|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was important in the evolution of modern humans?
(c) The thinning of the cranial bones.
(d) The thinning and shortening of the arm bones.
2. What are allies friendly towards?
(a) Our attempt to become something greater than ourselves.
(b) Our struggle to maintain composure in the face of our egos.
(c) All of these.
(d) Our struggle to birth ourselves as an intelligent species.
3. What does a shaman get from entering the domain of plant intelligence?
(a) He finds harmony with the environment.
(b) He becomes enraptured by this perspective and isn't able to leave.
(c) He finds answers to the life altering questions we all seek.
(d) He becomes privileged to a higher dimensional perspective.
4. What is a synonym to creode?
5. What do psychoactive plants allow a shaman to do?
(a) To feel good about himself.
(b) To manipulate the environment.
(c) Allow the healer to journey into an invisible realm of natural magic.
(d) To inflate their ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dancing shamans have in their hands and sticking out of their bodies?
2. What happens to an individual in a state of ecstasy, according to Gordon Wasson?
3. What is the name of the vines used in making ayahuasca?
4. Why must the plant sought require no preparation?
5. What does Eastern philosophy call the dissolution of the ego?
Short Essay Questions
1. What psychological shift left European civilization at a disadvantage?
2. What happened to the potential of ibogaine?
3. What factor influenced the fall of the female deity as well as the separation of humans from the environment?
4. What is Tasili n Ajjer famous for?
5. What has happened to communication techniques throughout evolution?
6. How can the Stropharia cubensis mushroom be seen as both male and female?
7. What would a culture that shifted back to being plant based be beneficial to today's culture?
8. What was noted physiologically with the evolution of language?
9. In what two ways can the Transcendent Other be described?
10. How does Western society regard healers? How is this a problem?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)