|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, On the Altar of My Country.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As McPherson begins to describe the training regimen kept by soldiers, he quotes a young man from Indiana who wrote what relative, complaining a soldier "is not his own man"?
2. As "Chapter 7: On the Altar of My Country" begins, McPherson quotes an analysis of surviving Tennessee soldiers that showed they weren't really aware of the South's goals during the Civil War. Which decade was the analysis?
3. As McPherson describes how soldiers on both sides were spoiling for a fight, he mentions an expression denoting exciting experiences: see the _________?
4. When discussing the mark of honor, which of the following did Civil War soldiers most wish to avoid?
5. When McPherson talks about the ways in which the eagerness for battle was not unique to Civil War soldiers, he mentions the same phenomenon during which war?
(a) Revolutionary War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. As "Chapter 6: A Band of Brothers" opens, McPherson says that Civil War soldiers wrote much about all BUT WHICH of these synonyms?
2. In July 1861, what battle caused Northern volunteers to flock to the army?
3. When the 7th Vermont was called forward in June 1862, which of the following regiments pouted while Vermont celebrated?
4. In the discussion of hyped-up battle behavior, McPherson notes that the phenomenon has been described as all BUT WHICH of the following?
5. After the battle of Fredericksburg, the 10th New York had fought six battles in as many months and had lost all but how many men?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)