|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supports the theory that the Eleusinian drink was ergotized beer?
(a) Ergot is a source of powerful alkaloids that can cause hallucinations.
(b) At the Eleusis festival, grain was very important.
(c) Sir Arthur Evans unearthed vessels adorned with ears of barley.
(d) All of these.
2. What effect(s) does ergotized grain have on the body?
(a) It is vasoconstrictive.
(b) It is a hallucinogenic.
(c) All of these.
(d) It triggers the onset of labor.
3. When did chocolate reach France and England?
(a) The late 1600's.
(b) The early 1700's.
(c) The late 1500's.
(d) The 1650's.
4. Where were women paid to produce as many children as possible?
(b) What is now Indonesia.
5. What is the snake a symbol of regarding shamanic convention?
(a) The reborn.
(b) The deceased.
(c) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ended the glorification of nature and the planet as supreme spiritual forces?
2. Why is the legalization of marijuana a complex issue?
3. What language(s) was Der Meskalinrausch in?
4. What is the main problem with this theory?
5. Where is the narcotic power in the cannabis plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What likely caused the fall of Catal Huyuk, and where did its inhabitants go?
2. If cannabis was legal, what would it do to influence social structure?
3. How did coffee and tea support the sugar trade?
4. What is the reasonable course of action regarding substance use?
5. How could Glaukos represent the Stropharia cubensis mushroom?
6. How did the mystery get abandoned?
7. What are the downsides to coffee addiction?
8. What is the difference between heroin and tobacco regarding addiction?
9. Why do international intelligence agencies need to propagate narcotics?
10. In what ways is alcohol a problem for society?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)