|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Hildebrand Rarity, pages 142-168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bond hunt in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) A stingray.
(b) A panther.
(c) A barracuda.
(d) A smuggler.
2. Why does the assassin kill the dispatch-rider?
(a) To satisfy his pathological urge to kill.
(b) To obtain the top-secret intelligence he carries.
(c) To avenge the death of his father.
(d) To win a bet.
3. What alarms Bond so that he crouches motionless for a full ten minutes?
(a) Two strange men approaching.
(b) A rock falling.
(c) A branch snapping.
(d) A bear approaching.
4. How does Bond lure the assassin to him?
(a) Bond learns the spies' secret password.
(b) Bond imitates the sound of a motorcycle engine.
(c) Bond disguises himself as a Royal Corps of Signals dispatch-rider.
(d) Bond takes the assassin's cohort hostage.
5. When does Colombo say he worked for the English?
(a) Just after college when he was coaching soccer.
(b) Last year as an independent contractor.
(c) During the Italian Resistance in World War II.
(d) During Italian Resistance in World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Bond order when sits at Kristatos's table?
2. What becomes of Rhoda after the divorce?
3. Anyone who can come up with an original idea concerning the case must be what according to Colonel Schreiber?
4. At the beginning of the chapter, what kind of vehicle is the assassin using?
5. How does Bond save the lives of Colombo and his men?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)