|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Havelock do after Major Gonzales introduces his "secretaries"?
(a) The Colonel stands and excuses himself to a pressing engagement.
(b) The Colonel loads his pipe, lights it, and removes a pistol from the pocket of his blazer.
(c) The Colonel loads his pipe and wonders how he can manouver these men to his study where he keeps his revolver.
(d) The Colonel stands and offers everyone a drink.
2. What does Bond drink in this chapter?
3. What is the weather a month later in London?
(a) Unseasonably cold.
(d) Indian Summer.
4. What does Bond look like after applying the walnut stain?
(a) An Egyptian with blue-grey eyes.
(b) A Mayan god.
(c) A "Red Indian" with blue-grey eyes.
(d) An African American with blue-grey eyes.
5. How does Von Hammerstein manage to stay alive so effectively according to Bond?
(a) Von Hammerstein strikes fear in the heart of his enemies.
(b) Von Hammerstein is a man who takes trouble to do so.
(c) Von Hammerstein is very likable.
(d) Von Hammerstein is phenominally lucky.
6. What prevents Bond from killing the assassin's cohorts?
(a) Bond is hit over the head by Mary Ann Russell.
(b) Bond leaves his gun safety on.
(c) Bond feels guilty.
(d) Bond is a coward.
7. On his approach to Echo Lake, who holds Bond at crossbow point?
(a) Major Gonazales.
(b) Judy Havelock.
(c) Colonel Johns.
(d) Von Hammerstein.
8. What is the last thing Bond tells the Governor?
(a) Bond says that he must pay more attention to people because he had initially found Mrs. Harvey Miller to be a terrible bore.
(b) Bond says he thinks marrying an air hostess might be a bad idea after all.
(c) Bond thanks the Governor for the cigars and brandy.
(d) Bond tells the Governor that he's sorry for blowing up his yacht.
9. How many hours does Johns say it will take Bond to go from Frelighsburg to Echo Lake if he doesn't lose his way?
10. What special skills does M believe Bond can bring to the table at SHAPE.
(a) Bond can sense the invisible factor.
(b) Bond is the best killer in the world.
(c) M doesn't know.
(d) Bond can woo the locale women into telling him who committed the crime.
11. How does Rhoda's affair end?
(a) Tattersall marries her.
(b) Masters murders Rhoda and Tattersall.
(c) Tattersall drops her.
(d) Masters confronts Rhoda and Tattersall.
12. Why does Bond insist his Americano be made with Perrier?
(a) He likes the way the bottle looks.
(b) Expensive soda water is the cheapest way to improve a poor drink.
(c) He holds stock in the company that makes Perrier.
(d) He is incapable of drinking spirits straight.
13. Where does Bond discover the spies' hideout?
(a) Inside of SHAPE.
(b) In Jamaica.
(c) In a tree-house.
(d) Under a briar-rose-covered mound.
14. What is the source of Harvey Miller's money?
(a) Technology stocks.
(b) Natural Gas.
(d) Real Estate.
15. What is in Bond's flask?
(a) Scotch and tea.
(b) Orange juice and vodka.
(c) Bourbon and coffee.
(d) Gin and grapefruit juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most beautiful bird in all of Jamaica?
2. How does M know the Havelocks?
3. The Governor's voice holds an undertone of distaste for what aspect of Bond?
4. What is Gonzales' signal to his "secretaries"?
5. What do the girls do after the shooting contest?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)