Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's crusade against marijuana created a public hysteria?
(a) Henry J Anslinger.
(b) Walter M Anslinger.
(c) Henry K Anslinger.
(d) Harry J Anslinger.
2. What happened to women who drank wine in Rome?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They were beaten.
(d) They were beheaded.
3. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
(a) Treaty of Tentsin.
(b) Treaty of Tentsin.
(c) Treaty of Tientsin.
(d) Treaty of Telentsin.
4. What language(s) was Der Meskalinrausch in?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
5. When was cocaine isolated for the first time?
6. Who was famed to be the father of chemotherapy?
(a) None of these.
7. What is the snake a symbol of regarding shamanic convention?
(a) The devil.
(c) The reborn.
(d) The deceased.
8. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
(a) Macerating the grain in wine.
(b) The fermentation process of the grain.
(c) Macerating the grain in water.
(d) Macerating the grain in pigs fat.
9. What myth or story is explained in this chapter?
(a) The one of Persephone.
(b) The one of King Minos.
(c) The one of Glaukos.
(d) The one of Polyidos.
10. Who had the ability to convey the visionary power of opium?
(a) Thomas De Quincey.
(c) Timothy Leary.
(d) Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
11. What was the first and most immediate payoff of the New World?
12. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(a) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
13. When is Cannabis akin to a hallucinogen?
(a) All of these.
(b) When the plant itself is smoked.
(c) When hashish is eaten.
(d) When hashish is smoked.
14. Where did the Goddess survive long after the dominator style had been in place everywhere else?
15. Under which science was to advance our knowledge of hallucinogenics?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did chocolate reach France and England?
2. What was the juice expelled from poppies used to treat in Saxon England?
3. What is the most powerful of all hallucinogens?
4. What did LSD do?
5. Where is Cannabis native to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)