|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: The Hooded Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group insured that only those dogs with the desirable traits were bred?
(a) A Kennel Club.
(b) A Spaniel Club.
(c) A Judges Club.
(d) A Scientific Club.
2. What word, meaning not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect, did Flash consider Mr. Barrett to be in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man"?
3. How many brothers did Miss Barrett have?
4. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the foremost poets of what era?
5. In a letter in Chapter Three, Miss Barrett wrote, "You are Paracelsus, and I am _____________."
(a) "A poet."
(b) "A recluse."
(c) "Your muse."
(d) "An invalid."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date when Flush first decided to oust Mr. Browning by biting him on the leg?
2. On what date was Flush stolen?
3. What was the name of Elizabeth Barrett's aunt who helped to care for the children after Elizabeth's mother died?
4. Who is described as a lady with "a very light complexion -- pale, lucid, eyes; thin colorless lips . . . a nose and chin projective without breadth"?
5. At one point Miss Barrett imagined herself a nymph and Flush was _____________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)