|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bond lure the assassin to him?
(a) Bond imitates the sound of a motorcycle engine.
(b) Bond takes the assassin's cohort hostage.
(c) Bond learns the spies' secret password.
(d) Bond disguises himself as a Royal Corps of Signals dispatch-rider.
2. What is Bond's last question to Colonel Johns?
(a) Bond asks what one has to do to become a Mounty.
(b) Bond asks if the Savage rifle's trigger is a single pull or a double.
(c) Bond asks for directions to the chemist who will give him walnut stain.
(d) Bond asks how far it is from the woods to the house at Echo Lake.
3. What first alerts Bond to activity in the house on Echo Lake?
(a) A column of smoke rises from a chimney.
(b) Maids begin setting the patio for breakfast.
(c) A white blind rolls up in a window.
(d) A maid tolls a bell calling everyone to breakfast.
4. How does Judy's face look when she identifies Von Hammerstein?
(a) Utterly without expression.
(b) Pleased, almost amused.
(c) Grim, almost cruel.
(d) Intensely angry.
5. According to M, who is the only man in the fleet who does not know what to do?
(a) The cook.
(b) The firstmate.
(c) The commanding admiral.
(d) The midshipman.
6. At the beginning of the chapter, what kind of vehicle is the assassin using?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A Ferrari.
(d) A motorcycle.
7. Who tells Bond about the gypsy camp?
(a) The police dog handler.
(b) Colonel Schreiber.
(c) Head of F.
(d) Mary Ann Russell.
8. How does Von Hammerstein manage to stay alive so effectively according to Bond?
(a) Von Hammerstein is phenominally lucky.
(b) Von Hammerstein is very likable.
(c) Von Hammerstein strikes fear in the heart of his enemies.
(d) Von Hammerstein is a man who takes trouble to do so.
9. Why does Bond dislike Nassau?
(a) Everyone is too rich.
(b) Everyone is dishonest.
(c) The flight is too long.
(d) The weather is too hot.
10. What do the girls do after the shooting contest?
(a) The girls sullenly return to the house.
(b) The girls argue over who will spend the night with the winner.
(c) The girls swim out into the lake.
(d) The girls bathe in the sun.
11. What happens to the Havelocks' bottles for Guavas?
(a) The Havelocks never have any bottles.
(b) The bottles get mashed.
(c) The bottles fill with mold.
(d) The bottles shatter.
12. How does Bond travel to Montreal?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) The Friday Comet.
(c) By jetpack.
(d) By oceanliner.
13. What is Judy's response when Bond calls killing Von Hammerstein and his men "man's work"?
(a) Judy shoots Bond in the foot with an arrow.
(b) Judy tells Bond this is her business not his.
(c) Judy kicks Bond between his legs.
(d) Judy vanishes into the woods.
14. Where is Content located?
(a) In Bermuda.
(b) In the far west of the Blue Mountains.
(c) In the foothills of Candlefly Peak.
(d) In the Green Mountains.
15. Where does Bond discover the spies' hideout?
(a) In Jamaica.
(b) Inside of SHAPE.
(c) In a tree-house.
(d) Under a briar-rose-covered mound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bond's general opinion of Judy?
2. What is the source of Harvey Miller's money?
3. What does Head of F tell Bond?
4. What are the gunmen's targets in their shooting contest?
5. How long does Colonel Johns say it should take Bond to get to Frelighsburg?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)