|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a ship arrives on the island?
(a) Cruso is put in handcuffs.
(b) Friday is shot.
(c) Friday runs away.
(d) The captain recognizes Susan.
2. How does Cruso respond to leaving on the ship?
(a) He cries with Friday.
(b) He loses hope and dies.
(c) He sleeps for three days.
(d) His spirits improve with regular meals.
3. What does Susan say was her father's name?
4. What best describes the person who first meets the woman who swims ashore in the beginning of the story?
(a) A black man.
(b) A boy with a shaved head.
(c) A woman wearing a bonnet.
(d) A white man.
5. Who cares for the person (or persons) who falls after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(d) No one, the person is left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cruso and Friday sleep, when Susan first meets them?
2. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
3. Why do Friday's feet bleed in Part One?
4. Where does Susan sleep on her first night on the island?
5. What does Cruso tell Susan about the laws of the island?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)