|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the juice expelled from poppies used to treat in Saxon England?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
2. In Egypt around the sixteen hundreds, opium was prescribed to whom?
(b) Crying children.
(c) Nursing mothers.
(d) Expecting mothers.
3. When was the Doors of Perception written?
4. What was the present mode of culturally acceptable recreational drug use?
(a) With friends in a sensory deprived environment.
(b) In a crowded environment with loud noise and lots of distractions.
(c) All of these.
(d) Alone and in a sensory deprived environment.
5. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(a) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
6. Where do the 'old ways' still reside?
(d) In all of these.
7. What had caused the abandonment of Catal Huyuk?
(a) All of these.
8. What group had proven itself unable to resist involvement in the world narcotics trade?
(a) The CIA.
(b) All of these.
(c) The French secret service.
(d) Opus Dei.
9. Where were women paid to produce as many children as possible?
(b) What is now Indonesia.
10. Why did the Japanese produce vast amounts of opium and heroin for distribution in China?
(a) To gain a profit.
(b) To make the Chinese population too weak to resist occupation.
(c) To create a distraction for the people.
(d) To manipulate the government into fixing the problem.
11. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
(a) December 8, 1652.
(b) November 3, 1492.
(c) November 2, 1493.
(d) November 2, 1492.
12. What was the opium tincture's name?
13. What was made by Raymond Lully?
14. Who could claim the dubious distinction of introducing slavery into the new world?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The British.
15. What was No. 4 China White?
(a) Cocaine and heroin mixed together.
(b) Laced heroin.
(c) Heroin of extraordinary purity.
(d) Cocaine of extraordinary purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ended the glorification of nature and the planet as supreme spiritual forces?
2. What is the snake a symbol of regarding shamanic convention?
3. How big was the tea industry in England?
4. What was the last bastion(s) of paganism?
5. What did the sugar craze promote and cause to further promote itself?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)