|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is promoted by this toxic diet?
(a) All of these.
(b) Heart disease.
(c) Toxic addiction and intoxication.
(d) Abuse of the land.
2. Why did the Japanese produce vast amounts of opium and heroin for distribution in China?
(a) To gain a profit.
(b) To create a distraction for the people.
(c) To manipulate the government into fixing the problem.
(d) To make the Chinese population too weak to resist occupation.
3. What described the classification of 'hard drugs'?
(a) Both of these.
(b) They are inject able narcotics.
(c) The are highly addictive.
(d) Neither of these.
4. When did cocaine and heroin become illegal in the USA?
5. When is Cannabis akin to a hallucinogen?
(a) When the plant itself is smoked.
(b) When hashish is smoked.
(c) When hashish is eaten.
(d) All of these.
6. What is the snake a symbol of regarding shamanic convention?
(a) The devil.
(b) The deceased.
(c) The reborn.
7. What group had proven itself unable to resist involvement in the world narcotics trade?
(a) The French secret service.
(b) All of these.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Opus Dei.
8. What was the first synthetic drug?
9. How had the natural world come to be seen by the late Roman times?
(a) As demonic and an imprisoning shell.
(b) As a friend and confidant.
(c) None of these.
(d) As a comfort and an equal.
10. When was smoking itself introduced in Europe?
(a) When Columbus came back the first time from the New World.
(b) None of these.
(c) When the Indo-Europeans migrated and brought it with them.
(d) When Columbus came back from his second trip to the New World.
11. What were Greek wines?
(a) Very weak.
(b) More like tinctures.
(c) None of these.
(d) Very strong.
12. What treaty legalized opium traffic in China?
(a) Treaty of Tentsin.
(b) Treaty of Tientsin.
(c) Treaty of Telentsin.
(d) Treaty of Tentsin.
13. Where is Cannabis native to?
(a) The heartlands of Central Asia.
(b) The heartlands of China.
(c) The heartlands of India.
(d) The heartlands of South Africa.
14. Why is the legalization of marijuana a complex issue?
(a) It might cause people to challenge authority more.
(b) It might cause people to rise up in the face of injustice.
(c) It creates a lack of fear in the government and social establishments.
(d) It might cause people to address ego dominant values and even change them.
15. What had caused the abandonment of Catal Huyuk?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had sugar been known for centuries as?
2. What was the first and most immediate payoff of the New World?
3. Demeter was the goddess of what, according to the Greeks?
4. What often went hand in hand with alcohol?
5. What was No. 4 China White?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)