|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Italy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As time went by, Flush was said to have come to prefer the silence of _________to the robustness of a dog.
(a) The horse.
(b) The cat.
2. Who sent word that in his opinion it would be "an awful sin" to pay the ransom?
(a) Mr. Boyd.
(b) Mr. Taylor.
(c) Mr. Kenyon.
(d) Mr. Beames.
3. When was Barnard Gregory born?
4. Flush's first owner was offered quite a nice sum for Flush from whom?
(a) Dr. Pusey.
(b) Mr. Barrett.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) Mr. Kenyon.
5. The gang leader who stole Flush was said to make an income of how much a year out of the dogs of Wimpole Street?
(a) 2,000-3,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000-2,000 pounds.
(c) 2,500-4,000 pounds.
(d) 500-1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Flush ask, "Were these not the signals of freedom?"
2. What Shakespearean play does the author discuss in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
3. Flush seemed to understand that it was the policy of the railroad that dogs had to ride __________.
4. The author writes in Chapter 5: "Italy," that "there was a flowering branch of _____ on the dinner-table instead of one denuded, sour, yellow fruit."
5. Flush concluded that "Where there are flower beds there are _____________."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)