|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Friday's feet bleed in Part One?
(a) Cuts from thorns.
(b) Cuts from the coral reef.
(c) Some strange virus.
(d) Bites from fleas and insects.
2. What does the woman ask for when she first swims ashore?
(a) To be allowed to die.
(b) Someone named Abigail.
3. What message does Susan try to convey to Friday at the end of Part One?
(a) That Cruso is dead.
(b) That she will meet him in his cabin.
(c) That she will protect him.
(d) That she is with child.
4. How does Susan respond to Friday's actions when she first sees him paddle out onto the bay?
(a) She realizes he has a soul or spirit.
(b) She is angry that he has not provided more food.
(c) She is excited at the possibility of escape.
(d) She feels a tendernes akin to love.
5. What is the name of the ship that rescues Susan and the others?
(a) The Hobart.
(b) The Redemption.
(c) The Sumner P.
(d) The Clayton.
6. Where does Susan sleep on her first night on the island?
(a) In Cruso's bed.
(b) On a woven mat.
(c) On a hammock.
(d) On a bed of grass.
7. What does Susan watch Friday do when she first sees him paddle out onto the bay?
(a) Feed some birds.
(b) Reach into the water and pull out a fish.
(c) Scatter flower petals on the water.
(d) Stay very still until birds land on his shoulders.
8. Who carries the person who steps on a thorn in Part One?
(b) The unnamed boy.
(d) An animal.
9. What best describes Friday's boat?
(a) It is remants of a much larger craft.
(b) It is a small raft tied together with vines.
(c) It is a roughly made sail boat.
(d) It is a log.
10. Where do Cruso and Friday sleep, when Susan first meets them?
(a) On the earth.
(b) Cruso on a bed and Friday on a mat.
(c) Cruso on a bottom bunk, Friday on the top.
(d) In hammocks made of vines.
11. What does Susan learn about Friday when he ignores her request to bring more wood in Part One?
(a) He only knows a few English words.
(b) He is fiercely loyal to Cruso.
(c) He thinks women are inferior.
(d) He lost his voice in a fire.
12. How does Susan disobey Cruso on her third day on the island?
(a) By making lunch.
(b) By leaving the hut.
(c) By looking through his things.
(d) By wandering in the woods alone.
13. Why doesn't Friday speak to Susan?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He has no tongue.
(c) Out of his respect for women.
(d) Cruso has told him not to.
14. Who steps on a thorn in the first section of the story?
(d) The unnamed boy.
15. Who falls ill in Part One, after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(d) Friday and Cruso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Cruso give to his shelter?
2. How does the woman who swims ashore feel when she is with the person who first greets her?
3. What does Susan believe that being on the island is?
4. What best describes Cruso's appearance?
5. What does Cruso say will act as a statement of his time on the island?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)