|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plant and Primates: Postcards from the Stoned Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author originally believed that magic was a phenomenon of the...?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
2. Where do the most powerful mutagens occur naturally?
(a) In fungi.
(b) In plants.
(c) In animals.
(d) In trees.
3. What is not a shamanic method of ecstasy?
(a) Having intercourse.
(b) Manipulation of breath.
4. What particular family of active chemical compounds does McKenna believe affected human development?
(a) Imbibed hallucinogens.
(b) Indile hallucinogens.
(c) Indole hallucinogens.
(d) Infold hallucinogens.
5. What religion in Africa is hallucinogenic plant based?
Short Answer Questions
1. What substances did the author use?
2. What do psychoactive plants allow a shaman to do?
3. What two groups of scientists have analyzed shamanism?
4. What is the connection between the loss of connection to nature and humanity?
5. What does psilocybin have a catalytic effect on?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)