|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judy give Bond before proceeding with her plan?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A locket to remember her by.
(c) Her hunting knife.
(d) The self-congratulatory smile of a woman who's had the last word.
2. Which of the following are not a part of the Echo Lake estate?
(a) A stone flagged terrace.
(b) A tennis court.
(c) An apple orchard.
3. According to Bond, what are the best things in America?
(a) Maple syrup and bluebirds.
(b) The Boston Redsocks and Doris Day.
(c) Marilyn Monroe and The New York Yankees.
(d) Chipmunks and oyster stew.
4. The Governor's voice holds an undertone of distaste for what aspect of Bond?
(a) His earthiness.
(b) His equanimity.
(c) His eagerness.
(d) His earnestness.
5. Where is Content located?
(a) In Bermuda.
(b) In the foothills of Candlefly Peak.
(c) In the far west of the Blue Mountains.
(d) In the Green Mountains.
6. How does Bond travel to Montreal?
(a) The Friday Comet.
(b) By oceanliner.
(c) By jetpack.
(d) By helicopter.
7. What is the most beautiful bird in all of Jamaica?
(a) The cardinal.
(b) The Jamaican turkey.
(c) The streamertail.
(d) The bluejay.
8. What is the source of Harvey Miller's money?
(b) Technology stocks.
(c) Real Estate.
(d) Natural Gas.
9. Why does the assassin kill the dispatch-rider?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) To avenge the death of his father.
(c) To satisfy his pathological urge to kill.
(d) To obtain the top-secret intelligence he carries.
10. What is the Mid-Ocean?
(a) A tennis club.
(b) A diving club.
(c) An ice rink.
(d) A golf club.
11. Why does Bond insist his Americano be made with Perrier?
(a) He holds stock in the company that makes Perrier.
(b) He likes the way the bottle looks.
(c) Expensive soda water is the cheapest way to improve a poor drink.
(d) He is incapable of drinking spirits straight.
12. What becomes of Rhoda after the divorce?
(a) Rhoda reconciles with Tattersall and they are very happy.
(b) Rhoda commits suicide.
(c) Rhoda has a pretty rough time and then marries the Canadian millionaire Harvey Miller.
(d) Rhoday begs for many years and then returns to Nassau to murder Masters.
13. What is the Colonel's response to Gonzales' proposal?
(a) "I would sell it for half as much!"
(b) "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse."
(c) "You'll have to do better than that."
(d) "The property is not for sale."
14. On his approach to Echo Lake, who holds Bond at crossbow point?
(a) Colonel Johns.
(b) Major Gonazales.
(c) Von Hammerstein.
(d) Judy Havelock.
15. What does the Governor smoke throughout the chapter?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A houka.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anyone who can come up with an original idea concerning the case must be what according to Colonel Schreiber?
2. What does Bond think of the Governor?
3. What is the assassin disguised as?
4. Where is Nassau?
5. Why is Bond frustrated by Rattray's news?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)