|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: The Hooded Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flush concluded that "Where there are flower beds there are _____________."
(a) Pieces of garbage.
(b) Bugs and worms.
(c) Asphalt paths.
(d) Too many people.
2. Who is described as a "stout, well-groomed elderly gentleman, radiating benevolence" in Chapter 2?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Barrett.
(c) Mr. Kenyon.
(d) Mr. Boyd.
3. From what did Flush drink his water, noting that it was deserving of his high rank?
(a) A purple jar.
(b) A golden dish.
(c) A silver bowl.
(d) A bronze goblet.
4. What was the name of Elizabeth Barrett's aunt who helped to care for the children after Elizabeth's mother died?
(a) Miss Isa Blagden.
(b) Mary Graham Clarke.
(c) Sarah Graham Clarke.
(d) Mrs. Jameson.
5. On what date was Flush stolen?
(a) March 14.
(b) April 9.
(c) June 23.
(d) September 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confused Flush about Miss Barrett's room?
2. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the foremost poets of what era?
3. As a puppy, Flush lived on a farm named ___________.
4. In what year did Elizabeth Barrett's mother die?
5. What word, meaning not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect, did Flash consider Mr. Barrett to be in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)