|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the assassin cover his tracks?
(a) He rides on to headquarters and impersonates the dispatch-rider.
(b) He changes his disguise.
(c) He does not attempt to cover his tracks.
(d) He steals the rider's wallet and wristwatch, and scuffs leaves over the crashed motorcycle's tire marks.
2. What must the members of a couple preserve in order to survive adversity?
(a) Their common humanity.
(b) Their high esteem of one another.
(c) Their wedding pictures.
(d) Their wedding vows.
3. Why is Bond uncomfortable in the Office of Works drawing room?
(a) The furniture is too hard.
(b) The room feels too cold.
(c) The room feels too hot.
(d) The room feels too feminine.
4. Why does Bond insist his Americano be made with Perrier?
(a) Expensive soda water is the cheapest way to improve a poor drink.
(b) He holds stock in the company that makes Perrier.
(c) He is incapable of drinking spirits straight.
(d) He likes the way the bottle looks.
5. What is the most beautiful bird in all of Jamaica?
(a) The streamertail.
(b) The cardinal.
(c) The bluejay.
(d) The Jamaican turkey.
6. Where does Bond spend the night before departing for Echo Lake?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) Motel 6.
(c) The KO-ZEE Motor Court.
(d) The Hunter's Arms.
7. What is Judy's response when Bond calls killing Von Hammerstein and his men "man's work"?
(a) Judy kicks Bond between his legs.
(b) Judy vanishes into the woods.
(c) Judy shoots Bond in the foot with an arrow.
(d) Judy tells Bond this is her business not his.
8. What becomes of Rhoda after the divorce?
(a) Rhoda reconciles with Tattersall and they are very happy.
(b) Rhoda has a pretty rough time and then marries the Canadian millionaire Harvey Miller.
(c) Rhoday begs for many years and then returns to Nassau to murder Masters.
(d) Rhoda commits suicide.
9. What is the weather a month later in London?
(c) Indian Summer.
(d) Unseasonably cold.
10. What first alerts Bond to activity in the house on Echo Lake?
(a) A maid tolls a bell calling everyone to breakfast.
(b) A column of smoke rises from a chimney.
(c) Maids begin setting the patio for breakfast.
(d) A white blind rolls up in a window.
11. What are the gunmen's targets in their shooting contest?
(a) Empty champagne bottles.
(b) Clay disks.
(c) Von Hammerstein's girls.
(d) Iron garden furniture.
12. Where is Nassau?
(d) The Seychelles.
13. Where does Mary Ann Russell find Bond?
(a) Paris Intelligence Headquarters.
(c) Harry's Bar.
14. Anyone who can come up with an original idea concerning the case must be what according to Colonel Schreiber?
(a) Closely related to Einstein.
(b) Very lucky.
15. What is the source of Harvey Miller's money?
(a) Technology stocks.
(b) Real Estate.
(d) Natural Gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rhoda humiliate Masters?
2. What is Bond's personal sidearm?
3. Upon what sound does Bond reflect while sitting in M's office?
4. How does the assassin leave the scene without a trace?
5. Who tells Bond about the gypsy camp?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)