|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cannabis native to?
(a) The heartlands of India.
(b) The heartlands of China.
(c) The heartlands of Central Asia.
(d) The heartlands of South Africa.
2. What was the reason for the American government to make the emphasis off of heroin and onto cocaine?
(a) None of these.
(b) Cocaine had healing properties.
(c) The war was lost in Vietnam and a retraction was done from S.E Asia.
(d) Cocaine was proven to be less addictive.
3. In Egypt around the sixteen hundreds, opium was prescribed to whom?
(b) Expecting mothers.
(c) Crying children.
(d) Nursing mothers.
4. Who's crusade against marijuana created a public hysteria?
(a) Henry J Anslinger.
(b) Walter M Anslinger.
(c) Henry K Anslinger.
(d) Harry J Anslinger.
5. What is the main problem with this theory?
(a) Ergot is addictive.
(b) Ergot is toxic.
(c) Ergot causes madness.
(d) Ergot causes blindness.
6. What were plant(s) of European witchcraft?
(a) All of these.
(b) Thorn apple.
7. What was the newest and most addictive drug introduced to society?
(b) Macha Lattes.
8. What happened to women who drank wine in Rome?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were beaten.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They were beheaded.
9. What did the sugar craze promote and cause to further promote itself?
(b) All of these.
10. What was the difference between the tobacco of the Classical Maya and that of which was distributed in Europe?
(a) It was euphoric.
(b) It was far more addictive.
(c) It was hallucinogenic.
(d) It induced a state of ecstasy.
11. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
(a) Treaty of Tientsin.
(b) Treaty of Telentsin.
(c) Treaty of Tentsin.
(d) Treaty of Tentsin.
12. Who could claim the dubious distinction of introducing slavery into the new world?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The British.
13. What was the opium tincture's name?
14. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
(a) Macerating the grain in pigs fat.
(b) The fermentation process of the grain.
(c) Macerating the grain in wine.
(d) Macerating the grain in water.
15. What kind of substance is honey?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Demeter was the goddess of what, according to the Greeks?
2. What was likely to be America's greatest agricultural product?
3. What is more addictive than either crack cocaine or heroin?
4. When was the hypodermic syringe invented?
5. What was the manual that was destroyed?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)