|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author originally believed that magic was a phenomenon of the...?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
2. Where does Terence McKenna believe Eden was?
(a) The Tassili n Ajjer.
(b) The Tasilli n Ajjer.
(c) The Tasili n Agger.
(d) All of these.
3. What monstrous force(s) were born into modern times at the expense of a relationship with the natural world?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Scientific industrialism.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Global politics.
4. What does science fail to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Lift the human spirit.
(c) Nurture the soul.
(d) Educate the mind.
5. What tree did the woman eat from?
(a) Either of these.
(b) The Tree of Knowledge.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The Tree of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would mushrooms have been especially noticeable on the African grasslands?
2. What is the connection between the loss of connection to nature and humanity?
3. What do psychoactive plants allow a shaman to do?
4. What is the modern incarnation of the Shaman?
5. What are allies friendly towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does cattle being a major motif in the Soma cult make little sense if Wasson is right?
2. In what ways is the shaman a remote ancestor of the poet and the artist?
3. What kinds of shamanic practices lead to ecstasy?
4. What has happened to communication techniques throughout evolution?
5. What are the two active chemical compounds in the Fly Agaric mushroom?
6. What important factor did women bring to language?
7. What was noted physiologically with the evolution of language?
8. What are considered tools for the exploration of the human psyche? How are psychedelic shamans being considered as of recently again?
9. What is the difference between a dominator society and a partnership society?
10. In what two ways can the Transcendent Other be described?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)