|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
(a) November 3, 1492.
(b) December 8, 1652.
(c) November 2, 1493.
(d) November 2, 1492.
2. Which was the most important of the trading companies?
(a) The British East India Company.
(b) The East British Trading Company of the Indies.
(c) The East British-India Trading Company.
(d) The East India Trading Company.
3. What did the sugar craze promote and cause to further promote itself?
(d) All of these.
4. What was made by Raymond Lully?
5. Psilocybin mushrooms stain which color when bruised or broken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language(s) was Der Meskalinrausch in?
2. What had sugar been known for centuries as?
3. What existed in the gangster subculture?
4. In what year was a full years worth of opium sent up in smoke in China?
5. What had caused the abandonment of Catal Huyuk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between heroin and tobacco regarding addiction?
2. Why do international intelligence agencies need to propagate narcotics?
3. How could Glaukos represent the Stropharia cubensis mushroom?
4. What were the first of the Europeans to outlaw tobacco? What affect did this have on consumption?
5. In what ways were opium ingested and what sparked the change in ingestion?
6. What was the difference in the tobacco's smoked by the natives in South America and the tobacco cultivated in Europe?
7. Why is watching television comparable to narcotic addiction? What properties support this? How might it be worse?
8. What do the governments gain in the visible suppression of morphine, heroin, and cocaine?
9. In what ways is alcohol a problem for society?
10. What likely caused the fall of Catal Huyuk, and where did its inhabitants go?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)