|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries the person who steps on a thorn in Part One?
(c) The unnamed boy.
(d) An animal.
2. What tool does Cruso first give to Susan?
(a) A clay cooking bowl.
(b) A writing utensil.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A fish bone needle.
3. Who was in the rowboat with Susan?
(a) The captain.
(b) A slave.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her lover.
4. Why does Susan say that Cruso wants to remain on the island?
(a) He loves Friday and will not leave him.
(b) It is where his love is buried.
(c) He has formed an attachment to natural living.
(d) Stubborness of old age.
5. How does Cruso refer to the ailment he gets shortly after Susan's arrival?
(a) As a bad heart come back to haunt him.
(b) As past deeds transformed to ill health.
(c) As woman-induced disease.
(d) As an old fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say about mothers and children?
2. Who steps on a thorn in the first section of the story?
3. How does Friday respond to live in the city, at the beginning of Part Two?
4. What picture does Susan recall drawing for Friday?
5. What clue is given that Susan knew Mr. Foe before coming hiring him to write her story?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)