|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the names of Miss Barrett's two sisters?
(a) Arabel and Sarah.
(b) Mary and Henrietta.
(c) Arabel and Henrietta.
(d) Sarah and Mary.
2. According to the author, who landed in Spain and reportedly shouted, "Span! Span!"?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Carthaginians.
(d) The Mongols.
3. Elizabeth Barrett had one sister who died when Elizabeth was how old?
4. The author states that, ironically, there is no __________ to stop humans with undesirable traits from breeding.
(a) "Man Club."
(b) "People Club."
(c) "Aristocrat Club."
(d) "Serf Club."
5. What was the date when Flush first decided to oust Mr. Browning by biting him on the leg?
(a) May 22.
(b) April 17.
(c) July 8.
(d) September 30.
6. In what city did Elizabeth Barrett live in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
7. What is an alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight?
8. Who was lying on the sofa by Elizabeth Barrett when Flush was finally summoned from the kitchen after biting Mr. Browning?
(a) Miss Mitford.
(d) Miss Wilson.
9. What, in reality, did Flush see himself as when he looked in the mirror?
(a) A companion.
(b) An aristocrat.
(c) A servant.
(d) A dog.
10. What is one of the features considered undesirable in Spaniels, according to the author?
(a) Dark eyes.
(b) A dark nose.
(c) A top-knot.
(d) Uncurled ears.
11. On what day did Flush make his second attack on Mr. Browning?
(a) April 3.
(b) December 26.
(c) July 21.
(d) January 1.
12. Miss Barrett asked Flush if he believed _________ was alive in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man."
(a) A tuba.
(b) A piano.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A harp.
13. What was the name of the Cuban Bloodhound who lived in the Barrett home?
14. Miss Barrett wrote that Flush loved her more than ___________.
(c) Other dogs.
15. Miss Barrett's life was the life of ____________, according to the author in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man."
(a) "A tiger on the savannah."
(b) "A bird in its cage."
(c) "A fish in a tank."
(d) "A monkey in a tree."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Elizabeth Barrett die?
2. Miss Browning wrote that Flush was of what school?
3. By what nickname was Elizabeth Barrett known to her family?
4. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the foremost poets of what era?
5. What did Flush do after his first owner deserted him in Miss Barrett's room?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)