|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Band of Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing various war memoirs, McPherson mentions that Wilbur Fisk, of the 2nd Vermont, wrote which of the following?
(a) The Rebel Yell and the Yankee Hurrah.
(b) Hard Marching Every Day.
(c) On the Altar of Freedom.
(d) Hard Tack and Coffee.
2. In the discussion of religious fatalism, what is described as the most dangerous position in the infantry?
(c) Color bearer.
(d) Drummer boy.
3. During the Seven Days battles, the 83rd Pennsylvania suffered what percentage of casualties?
4. In 1864, an officer in which regiment wrote of a successful attack on Confederate lines, defending the Weldon Railroad near Petersburg?
(a) 2nd Iowa.
(b) 9th Michigan.
(c) 12th New York.
(d) 15th Delaware.
5. In "Chapter 6: A Band of Brothers," McPherson states that in the Confederacy, which state endured a great deal of disdain from other states?
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the discussion of the physiological effects of warfare, a chemical reaction in the adrenal gland causes which of the following to be released?
2. In May 1861, a lieutenant in a Pennsylvania regiment wrote he would not enlist for a period longer than ________, unless his country needed him, in which case he'd enlist for life.
3. Which of the following Generals retrieved his character during the Battle of Fair Oaks?
4. In "Chapter 3: Anxious for the Fray," soldiers on both sides were afraid the war would be over before they had a chance to do anything, a fear written by a recruit from which regiment?
5. When a Quaker captain in the 5th New Jersey was threatened to be turned out of his faith if he did not resign, he found he could not leave and was later killed in which battle?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)