Chapter 1, This War is a Crusade
1. As the book opens, McPherson says that he took some Princeton students to Gettysburg in the spring of what year?
2. When McPherson and his cousin visit the four Civil War battlefields near Fredericksburg, Virginia, he notes that it is the day after which of the following holidays?
(a) Labor Day.
3. During his visit to the four Civil War battlefields near Fredericksburg, McPherson thinks about the fighting that happened on May 12, 1864; for how many hours did the battle last?
4. In his discussion of his ancestor, Jesse Beecher, McPherson says that in 1862 Beecher enlisted with the 112th New York at what age?
5. How many children does McPherson report that Jesse Beecher had when he enlisted with the 112th New York in 1862?
6. When discussing Jesse Beecher's service record, McPherson states that he fought in all BUT WHICH of the following states?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
This section contains 5,462 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)