|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the 'old ways' still reside?
(c) In all of these.
2. What was the splendor of the past based largely on?
3. How had the natural world come to be seen by the late Roman times?
(a) As a friend and confidant.
(b) As demonic and an imprisoning shell.
(c) As a comfort and an equal.
(d) None of these.
4. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
5. When did chocolate reach France and England?
(a) The late 1500's.
(b) The early 1700's.
(c) The 1650's.
(d) The late 1600's.
6. Psilocybin mushrooms stain which color when bruised or broken?
7. What was the purpose of having all these children?
(a) To provide workers to bolster the economy.
(b) To provide workers for the labor intensive cultivation of sugar.
(c) To provide workers to create alcohol.
(d) All of these.
8. What was the present mode of culturally acceptable recreational drug use?
(a) With friends in a sensory deprived environment.
(b) Alone and in a sensory deprived environment.
(c) In a crowded environment with loud noise and lots of distractions.
(d) All of these.
9. What was the opium tincture's name?
10. What was the juice expelled from poppies used to treat in Saxon England?
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
11. What was likely to be America's greatest agricultural product?
12. During the golden age of Athens, how many of the population were slaves?
(a) Three in four.
(b) Two thirds.
(c) One half.
(d) Three quarters.
13. What had caused the abandonment of Catal Huyuk?
(a) All of these.
14. Which was the most important of the trading companies?
(a) The East India Trading Company.
(b) The East British Trading Company of the Indies.
(c) The British East India Company.
(d) The East British-India Trading Company.
15. What were Greek wines?
(a) Very strong.
(b) More like tinctures.
(c) None of these.
(d) Very weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Demeter was the goddess of what, according to the Greeks?
2. How did Albert Hoffman ingest LSD?
3. Where did the Goddess survive long after the dominator style had been in place everywhere else?
4. What was the difference between the tobacco of the Classical Maya and that of which was distributed in Europe?
5. What group had proven itself unable to resist involvement in the world narcotics trade?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)