|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cognitive ability are humans not known for?
2. What substances did the author use?
(a) Psilocybin mushrooms.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. In what pharmacological areas has LSD aided humanity?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Treatment of chronic alcoholism.
(d) Both of these.
4. What particular family of active chemical compounds does McKenna believe affected human development?
(a) Indile hallucinogens.
(b) Infold hallucinogens.
(c) Imbibed hallucinogens.
(d) Indole hallucinogens.
5. What attitudes do allies have?
(a) They are quiet and stupid.
(b) They are pushy and insistent.
(c) They are intelligent and quiet.
(d) They are quiet and shy,
Short Answer Questions
1. What was prominent on all images depicting the father of the Goddess?
2. Why is a grass containing DMT an unlikely source of material to boost the human consciousness?
3. What did the author find appalling?
4. What monstrous force(s) were born into modern times at the expense of a relationship with the natural world?
5. What questions do humans find most interesting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has Catal Huyuk puzzled archeologists?
2. What was Eliade's motive for exposing shamanism?
3. What is shamanism?
4. Why does cattle being a major motif in the Soma cult make little sense if Wasson is right?
5. How does Western society regard healers? How is this a problem?
6. What does John Pfeiffer observe about Upper Paleolithic art?
7. What are the two active chemical compounds in the Fly Agaric mushroom?
8. What factor influenced the fall of the female deity as well as the separation of humans from the environment?
9. Up until what point did shamanism lose its grip on humanity?
10. What are considered tools for the exploration of the human psyche? How are psychedelic shamans being considered as of recently again?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)