|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means disgrace or public shame; dishonor ?
2. Flush concluded that "Where there are flower beds there are _____________."
(a) Bugs and worms.
(b) Asphalt paths.
(c) Pieces of garbage.
(d) Too many people.
3. At what age did Elizabeth Barrett begin to battle a lifelong illness?
4. According to the author, who landed in Spain and reportedly shouted, "Span! Span!"?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Carthaginians.
(d) The Vikings.
5. Flush was a descendant of what red Cocker Spaniel of note?
6. What year was it when Flush was taken to live with Elizabeth Barrett?
7. Whom did Flush refer to as Miss Barrett's sister's little King Charles?
8. Where did Miss Barrett take Flush for a walk in Chapter 2?
(a) Oxford Street.
(b) Petrarch's fountain.
(c) Marylebone Church.
(d) Regent's Park.
9. Flush was amazed by the smells of London, which were violently contrasted and compounded more than any he had smelled in the fields near ______________.
10. Flush became a father before he was how old in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
11. In Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man," Flush considered his situation and thought, "Hatred is not hatred; hatred is also ______________."
12. It was January in what year that Miss Barrett received a letter unlike others?
13. What word, meaning not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect, did Flash consider Mr. Barrett to be in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man"?
14. Some insisted that the breed of dog be called Spaniel because it was ____________.
(a) Derived from the Greek for "boy."
(b) The Latin word for "cattle."
(c) The name of a Biblical king.
(d) A pet name.
15. When did Elizabeth Barrett die?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname was Elizabeth Barrett known to her family?
2. On what date was Flush stolen?
3. Miss Barrett asked Flush if he believed _________ was alive in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man."
4. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the foremost poets of what era?
5. Of what did Flush ask, "Were these not the signals of freedom?"
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)