|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was a full years worth of opium sent up in smoke in China?
2. What was the last bastion(s) of paganism?
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
3. What was the reason for the American government to make the emphasis off of heroin and onto cocaine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Cocaine had healing properties.
(c) The war was lost in Vietnam and a retraction was done from S.E Asia.
(d) Cocaine was proven to be less addictive.
4. What happened to women who drank wine in Rome?
(a) They were beheaded.
(b) They were beaten.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were murdered.
5. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
(a) Macerating the grain in pigs fat.
(b) The fermentation process of the grain.
(c) Macerating the grain in wine.
(d) Macerating the grain in water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was made by Raymond Lully?
2. What effect(s) does ergotized grain have on the body?
3. What was the preferred method of Cannabis imbibing?
4. What were hemp preparations in wine used for?
5. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motifs of a barely remembered mushroom cult are evident in the story of Glaukos?
2. What were the first of the Europeans to outlaw tobacco? What affect did this have on consumption?
3. What was indicative of an influx in feminine values?
4. Why aren't the positive effects of marijuana usage reported in America from scientists?
5. If cannabis was legal, what would it do to influence social structure?
6. How could Glaukos represent the Stropharia cubensis mushroom?
7. Why is watching television comparable to narcotic addiction? What properties support this? How might it be worse?
8. Why do international intelligence agencies need to propagate narcotics?
9. In what ways is alcohol a problem for society?
10. What do the governments gain in the visible suppression of morphine, heroin, and cocaine?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)