|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sinks into a depression after Susan's arrival on the island?
2. What does Cruso say will act as a statement of his time on the island?
(a) The shelter.
(b) The terraces.
(c) A simple grave with a cross of stones.
(d) The relationships he forms while there.
3. What smell does Susan notice coming from the couple in Part Four?
4. What clue is given that Susan knew Mr. Foe before coming hiring him to write her story?
(a) She describes Mr. Foe's fondness for rose gardens prior to meeting him.
(b) The music box.
(c) She describes the house before arriving.
(d) The atlas in the study.
5. What does Susan find on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) A dead baby.
(c) A sash from a young girl's dress.
(d) A book by Mr. Foe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Susan try to convey to Friday at the end of Part One?
2. What does Susan do with the money she receives from Mr. Foe in the beginning of Part Two?
3. How does the captain react to Susan's story?
4. What does the woman ask for when she first swims ashore?
5. What does Susan say about mothers and children?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)