|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a grass containing DMT an unlikely source of material to boost the human consciousness?
2. What unpleasant plants are also used by shamans?
3. What female deities persisted in the patriarchal society?
4. What is twilight state thinking characterized by?
5. Where might this form of civilization began?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Catal Huyuk puzzled archeologists?
2. How does Western society regard healers? How is this a problem?
3. Up until what point did shamanism lose its grip on humanity?
4. Why does cattle being a major motif in the Soma cult make little sense if Wasson is right?
5. What would a culture that shifted back to being plant based be beneficial to today's culture?
6. In what regard do most Westerners hold magic and those that claim to be practitioners of it?
7. In what two ways can the Transcendent Other be described?
8. What is shamanism?
9. How can the Stropharia cubensis mushroom be seen as both male and female?
10. What is Tasili n Ajjer famous for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypothesize the outcome of the legalization of all drugs. Would this create more or less of a problem in management? Why? How might society function with all drugs legalized? In what ways would society change? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the legal substances as a form of control. If McKenna is right, then how are some of the illegal substances a form of liberation? How would these negatively impact the level of control the government could exert on the population?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss alcohol consumption. How is it one of the most prevalent substances to induce intoxication on the market? What characteristic lends it it's stability in the consumerist marketplace? What is the problem with prolonged consumption?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)