|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cruso say will act as a statement of his time on the island?
(a) The relationships he forms while there.
(b) The terraces.
(c) The shelter.
(d) A simple grave with a cross of stones.
2. What does Susan do when she wakes to find Cruso's hand exploring her body after she has crawled into bed with him?
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Encourages him.
(d) Jumps out of the bed.
3. Why doesn't Friday speak to Susan?
(a) Cruso has told him not to.
(b) Out of his respect for women.
(c) He has no tongue.
(d) He is shy.
4. What best describes Cruso's appearance?
(a) Kind, blue eyes and a balding pate.
(b) A graying man with muscles and all his teeth.
(c) Olive skin, dark eyes and dark curls.
(d) European, with green eyes and straw-colored hair
5. Why does Susan crawl into bed with Cruso when he is ill?
(a) To warm his body.
(b) To feel close to another human being.
(c) To escape the night chill of the island.
(d) To calm his bad dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell the ship's mates?
2. What, according to Cruso, is true of Friday?
3. What does Cruso tell Susan about punishing Friday?
4. What best describes Cruso's shelter when Susan first sees it?
5. Who carries the person who steps on a thorn in Part One?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)