|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Band of Brothers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May 1864 the 7th New York was delighted to be ordered into action; they were less excited nine months later after having lost how many men?
2. While talking about good-luck charms, McPherson notes there were few _____________ in the Civil War.
(b) African Americans.
3. In the explanation of the Rebel Yell, McPherson quotes a soldier from which state who had said he would never yell during battle, but had anyway?
(b) Rhode Island.
4. When discussing various war memoirs, McPherson mentions that John Haley of Maine wrote which of the following?
(a) Hard Tack and Coffee.
(b) The Rebel Yell and the Yankee Hurrah.
(c) Hard Marching Every Day.
(d) On the Altar of Freedom.
5. When McPherson and his cousin visit the four Civil War battlefields near Fredericksburg, Virginia, he notes that it is the day after which of the following holidays?
(a) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which state was the soldier who felt that religion was what made brave soldiers, during the discussion of Civil War faith?
2. While talking about religious fatalism, McPherson says that more soldiers were practical Arminians than strict __________________.
3. Which of the following states had the strongest convictions about the war, according to the descriptions of Southern motivations for war?
4. In the discussion of hyped-up battle behavior, McPherson notes that the phenomenon has been described as all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. During "Chapter 6: A Band of Brothers," McPherson notes that studies of combat motivation have shown the need of soldiers to prove themselves to wane after how many battles?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)