|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Foe suggest is written by a darker author than God?
(a) A government head.
(c) His debtors.
2. What do Susan and Friday eat for breakfast on their first morning at Mr. Foe's new residence in Part Three?
(a) Biscuits and cheese.
(b) Bread and milk.
(c) Fruit and cream.
3. What elements does Susan suggest adding to her story?
(a) Pregnancy and how Friday lost his tongue.
(b) Passion and sex.
(c) Another group of hostile cast-aways.
(d) Cannibals and corn seeds.
4. What is the meal that Susan enjoys after the ship first arrives on the island?
(a) Biscuits, cheese and ale.
(b) An apple, cheese and wine.
(c) Pork, biscuits and wine.
(d) Cheese and fruit.
5. What clue is given that Susan knew Mr. Foe before coming hiring him to write her story?
(a) She describes the house before arriving.
(b) The atlas in the study.
(c) The music box.
(d) She describes Mr. Foe's fondness for rose gardens prior to meeting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say the terraces on the island come to resemble with the passage of time?
2. Who does Susan believe sent the person who watches the house where Susan and Friday live?
3. Who does Susan find when she goes to Mr. Foe's home on May 1st?
4. What does Susan tell Mr. Foe about Bahia?
5. To whom is Susan referring when she says that person must do whatever is in her power to father her offspring?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)