|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the notion of illegal plants?
(a) Obnoxious but objective.
(b) Obnoxious but sensible.
(c) Obnoxious and ridiculous.
(d) Sane and objective.
2. What main point(s) are offered against the fly agaric mushroom?
(a) The experience is unpleasant in nature.
(b) It doesn't provide reliable ecstatic experiences.
(c) All of these.
(d) The incorporation of cattle in the ritual makes no sense.
3. What is the soul of poetic verse?
(c) Human emotion.
(d) All of these.
4. After what point may a shaman have access to a superhuman plane?
(a) After he has gained the wisdom from the other plane.
(b) After he has trained for fifteen years under the tutelage of a shaman.
(c) After he has graduated the "shamanism 101" course.
(d) After he has the experience of resurrection while in ecstasy.
5. Where do the most powerful mutagens occur naturally?
(a) In fungi.
(b) In trees.
(c) In animals.
(d) In plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a synonym to creode?
2. What according to McKenna seems to be the unique characteristic of the hominids?
3. Where are the ibogaine family of substances from?
4. What archaeological site has yielded a wealth of religious art?
5. What is the name of the vines used in making ayahuasca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the numbered paragraphs so important to humanity?
2. Up until what point did shamanism lose its grip on humanity?
3. What factor influenced the fall of the female deity as well as the separation of humans from the environment?
4. What psychological shift left European civilization at a disadvantage?
5. What is shamanism?
6. What is the difference between a dominator society and a partnership society?
7. What happened to the potential of ibogaine?
8. How can the Stropharia cubensis mushroom be seen as both male and female?
9. What are the two active chemical compounds in the Fly Agaric mushroom?
10. What two group activities acted to draw the hunter gatherer and tribal people closer together that modern civilization disdains?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)