|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was made by Raymond Lully?
2. What had sugar been known for centuries as?
(a) All of these.
(b) A rare treat.
(c) A rare sweetener.
(d) A rare medicinal substance.
3. What was the splendor of the past based largely on?
4. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
5. What had caused the abandonment of Catal Huyuk?
(d) All of these.
6. How did Albert Hoffman ingest LSD?
(a) He ate a tab.
(b) All of these.
(c) Through his eyes, it splashed.
(d) Through his skin.
7. What was the juice expelled from poppies used to treat in Saxon England?
(a) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
8. What was the newest and most addictive drug introduced to society?
(b) Macha Lattes.
9. Who could claim the dubious distinction of introducing slavery into the new world?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
10. Who was famed to be the father of chemotherapy?
(c) None of these.
11. What is in the typical American diet?
(d) All of these.
12. When was cocaine isolated for the first time?
13. On what day was tobacco first introduced into Europe?
(a) December 8, 1652.
(b) November 2, 1492.
(c) November 3, 1492.
(d) November 2, 1493.
14. What would separate the psychoactive alkaloids from those that are deadly in ergotized grain?
(a) Macerating the grain in wine.
(b) Macerating the grain in pigs fat.
(c) The fermentation process of the grain.
(d) Macerating the grain in water.
15. What was the first and most immediate payoff of the New World?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cannabis native to?
2. Why is the legalization of marijuana a complex issue?
3. What group had proven itself unable to resist involvement in the world narcotics trade?
4. In Egypt around the sixteen hundreds, opium was prescribed to whom?
5. What supports the theory that the Eleusinian drink was ergotized beer?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)