. What does Bond do to Mr. Krest's hammock?
(a) Bond frays and breaks one of the ropes with a table knife.
(b) Bond cuts the hammock in half with a machete.
(c) Bond throws the hammock overboard.
(d) Bond takes the hammock below.
9. Whom does Bond spot by the bathing huts?
(a) Two octopus fishermen with CO2 harpoon guns.
(b) A man stepping on a mine.
(c) Three women in bikinis.
(d) Three men in dark clothes.
10. What is the second condition of Kristatos' arrangement with Bond?
(a) Bond will not reveal the source of his information even if he is beaten.
(b) Bond will do a small personal favor for Kristatos.
(c) Bond will never return to Italy.
(d) Bond will arrange a marriage for Kristatos's sister.
11. Where is Mrs. Krest from originally?
12. What does the Prime Minister consider the smuggling of heroin into Britain to be?
(a) A joke.
(b) Almost a personal insult.
(c) A minor irritation.
(d) An act of psychological war.
13. How does Bond feel about killing the Hildebrand Rarity?
(a) Bond wishes the fish were easier to find.
(b) Bond finds it much easier than killing a man.
(c) Bond is resistant to the idea of killing the fish.
(d) Bond relishes the thought of ridding the sea of this poisonous fish.
14. At their first meeting what is Bond's impression of Kristatos?
(a) Bond finds Kristatos to have very bad taste.
(b) Bond finds Kristatos to be very sloppy.
(c) Bond finds Kristatos to be the kind of man with whom he could have a long friendship.
(d) Bond finds Kristatos to be highly professional.
15. How much money is the British Prime Minister prepared to give Bond to use in order to bust the smugglers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bond suspect killed Mr. Krest?
2. According to Colombo why does Kristatos want him killed?
3. What is the old slave-driver's whip of the Indian Ocean.
4. When does Colombo say he worked for the English?
5. How much money does Kristatos charge Bond for his services?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)