|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cruso and Friday work on everyday, when Susan first arrives on the island?
(a) The crop field.
(b) Making tools.
(c) Improvements to the shelter.
(d) The terraces.
2. Why does Cruso say he never tried to build a boat?
(a) The current would not allow them to leave.
(b) He has no desire to leave.
(c) He doesn't know where he would escape to.
(d) Supplies are not available.
3. What does Susan say was her father's name?
4. How does Cruso react to the arrival of a ship on the island?
(a) He is scared and tries to run away.
(b) He fights the men who try to get him to board.
(c) He cries tears of joy and relief.
(d) He sits without emotion.
5. Where does Susan see Friday working when she awakens her first morning on the island?
(a) In the water by the shore.
(b) Up high in a tree.
(c) In a crop field.
(d) At a stone stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susan say that Cruso wants to remain on the island?
2. What name does Cruso give to his shelter?
3. Why does Susan crawl into bed with Cruso when he is ill?
4. What does Cruso tell Susan when he gives her a knife in Part One?
5. Why was Susan traveling to Bahia?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)