|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had sugar been known for centuries as?
(a) A rare sweetener.
(b) A rare medicinal substance.
(c) All of these.
(d) A rare treat.
2. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(a) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Cannabis is second only to which plant in promoting partnership?
(a) Amanita muscaria.
(c) Stropharia cubensis.
4. What effect(s) does ergotized grain have on the body?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is vasoconstrictive.
(c) It triggers the onset of labor.
(d) It is a hallucinogenic.
5. What Canadian psychologist(s) found that patients treated for alcoholism with LSD improved?
(a) Abram Hoffer.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Humphrey Osmond.
(d) Both of these.
6. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
(a) December 8, 1652.
(b) November 2, 1492.
(c) November 2, 1493.
(d) November 3, 1492.
7. What was the purpose of having all these children?
(a) To provide workers for the labor intensive cultivation of sugar.
(b) All of these.
(c) To provide workers to create alcohol.
(d) To provide workers to bolster the economy.
8. What was the difference between the tobacco of the Classical Maya and that of which was distributed in Europe?
(a) It was euphoric.
(b) It was hallucinogenic.
(c) It was far more addictive.
(d) It induced a state of ecstasy.
9. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
(a) The fermentation process of the grain.
(b) Macerating the grain in pigs fat.
(c) Macerating the grain in water.
(d) Macerating the grain in wine.
10. When was smoking itself introduced in Europe?
(a) When the Indo-Europeans migrated and brought it with them.
(b) When Columbus came back from his second trip to the New World.
(c) None of these.
(d) When Columbus came back the first time from the New World.
11. When did cocaine and heroin become illegal in the USA?
12. When was the hypodermic syringe invented?
13. Under which science was to advance our knowledge of hallucinogenics?
14. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
(a) Treaty of Tientsin.
(b) Treaty of Tentsin.
(c) Treaty of Tentsin.
(d) Treaty of Telentsin.
15. What did the sugar craze promote and cause to further promote itself?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was famed to be the father of chemotherapy?
2. What did the Maya use cacao beans for?
3. What described the classification of 'hard drugs'?
4. "Wife beating without alcohol is like _______?"
5. What myth or story is explained in this chapter?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)