|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newest and most addictive drug introduced to society?
2. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
3. Who had the ability to convey the visionary power of opium?
4. When was the hypodermic syringe invented?
5. In what year was a full years worth of opium sent up in smoke in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did coffee and tea support the sugar trade?
2. Why do international intelligence agencies need to propagate narcotics?
3. What of Marco Polo's adventures in the mysterious East may have blackened Cannabis' reputation?
4. What was considered history's joke on Europe?
5. How did the mystery get abandoned?
6. What is the difference between ayahuasca and DMT hallucinations?
7. If cannabis was legal, what would it do to influence social structure?
8. What is the reasonable course of action regarding substance use?
9. What was indicative of an influx in feminine values?
10. Why is the use of the coca plant in the Amazon seen as a food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the legal substances as a form of control. If McKenna is right, then how are some of the illegal substances a form of liberation? How would these negatively impact the level of control the government could exert on the population?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the shift from a goddess to god. What kinds of values were lost in the shift, according to McKenna? How might humanity benefit in reverting to that state of consciousness now? What kinds of behavioral patterns were changed when the deity changed?
Essay Topic 3
McKenna makes the accusation that governments are the heads of international drug cartels. Do you agree with this accusation? Why or why not? What points does McKenna make about this in particular that are especially intriguing and why?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)