|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Cannabis akin to a hallucinogen?
(a) All of these.
(b) When hashish is eaten.
(c) When the plant itself is smoked.
(d) When hashish is smoked.
2. What mystery cult(s) existed on Crete in the fourth century, BC?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why what year was tobacco routinely smoked with opium in China?
4. Cannabis is second only to which plant in promoting partnership?
(a) Amanita muscaria.
(c) Stropharia cubensis.
5. In what year was a full years worth of opium sent up in smoke in China?
6. What was likely to be America's greatest agricultural product?
7. What was the present mode of culturally acceptable recreational drug use?
(a) With friends in a sensory deprived environment.
(b) In a crowded environment with loud noise and lots of distractions.
(c) All of these.
(d) Alone and in a sensory deprived environment.
8. Where did the Goddess survive long after the dominator style had been in place everywhere else?
9. What did LSD do?
(a) It create social apathy.
(b) Dissolves the social machinery through which it moves.
(c) It dissolves the gender barrier.
(d) It creates a lust for peace and trust.
10. When was smoking itself introduced in Europe?
(a) When the Indo-Europeans migrated and brought it with them.
(b) When Columbus came back from his second trip to the New World.
(c) When Columbus came back the first time from the New World.
(d) None of these.
11. What were Greek wines?
(a) Very strong.
(b) Very weak.
(c) None of these.
(d) More like tinctures.
12. How big was the tea industry in England?
(a) England was the primary consumer of tea beverages.
(b) It took up 6% of England's gross domestic product.
(c) It took up 8% of England's gross domestic product.
(d) It took up 5% of England's gross domestic product.
13. Which was the most important of the trading companies?
(a) The East India Trading Company.
(b) The British East India Company.
(c) The East British Trading Company of the Indies.
(d) The East British-India Trading Company.
14. During the golden age of Athens, how many of the population were slaves?
(a) Two thirds.
(b) Three quarters.
(c) One half.
(d) Three in four.
15. What is promoted by this toxic diet?
(a) All of these.
(b) Abuse of the land.
(c) Toxic addiction and intoxication.
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was coca seen by the indigenous people of the Amazon?
2. How did Leary and Schultes compare?
3. How had the natural world come to be seen by the late Roman times?
4. Where is the narcotic power in the cannabis plant?
5. Where were women paid to produce as many children as possible?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)