|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did LSD do?
(a) It create social apathy.
(b) It dissolves the gender barrier.
(c) Dissolves the social machinery through which it moves.
(d) It creates a lust for peace and trust.
2. Where did the Goddess survive long after the dominator style had been in place everywhere else?
3. How had the natural world come to be seen by the late Roman times?
(a) None of these.
(b) As demonic and an imprisoning shell.
(c) As a friend and confidant.
(d) As a comfort and an equal.
4. Why were the stimulant properties in coffee and tea the ideal drug of the industrial revolution?
(a) Both of these.
(b) They provided an energy lift.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They enabled people to work at repetitive tasks.
5. What supports the theory that the Eleusinian drink was ergotized beer?
(a) Sir Arthur Evans unearthed vessels adorned with ears of barley.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ergot is a source of powerful alkaloids that can cause hallucinations.
(d) At the Eleusis festival, grain was very important.
6. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
7. What was the splendor of the past based largely on?
8. How big was the tea industry in England?
(a) England was the primary consumer of tea beverages.
(b) It took up 6% of England's gross domestic product.
(c) It took up 5% of England's gross domestic product.
(d) It took up 8% of England's gross domestic product.
9. Why what year was tobacco routinely smoked with opium in China?
10. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
(a) November 3, 1492.
(b) November 2, 1492.
(c) November 2, 1493.
(d) December 8, 1652.
11. When was the hypodermic syringe invented?
12. What was the first synthetic drug?
13. Who's crusade against marijuana created a public hysteria?
(a) Walter M Anslinger.
(b) Henry K Anslinger.
(c) Henry J Anslinger.
(d) Harry J Anslinger.
14. What was the reason for the American government to make the emphasis off of heroin and onto cocaine?
(a) The war was lost in Vietnam and a retraction was done from S.E Asia.
(b) None of these.
(c) Cocaine had healing properties.
(d) Cocaine was proven to be less addictive.
15. What described the classification of 'hard drugs'?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The are highly addictive.
(c) Both of these.
(d) They are inject able narcotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the opium tincture's name?
2. Who could claim the dubious distinction of introducing slavery into the new world?
3. What myth or story is explained in this chapter?
4. What was the difference between the tobacco of the Classical Maya and that of which was distributed in Europe?
5. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)